Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:45 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,137 times

Advertisements

When they starting communicating in Spanish, that s(&t is so sexy to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 11:48 AM

Oooooh! Thank YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasley106 View Post
There are two Puerto Rican/Dominican restaurants in the area that I know of. One is on Eastern Avenue in Baltimore and the other is in Jessup.

Merengue Restaurant

Cazabe Restaurant

Old 08-07-2016, 11:51 AM

I can't wait to Baltimore throws their 1st Puerto Rican Day Parade!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydominican View Post
If u have white or very light skin wit HEAVY african and taino features, then u are NOT white , u are mixed, which is how a large portion of the Puerto Rican population looks. Maybe in the eyes of brainwashed n whitewashed Hispanics, they are white, but in the minds of most Americans & the rest of the world, especially in the eyes of actual white ppl, Puerto Ricans are mixed race Hispanics. That's not to say that there's no full whites n blacks within dat group, but I would say of the Puerto Rican population, 60% are mixed of whiteSpainard blackAfrican and nativeTaino, over 25% are white or mostly of white ancestry, another 10% are black or mostly black, and less then you 5% are Indian looking from the Tainos. Dominicans are slightly more African descended, but we are similar. There is massive research on this, look it up, Puerto Ricans are largely mixed for the most part.

As for the numbers, the census doesn't lie. The reason why the population of Ricans in maryland may seem smaller then it actually is, is cuz Ricans blend in far more easily then other Hispanics, in a state where there's more mestizo central americans then Caribbean hispanics, most ppl may see a white or black Puerto Rican and just think he's a white or black anerican, Also ppl in PR are born US citizens, and Ricans from the Northeast are usually Americanized to the point where they can just blend in and not be grouped with larger Maryland Hispanics groups like Salvadorans n mexicans. Especially salvis, who tend to heavily concentrate around DC, compared to Ricans who are split evenly between Baltimore and DC. But like I said, the census stats n other govt sites don't lie.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:57 AM

There are some Boriqua young ladies at my place of unemployment, and both Black and White men salivate over their beauty. Whites (and some black women), get highly upset and jealous that men don't pay attention to them. They proceed to try and nitpick these women, instigate fights, talk bad about them and try their hardest at getting them terminated. It's sad!

Old 04-29-2017, 12:27 PM

368 posts, read 453,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
I dunno. The Latinos I know from SE Baltimore are mostly from Mexico or Central America. Really, there would need to be a reason for Pennsylvanians, and Boricuan ones in particular, to move down to the area. Right now there isn't, and most of the growth in Baltimore seems to be directed in other directions than towards York.
If a Puerto Rican in PA is offered a job in MD, i would guess that they be more willing to take it, just off the fact of proximity to family and friends in Pa, compared to a job in a state much further.

Also, theres Puerto Ricans in places like Harrisburg/ York or Delaware who have many black friends who have strong or even mild ties to Maryland (especially Baltimore), which may or may not intruge them on moving there, probably go there with them to hang out night out at the club. Also, to many living in south central Pa (including ricans), Baltimore is the go-to city, it wont be long some start trickleling down due to proximity, employment reasons, and just overall big city amenities.

High crime and below par economy are certainly not going to be deterrants, just look at Camden NJ, Newark Nj, Wilmington De, Reading Pa, & Harrisburg for example, high crime high poverty cities filled with ricans.

Theres already a small community of them emerging, but dont get mistaken its no Philly or NY.

Also DC being such a prosperous metro and so close to areas like Philly & NY, is already starting to attract Caribbean latinos like Ricans and Dominicans. Not only that, but DC & PG county being a "black mecca" its appealing for, not only African Americans, but black immigrants as well ( like afro-latinos/Puerto ricans). Theres already sizable and growing number Ricans, but unlike in the Bmore area in the DC area they are alot more scattered throughout the metro, it seems like there more likely to live among blacks than central americans.

Last edited by Spreadofknowledge; 04-29-2017 at 12:48 PM..

Old 04-29-2017, 02:20 PM

128 posts, read 269,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadofknowledge View Post
If a Puerto Rican in PA is offered a job in MD, i would guess that they be more willing to take it, just off the fact of proximity to family and friends in Pa, compared to a job in a state much further.

Also DC being such a prosperous metro and so close to areas like Philly & NY, is already starting to attract Caribbean latinos like Ricans and Dominicans. Not only that, but DC & PG county being a "black mecca" its appealing for, not only African Americans, but black immigrants as well ( like afro-latinos/Puerto ricans). Theres already sizable and growing number Ricans, but unlike in the Bmore area in the DC area they are alot more scattered throughout the metro, it seems like there more likely to live among blacks than central americans.
LMAO...at all of this nonsense.

So, I was working in DC for 2 years. I promise you, there is no emerging Puerto Rican community...the Puerto Ricans who are there are disparate at best.

As for this laughable belief that Puerto Ricans want to be near blacks...as an "Afro-Puerto Rican" raised by a father who would make the blackest African-American look high-yella...lets just say that he finds AAes to be lacking in culture and I will leave it at that. And while I have nothing against AAes, I will say that I am not trying to live in SE DC (East of Anacostia) anytime soon. I hear the word "cocolo" more from Boricuas of a darker hue than me than the ones who look like my mom...(more European looking...)

Of course, there is a deeper historical context of the rift between blacks and Caribbean latinos...but suffice it to say there is contention that comes from both sides. The only thing we do have an appreciation for is the women...they like ours, and some of us likes theirs...though even with the latter....it is more about hitting and quitting...we still subscribe to the "merorando la raza" mentality...

Old 04-29-2017, 02:35 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,243,403 times
Puerto Ricans are American citizens, so why is this an issue any more than Kansans or Nebrascans or Texans moving to Maryland would be?

Old 04-29-2017, 02:55 PM

368 posts, read 453,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckOutOfNJ View Post

So, I was working in DC for 2 years. I promise you, there is no emerging Puerto Rican community...the Puerto Ricans who are there are disparate at best.

As for this laughable belief that Puerto Ricans want to be near blacks...as an "Afro-Puerto Rican" raised by a father who would make the blackest African-American look high-yella...lets just say that he finds AAes to be lacking in culture and I will leave it at that. And while I have nothing against AAes, I will say that I am not trying to live in SE DC (East of Anacostia) anytime soon. I hear the word "cocolo" more from Boricuas of a darker hue than me than the ones who look like my mom...(more European looking...)

Of course, there is a deeper historical context of the rift between blacks and Caribbean latinos...but suffice it to say there is contention that comes from both sides. The only thing we do have an appreciation for is the women...they like ours, and some of us likes theirs...though even with the latter....it is more about hitting and quitting...we still subscribe to the "merorando la raza" mentality...
Well theres already 50,000 Puerto Ricans in the DC metro area (which includes DC, Northern VA, and the maryland portion of the dc area). So call it what you want, but go to american factfinder the census website itself and look.

Both the DC metro and the Baltimore metro are both 1% Puerto rican , 50k in the dc area and 30k in the bmore area, tho DCs is more scattered around. Also, many Puerto Ricans in south central Pennsylvania already see Baltimore as their go-to city for nightlife and other big city amentities, which may mean a emerging PR community in Bmore.

Also, its probably the 1st & 2nd generation Afro-Puerto Ricans who look down on African Americans, many of the ones who been here for 4,5,6,7 generations are usually highly americanised and basically are african american culturally.

As for Puerto Rican men and African American women, in some areas its common to see these couples (like in Philly), while in other areas its rare and more of a sexual lust.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:58 PM

926 posts, read 1,256,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckOutOfNJ View Post

Thank God for that.

We don't know why you people, Latinos and Caribbeans, i.e. non AA's, follow us, migrate to our communities, schools, college institutions and online blogs and websites. Nor why you believe we want you in our space. As you said, contention comes from both side. Lol, the feeling are very mutual.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:45 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
Thank God for that.

We don't know why you people, Latinos and Caribbeans, i.e. non AA's, follow us, migrate to our communities, schools, college institutions and online blogs and websites. Nor why you believe we want you in our space. As you said, contention comes from both side. Lol, the feeling are very mutual.
Yahhhhhh ok

kick rokz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland