U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,571 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife and I are moving to Montgomery County from NJ this summer due to a job relocation. I am going to be working in Gaithersburg and we were thinking of purchasing in the Clarksburg area.

My wife fell in love with a new construction from Ryan Homes in Clarksburg but I am a little nervous after reading some of the horror stories online. Now, I understand that due to sheer sales volume, that there will be a greater number of negative experiences with Ryan. I also understand a lot depends on the individual subcontractors that are being employed.

Does anyone have any experiences, both positive and negative, with this builder in Clarksburg Village?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 08:40 AM

30,099 posts, read 66,361,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjakes View Post
...moving to Montgomery County from NJ this summer due to a job relocation.
and we were thinking of purchasing...
Right off the bat?

Rent for a year or two at first.
Use that time to look around, make some friends, be SURE about the job...
and most of all to not rush a major financial decision.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:07 PM

1,759 posts, read 4,579,089 times
There are a number of builders in Clarksburg. Beazer and Craftstar are in Clarksburg Village. Miller and Smith is within earshot at Gallery Park. Winchester/Everson has a massive community called Cabin Branch on the opposite side of 270. Lennar (company I work for) just picked up a large position called Garnkirk Farms across the street from Gallery Park that will open in ~18 months.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:01 AM

490 posts, read 778,905 times
First off I want to say Welcome Montgomery County!!!!! Clarksburg is a Great area, you should have no complaints. I'm from South Germantown so where ever you can find good schools/good communities I always reccommend it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or