U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:01 AM

19,031 posts, read 20,912,307 times

Advertisements

If you don't like traffic or a certain amount of rude people, then I guess you have to go live somewhere in the countryside.

As for me, I like to live in the thick of things where there's a lot of money flowing and development happening. Maryland is one such state. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 02:33 PM

7 posts, read 44,877 times
I am a native Marylander and when I visit South Carolina, the traffic delay is always in Virginia. Never fails no matter what day or hour we are driving through. The trouble seems to be people rubbernecking. No kidding. If drivers would just stay in their lanes, then maybe there would be less accidents. Oh, and PLEASE stay off of the cells. Just drive! But it is not the traffic that is driving people away from MD. It is the taxes!!!!! Instead of the FREE state. Call us the FEE state! Gov. O'Malley is stealing from our paychecks and our pensions. It is sad. Mismanagement of funds. And we are paying for that!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 AM

6,034 posts, read 8,189,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This past weekend we visited a friend who lives outside of Cambridge. I honestly have never met friendlier people, the couple we met at the boat ramp stopped just short of inviting us over for dinner. EVERYONE I came across was like that.

I get what Philly guy is saying about the majority of the people living near the cities. He is going by population, I am going by geography as we are of course generalizing about an entire state and he wants to focus on a small section of the state. I'll say it again, traffic and "rude" people are not unique to the MD burbs. Go to any large city, especially in the NE, and that's what you will find.
You're joking, right? You say I'm generalizing based off where a majority of the state's population is, but then you cite an example about when you were in a town of 12,000 people? You're the one focusing on small sections of the state...

And in my experiences in both areas, there were more rude people in Baltimore/DC than Philly (although at a sporting event that may be different).

And for the last time, I was not complaining just because there was traffic in the OP. I was complaining about the combination of screwups that occurred (which I've never seen anything like in any other states) that made the traffic exponentially worse than it should have been.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:14 AM

234 posts, read 264,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, you hate an entire state because a serious automobile accident caused a traffic jam at a certain location?

Okay, I suppose that sounds logical.
Yes that is stupid but what truly irritates me and more people should get involved is the illegal aliens in md who now has a minimum of 500k of them. Most abuse our systems while working our jobs. Human resources says only a green card needed and if your from md you know that many green cards are fake. Our citizens pay in excess of $2billion "a year" to illegals who take our jobs and yes they are voting. Spanish ballots at the polls yet a criteria for being a citizen is the ability to read write and speak English so why Spanish ballots? Md now 4th highest taxed state and #2 in foreclosures. This is stuff nbc, Cnn and local media don't tell you. SHAME ON THEM!

Old 09-30-2014, 06:43 AM

13,673 posts, read 20,889,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
Yes that is stupid but what truly irritates me and more people should get involved is the illegal aliens in md who now has a minimum of 500k of them. Most abuse our systems while working our jobs. Human resources says only a green card needed and if your from md you know that many green cards are fake. Our citizens pay in excess of $2billion "a year" to illegals who take our jobs and yes they are voting. Spanish ballots at the polls yet a criteria for being a citizen is the ability to read write and speak English so why Spanish ballots? Md now 4th highest taxed state and #2 in foreclosures. This is stuff nbc, Cnn and local media don't tell you. SHAME ON THEM!
Fake green cards is not the problem. The problem is employers paying workers in cash and not paying taxes on them. If the authorities went after them the illegal problem would fix itself. For some reason the authorities don't do it. In other words, those illegals must be legal since the government doesn't care.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:34 AM

234 posts, read 264,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Fake green cards is not the problem. The problem is employers paying workers in cash and not paying taxes on them. If the authorities went after them the illegal problem would fix itself. For some reason the authorities don't do it. In other words, those illegals must be legal since the government doesn't care.
Your right but fake green cards are a huge issue. Some are using different green card names to collect welfare & benefits several times. In md they are opening business's in record numbers and many are driving new cars. . .The reason authorities ignore is because they are told to ignore. Illegals are democrat voters. Sanctuary states like Md, florida, mexifornia and others depend on their votes for a win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or