Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:09 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times

Advertisements

Maryland Health Connection | Get connected to quality and affordable healthcare

After reviewing a few other states exchanges, I conclude that Maryland's seems to be over-done if that makes any sense; I've been looking for the actual premiums for about twenty minutes now without any luck. For the most part, I just want to see the prices on the exchange but I have no plans on going on to the exchange for the simple fact that I already have health insurance.

Well, if anyone finds the link to view actual prices please post it. So far I've liked the Massachusetts exchange the best in regards to how intuitive their site is, and Maryland's has been the most complicated. My only guess is that the exchange probably isn't up yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 08:02 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Yeah the last couple of daysI was curious and have been looking for prices too.

It probably wasn't up yet. I think it was suppose to go public at 8am.

According to cnn and nbc alot of the sites are crashing due to the traffic.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 AM

544 posts, read 1,047,302 times
It took a little digging but here's the "how to" page with a link that says "get started". You have to create an account first.

Compare Health Insurance Plans in Maryland for Individuals & Families | Maryland Health Connection

Old 10-03-2013, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,479 times
I'm the president of a one person S-corporation. Any ideas on whether I should get family coverage or small business coverage?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:42 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
It took a little digging but here's the "how to" page with a link that says "get started". You have to create an account first.

Compare Health Insurance Plans in Maryland for Individuals & Families | Maryland Health Connection
OK at first glance it appears as if the plans only pay a percentage. So even with the best plan you are still responsible for 10% of the costs. A serious condition could end up costing a ton of money out of pocket and possibly bankrupt you.

Am I missing something?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 AM

544 posts, read 1,047,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
OK at first glance it appears as if the plans only pay a percentage. So even with the best plan you are still responsible for 10% of the costs. A serious condition could end up costing a ton of money out of pocket and possibly bankrupt you.

Am I missing something?
Not really. Obamacare is a handout to the insurance companies. I don't understand why the GOP doesn't like it; generally they love things that benefit the corporate community while screwing the middle class.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 AM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
All plans usually only cover up to a certain percentage. Usually 80%. You have to cover the rest until your out of pocket max kicks in which includes your deductible. It's been like this for years.

That 70,80,90% is something to worry about on the more typical short emergency room visits or perhaps 1 night stays at the hospital because once you've hit your out of pocket max, which you will for anything major, the insurance covers 100%. Again, it's been that way for years.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:57 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
All plans usually only cover up to a certain percentage. Usually 80%. You have to cover the rest until your out of pocket max kicks in which includes your deductible. It's been like this for years.

That 70,80,90% is something to worry about on the more typical short emergency room visits or perhaps 1 night stays at the hospital because once you've hit your out of pocket max, which you will for anything major, the insurance covers 100%. Again, it's been that way for years.
So the plans do have an out of pocket limit? OK that's all I wanted to confirm.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
Not really. Obamacare is a handout to the insurance companies. I don't understand why the GOP doesn't like it; generally they love things that benefit the corporate community while screwing the middle class.
And Democrats love things that benefit mooches who don't work for a living and/or take responsibility for their own lives. Which category do you fall into? Or are you one of the minority or gay special interest groups the Democrats pander to?

Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So the plans do have an out of pocket limit? OK that's all I wanted to confirm.
That's what I saw. I'm trying to figure this out as well and see what is the best for me to do. Keep my current plan or go with one of the newer ones. Or go for medicare/medigap instead as I qualify for that due to ESRD and dialysis even though I'm only 45. I couldn't get on the MD health exchange but I looked on the carefirst BCBS site and they had all the new plans out as well as pricing and what's covered.

One thing I need to understand is the prescription coverage. It looks like the new plans have it (my current only covers up to $500 which is fine now) but still trying to decipher it in regards to anti rejection post transplant meds which I will need at some point in the future. Not sure what is better as far as that is concerned, newer policy or medicare w/ part D?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland