Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,024 times

Advertisements

Hi
If you are a believer in CCW permit and want to carry the only way you will is to get a ccw from the Maryland State Police. They make up the rules as they go and you have to have a G&S reason to carry. Living in a high crime area is not good enough. You can go to MDShooters.com and learn more about the battle we are having with MSP and the MD General Assembly over this as well. If you can move to VA,DEL, WV or PA before you move to MD. In fact do not move here at all... Me and my wife are leaving this hell hole in 4yrs as soon as she can retire..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 12:40 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcoachdoug View Post
Hi
If you are a believer in CCW permit and want to carry the only way you will is to get a ccw from the Maryland State Police. They make up the rules as they go and you have to have a G&S reason to carry. Living in a high crime area is not good enough. You can go to MDShooters.com and learn more about the battle we are having with MSP and the MD General Assembly over this as well. If you can move to VA,DEL, WV or PA before you move to MD. In fact do not move here at all... Me and my wife are leaving this hell hole in 4yrs as soon as she can retire..
so the police make the rules?? what are u talking about? yah you have to get a permit if u consider yourself CCW. nd make up a reason. unless u really dont need a gun

Last edited by papichulo2; 05-04-2016 at 12:49 PM..

Old 05-04-2016, 01:07 PM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
so the police make the rules?? what are u talking about? yah you have to get a permit if u consider yourself CCW. nd make up a reason. unless u really dont need a gun

It's not quite that easy to get a CCW in Maryland. They are typically only issued to people who carry large amounts of cash and those who have an active threat against them. Good luck proving the second.

There was a recent incident where someone got one because his son in law had attacked him. When the SIL went to jail the CCW was denied renewal.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:51 PM

789 posts, read 1,095,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcoachdoug View Post
Hi
Not being able to legally conceal a weapon? THAT's the reason you want to leave MD? Fine. Bye. See ya. There are a ton of excellent things about this state, and I'm not going to let my desire to carry a concealed gun on me all the time dissuade me. And neither are the vast majority of the 6 million residents that live here. Extensive polling supports this.

Supporters of CCW would get A LOT further if they encouraged civility among supporters and collaborators rather than being loud, annoying, misleading and extreme. Nobody wants to stand next to the shouting idiot and be seen agreeing with them, especially if the shouting idiot wants to carry a gun everywhere!

Old 05-04-2016, 02:20 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
Not being able to legally conceal a weapon? THAT's the reason you want to leave MD? Fine. Bye. See ya. There are a ton of excellent things about this state, and I'm not going to let my desire to carry a concealed gun on me all the time dissuade me. And neither are the vast majority of the 6 million residents that live here. Extensive polling supports this.

Supporters of CCW would get A LOT further if they encouraged civility among supporters and collaborators rather than being loud, annoying, misleading and extreme. Nobody wants to stand next to the shouting idiot and be seen agreeing with them, especially if the shouting idiot wants to carry a gun everywhere!
Loud shouting and social bullying works great for other political causes, why not 2nd amendment rights?

But in all seriousness, it ain't happening in MD short of a Supreme Court decision to the contrary. It doesn't matter if the "shall issue" supporters shout like Banshees or calmly all write letters to their State delegates and senators, their voice will be ignored as it is the minority opinion.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:05 PM

449 posts, read 494,899 times
Totally agree with OP. I plan on moving to Alexandria in like 5 months and commute to BWI area in Maryland for work. That is how fed up I am with this extremely liberal, anti-gun, and heavily taxed state. The liberal locust have ruined Maryland.

See my thread here: //www.city-data.com/forum/maryl...burnie-md.html

Old 05-16-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post

Maryland violates the second amendment rights of it's citizens. The state should be sued and lawmakers held accountable.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:38 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,084,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
Maryland violates the second amendment rights of it's citizens. The state should be sued and lawmakers held accountable.
If you feel so you are welcome to sue the state over this. The NRA may even join or assist you in it.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
If you feel so you are welcome to sue the state over this. The NRA may even join or assist you in it.
Good news is Maryland is already being sued for its FSA 2013 law and the Federal Appeals Court 4th circuit has said Maryland's FSA 2013 must undergo "strict scrutiny" as it violates the second amendment rights of its citizens.

I've already reached out to delegates, senators, and even the former governor (O'Malley) in the past regarding the issue.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 AM

217 posts, read 308,022 times
Don't worry, Trump is coming. Everything will be okay after that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland