Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 03:19 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,765,762 times

Advertisements

Great. 2 bickering children who will probably take the state to another level. And it won't be going up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 PM

6,959 posts, read 11,227,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Great. 2 bickering children who will probably take the state to another level. And it won't be going up.
Who, the candidates, or us posters.

I was hoping that Franchot would run. It doesn't seem likely now though.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:07 PM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Who, the candidates, or us posters.

I was hoping that Franchot would run. It doesn't seem likely now though.
Remember we discussed this a few months ago prior to Franchot's announcement.

My postulate was that Gansler and Franchot would split the same voters allowing Brown to get in.

Gansler and Mizuer appeal to the same voters but she isn't well known, has the reputation in the Legislature of not playing well with others and (I will no doubt be criticized for saying this but she is doing it) is campaigning as the lesbian candidate. Because of that I don't have a feel for how she'll impact Gansler. She will no doubt impact him but who knows how much?

The race I'm concerned about is actually Attorney General. Brian Frosh is giving up his Senate seat to run for it and he's already laid out plans for more gun bans, ammunition taxes, mandatory insurance, registration of long guns and a New Jersey/Illinois style FOID requirement.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,765,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Remember we discussed this a few months ago prior to Franchot's announcement.

My postulate was that Gansler and Franchot would split the same voters allowing Brown to get in.

Gansler and Mizuer appeal to the same voters but she isn't well known, has the reputation in the Legislature of not playing well with others and (I will no doubt be criticized for saying this but she is doing it) is campaigning as the lesbian candidate. Because of that I don't have a feel for how she'll impact Gansler. She will no doubt impact him but who knows how much?

The race I'm concerned about is actually Attorney General. Brian Frosh is giving up his Senate seat to run for it and he's already laid out plans for more gun bans, ammunition taxes, mandatory insurance, registration of long guns and a New Jersey/Illinois style FOID requirement.
I'm not sure which is worse. Frosh staying in the senate or going for AG. All I know is neither will do any good.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:51 PM

569 posts, read 1,438,019 times
Bwahahahaha!

http://www.nationaljournal.com/hotli...party-20131024

Gansler says breaking up teen party was not his job - baltimoresun.com

Old 10-24-2013, 01:21 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,716,942 times
Ruppersberger says he’ll decide whether to run for Md. governor around Thanksgiving

Ruppersberger says he’ll decide whether to run for Md. governor around Thanksgiving - The Washington Post

Old 10-24-2013, 01:38 PM

148 posts, read 241,615 times
My quess is that Ruppersberger will get in now that Gansler has been a pizzle about the underage partying. I would have thought Brown would be a shoe in, but now not so sure.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM

6,959 posts, read 11,227,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Ruppersberger says he’ll decide whether to run for Md. governor around Thanksgiving

Ruppersberger says he’ll decide whether to run for Md. governor around Thanksgiving - The Washington Post
Dutch Perquisite Ruppersberger? I remember when he used to come up this way for the Rocky Gap Music Festival. It was like Brittney Spears or Bette Midler was coming to town. He acted pretty much like a spoiled diva, demanding more and more tickets for family, access badges, you name it. He stood out as being overly demanding and entitled in an atmosphere where freebies were the name of the game.

Lord have mercy on us.......

Old 10-24-2013, 02:24 PM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
Ruppersberger is actually a good politician. Gets a lot of things for his district and was generally considered a good County Executive.

If I were a betting man my money, right now, would be on Brown for the win. Gansler is self destructing as we watch, Mizuer is becoming a non-issue and Ruppersberger might, or might not, get in the race. Even if he does he'll have a tough haul in Prince George's, Montgomery, Charles and Baltimore City which are solidly behind Brown. Brown is also racking up endorsements left, lefter and right while showing up to damn near anywhere there's a crowd of more than two people.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:32 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,716,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Brown is also racking up endorsements left, lefter and right while showing up to damn near anywhere...
In Brown I see another KKT ... but black instead of female.
There's no "there" there.

The endorsements he has gotten are all from the same old line and wannabe party hacks who
(for various reasons) have knuckled under to peecee pressure. But like KKT (and Hilary ftm)
however well set up he may be for the Dem nomination... that isn't the one that matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland