Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 PM

15,395 posts, read 25,658,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanhvtnymd View Post
Did you get receipts? This happened to me sort of once on the Mass Turnpike on the way to UMass Amherst. I went through an EZ-Pass toll. The operator made me pay cash of course, but he gave me a receipt in case I got a bill saying I didn't pay so that I could contest it. It was weird, but I took it and kept it for a year. Never got a bill, but I appreciated his concern.

If you have the receipts maybe you can contest it.
There are no toll booths, and no receipts. You pay via EZ-Pass or by getting your license plate photographed and they mail you a bill. No receipts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 02:57 PM

130 posts, read 361,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
arghhhh!

In July 2013 I took a road trip from Florida to NYC, on the way I stopped in Olney, MD to see my cousins then continued on my trip. I paid all tolls in cash (did not own an E-Zpass), I did not miss a booth at all!

Today almost 7 months later I received a statement from the Maryland Transportation Authority with a video toll payment due of $2.15. Problem is the payment was due on 2/10/14, as of 2/11/14 I now owe a civil penalty of $50.00!!! And I can't contest because it's past due! How convenient for the MTA that it didn't get postmarked, what the heck kind of scam are they running!

The letter/statement has a mailing date of 1/8/2014, but the envelope DOES NOT have a postmark date/stamp, in fact it looked like junk mail to me and I almost threw it out.

I have never heard of this idiotic Video Toll System until today, it's absolutely ludicrous and the epitome of HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!

At first I thought "did I run a toll without realizing it" impossible!, so I researched for hours until I found this....

For those users who do not own an E-ZPass® :

Upon entering the ICC, a photo of your vehicle's license plate will be taken and a statement will be mailed to the registered owner's address for the amount of the toll plus a service charge. This service charge helps offset the costs of looking up the information, printing, and mailing the statement.

Sorry folks, but Maryland sucks!
You ran a toll. Pay the conseuqences. Without whining, please.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:44 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,188,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker16 View Post
You ran a toll. Pay the conseuqences. Without whining, please.
Havin' a bad day are we? You're a little behind the curve ball bucko...

A word of advice Read Before You Post

Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 PM

15,966 posts, read 20,939,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
How can you drive onto the ICC and not know it's a toll road? It's well marked and the signs tell you that it doesn't accept cash.
As someone who hasn't used a toll road in years, I probably would have taken it that I better have my debit card handy when I exited, lol.
Have to agree that those of you familiar with the system probably think those signs are very informative and self explanatory, but to those of us who don't do toll roads they DO read as a bunch of gibberish.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:17 PM

794 posts, read 812,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Have to agree that those of you familiar with the system
What, the English language? That system you mean?

Quote:
probably think those signs are very informative and self explanatory, but to those of us who don't do toll roads they DO read as a bunch of gibberish.
Uh.. Tiluha was dinged by no fault of her own, as proven, but for those actually entering the ICC - what is not self explanatory about a sign in plain English that reads:

Toll, No Cash, EZpass... pretty simple, no?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:04 PM

15,966 posts, read 20,939,817 times
No, as an out of stater is that exit toll road only, or does it lead to both a toll road and a freeway (I-270)? Or is the exit to get off the upcoming toll road and if you miss it you're out of luck?
No cash only means no cash, how would I know it's EZ pass ONLY or some bizarre 'we take pictures of your license plate and bill you later' thing I've never even heard of? We don't have that in my neck of the woods and it certainly isn't explained on the sign. I'm not joking when I said my first thought would be it's some form of debit/credit at the exit toll.
Making a PBJ is pretty simple too, unless you are totally unfamiliar with the concept of sandwhiches. Remember this old thing?
The Science of a PB&J - YouTube

Old 03-05-2014, 07:16 AM

130 posts, read 361,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Havin' a bad day are we? You're a little behind the curve ball bucko...

A word of advice Read Before You Post
Nope. Not at all.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:26 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,528,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Making a PBJ is pretty simple too, unless you are totally unfamiliar with the concept of sandwiches.
PB on BOTH slices of bread is the secret.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:06 PM

74 posts, read 129,360 times
If you are driving along with the pace of traffic eating your PBJ, that sign says no cash is needed to use I270. And truly, none is

Old 03-05-2014, 06:15 PM

15,395 posts, read 25,658,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
What, the English language? That system you mean?

Uh.. Tiluha was dinged by no fault of her own, as proven, but for those actually entering the ICC - what is not self explanatory about a sign in plain English that reads:

Toll, No Cash, EZpass... pretty simple, no?
You chose the wrong sign. That one is on 95 right? There's a similar one on 270. The problem on that side is that there are 4 exits prior to it becoming a toll road, and it is numbered 370. The only sign that you are now on MD 200 from 370 is a yellow "last exit before toll" sign on the bottom of the 4th exit sign, as well as on the sign about a mile before that exit. It's easy to overlook those signs. They should not be overlooking them, but they're not first, or the last, drivers to make that mistake. Surely, MD can put a better sign up, can't they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland