U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 10:07 AM

29,996 posts, read 66,038,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs_bg View Post
As I stated earlier, Colorado law enforcement is currently dealing with...
...a learning curve.

Learning curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both the people, some of whom may never have had the opportunity to learn
how to cope elsewise, and the Po Po who may have never wanted to learn elsewise...
are finding their path through the wilderness. They shall succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 12:04 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,083,205 times
More freedom for more people means less government. Prohibition does not work other than to advance criminal enterprise, enrich lawyers and law enforcement and give people criminal records for burning a plant. If you are "against" something, make that choice for yourself and let other people make their own choices without infringement.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:30 PM

310 posts, read 634,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
...a learning curve.

Learning curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both the people, some of whom may never have had the opportunity to learn
how to cope elsewise, and the Po Po who may have never wanted to learn elsewise...
are finding their path through the wilderness. They shall succeed.
You have anything constructive to add to the conversation? Or are you going to keep repeating yourself with a "learning curve" whenever someone brings up issues with decriminalization of marijuana in relation to the criminal justice system? To answer something with "a learning curve" (twice without me even addressing you) tells me you have no significant rebuttle to my posts, and instead of saying, "hmm tgs_bg might have something here", you are blinded by your biased opinion on decriminalizing marijuana that you HAVE to respond whenever someone might have a point that you don't agree with, no matter how silly of an response it is. "A learning curve" is a catch-all, thoughtless answer to a question. Next time try responding with a solid argument backed with facts.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:35 PM

29,996 posts, read 66,038,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs_bg View Post
Or are you going to keep repeating...
pot. kettle. black.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:57 AM

108 posts, read 132,250 times
As to my understanding, possession over a certain amount will be a citation...
Smoking in public...citation
Smoking and operating a M/V...citation.

It will be much like alcohol in that respect... cannot use/consume in public or behind the wheel.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 AM

11,702 posts, read 6,667,165 times
This is exactly my understanding as well. I guess the argument is if it's decriminalized you would have more using, thus more chances of driving while impaired. Now that I think about it I'm not so sure. Seems to me users don't have a problem getting it so why would driving under the influence increase?

Old 03-24-2014, 12:09 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,059,538 times
Default If you want to read a balanced view, follow this link...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/he...uana.html?_r=0

This link directly addresses driving while having used cannabis/marijuana. It's a fairly balanced view of the evidence. It also looks at the cost/benefit of going after cannabis users and drunk drivers. Interesting read...

Last edited by Beaconowner; 03-24-2014 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or