U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-25-2014, 06:01 AM
 
6,055 posts, read 8,243,930 times
Reputation: 3592

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahodor View Post
Seriously.

Try driving on I-81 and I-83 in Pennsylvania, accidents happen here too. That is an interesting reason to hate a state.
In addition to what I just posted, I did give some other reasons as well in Post #11 when asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-25-2014, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Maryland
165 posts, read 194,737 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
In addition to what I just posted, I did give some other reasons as well in Post #11 when asked.
That makes more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2014, 06:01 AM
 
6,055 posts, read 8,243,930 times
Reputation: 3592
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
I never claimed accidents were the norm... that is not true... much like this thread.

Face it, GoPhils loves MD... that is why he can't leave... he hangs around posting and reading about SS, National Harbor, PG, mont county and wants to move back. But as he said, he can't make any decisions in his family... his wife won't let him return. No biggie... so he stays in the Maryland section of this forum.

I lived in PA... I hardly ever visit there... for example... lol
You said "I put myself in the situation by driving through Maryland at rush hour." That certainly sounds like I somehow should have expected it to take me 3 hours to go 2 miles.

LOL, other than this thread I've posted maybe 10 times in the Maryland forum in the past year. I posted a little more often after I first moved, but most of those were in response to relocation questions and such since in the 2 years I lived there I lived in 3 different places and due to my job I spent time in many different areas (and no, I didn't tell everyone not to move there). Unlike a lot of people that live in Maryland, I was trying to be helpful. As time went on my experiences probably weren't as relevant so I posted less. Sure, I check the forum every once in a while, but I also post on the NJ forum which is where I grew up. If how many posts you make are apparently the barometer for where you want to live, I post about 100x more in the NC forum, so what do you know, you're wrong again.

I'll admit my wife hated Maryland even more than I did, but believe me, I have no desire whatsoever to move back. The only reason we go there is because we have some friends there, and most of the time even when we go to see them it's because we're on our way back to NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2014, 01:27 AM
 
795 posts, read 1,084,148 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
You said "I put myself in the situation by driving through Maryland at rush hour." That certainly sounds like I somehow should have expected it to take me 3 hours to go 2 miles.
And you missed my post 17, while trying to explain your others postings in this thread. You want to blame others... I see.

You still have me laughing...

Quote:
LOL, other than this thread I've posted maybe 10 times in the Maryland forum in the past year. I posted a little more often after I first moved, but most of those were in response to relocation questions and such since in the 2 years I lived there I lived in 3 different places and due to my job I spent time in many different areas (and no, I didn't tell everyone not to move there). Unlike a lot of people that live in Maryland, I was trying to be helpful. As time went on my experiences probably weren't as relevant so I posted less. Sure, I check the forum every once in a while, but I also post on the NJ forum which is where I grew up. If how many posts you make are apparently the barometer for where you want to live, I post about 100x more in the NC forum, so what do you know, you're wrong again.

I'll admit my wife hated Maryland even more than I did, but believe me, I have no desire whatsoever to move back. The only reason we go there is because we have some friends there, and most of the time even when we go to see them it's because we're on our way back to NJ.
Yes, NJ, that bastion of sanity and serenity. You are so lucky to have escaped and moved to NJ.

I understand why you stay in the MD forums... I would as well.

Yes your wife... we understand. I believe you.

You should take your next vacation in Trenton... heard it is nice in the summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
11,921 posts, read 6,747,908 times
Reputation: 19105
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
First off, for about the third time, my main complaint wasn't that an accident occurred that backed up traffic, it was the complete clusterF that followed which I've never encountered anything like in my life.

Second, this was the original post you quoted of mine:



I didn't originally claim it was normal in DC, that post was in response to King_of_DC's posts such as the ones below which made it seem like he was claiming it was the norm (and there wasn't really anyone else disputing it originally). I was trying to get him to clarify if that was what he was saying, hence the question to start off the post.
Not sure what the confusion here is. That was not the quote of yours I was referring to and quoting. It was quoted in it's entirety and I'll do it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I'm sure you did, but that's not a common occurrence. Apparently in Maryland (and VA) that's just another typical rush hour.
It was in direct response to this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I once sat for 2 hours on Interstate 95 in rural NC because of an accident.

As I said you are clearly claiming that accidents and 2 hour backups are the norm for rush hour here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2014, 09:53 AM
 
6,055 posts, read 8,243,930 times
Reputation: 3592
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
And you missed my post 17, while trying to explain your others postings in this thread. You want to blame others... I see.

You still have me laughing...

Yes, NJ, that bastion of sanity and serenity. You are so lucky to have escaped and moved to NJ.
Your post 17 said my complaint was trivial, again making it sound like the situation was no big deal.

But I guess I can add reading to the list of things that Maryland isn't very good at. I clearly said I live in NC, and grew up in NJ (and also said I lived in NC in the very first sentence of the OP). Even still, NJ >>> MD.

Although seeing how it was 3:30 when you posted that, I'll give you a pass since you were probably drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Not sure what the confusion here is. That was not the quote of yours I was referring to and quoting. It was quoted in it's entirety and I'll do it again:

As I said you are clearly claiming that accidents and 2 hour backups are the norm for rush hour here.
I brought up the original post you quoted because that's where our back-and-forth started. So again I only came to that conclusion because of the multiple comments that King_Of_DC made making that implication without refuting it much when I asked if that's what he really meant. Hence the word "apparently" in the quote you were referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2014, 08:51 AM
 
1 posts, read 921 times
Reputation: 18
Default Penciltuckian logic at its finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
Yeah, MD sucks. On my post I was nearly screamed off by some people who got their panties in a wad over some little ol poor person's opinions. It just further infuriates me about some things about this state: overcrowded roads being one major source of my headaches. When I go home to PA, I'm much more relaxed and am not gripping the wheel out of stress. If I could go home, find a job, and have my husband find a job that pays well, we'd be out of here. I just got a good job with HoCo so we'll be sitting in traffic at least for another 5 years...then who knows. I feel your pain though!

Dear Sir:
If you drive from PA to Howard County, MD every day then you are the problem and you have no business complaining about traffic. Period. And MD sucks? Really? Even though its taxpayers put food on your family's otherwise empty table? Food that neither the Great State of Penciltucky nor your partner could provide? Huh?!? This is truly head scratcher...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2014, 10:22 AM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,930,071 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Your post 17 said my complaint was trivial, again making it sound like the situation was no big deal.

But I guess I can add reading to the list of things that Maryland isn't very good at. I clearly said I live in NC, and grew up in NJ (and also said I lived in NC in the very first sentence of the OP). Even still, NJ >>> MD.

Although seeing how it was 3:30 when you posted that, I'll give you a pass since you were probably drunk.



I brought up the original post you quoted because that's where our back-and-forth started. So again I only came to that conclusion because of the multiple comments that King_Of_DC made making that implication without refuting it much when I asked if that's what he really meant. Hence the word "apparently" in the quote you were referring to.
Whatever, Maryland is way better and more diverse than redneck hillbilly trailor trash no mans land of North Carolina....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2014, 05:53 PM
 
6,055 posts, read 8,243,930 times
Reputation: 3592
LOL at the irony of misspelling trailer trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2014, 05:16 PM
 
795 posts, read 1,084,148 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Whatever, Maryland is way better and more diverse than redneck hillbilly trailor trash no mans land of North Carolina....
I live in a trailer in NC... damn.

Listen, gophils love MD... that is why he trolls for MD forum and posts... and it works, he gets to communicate with people from MD!

Wonderful thing for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top