U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 01:58 PM

11,654 posts, read 6,647,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
LOL at the irony of misspelling trailer trash.
Now that's funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 07:44 AM

137 posts, read 246,293 times
I grew up in Maryland and lived here most of my life. I find the traffic here is congested obviously, but it's nothing compared to Northern Virginia which is so bad that I seriously don't think I could live there. The stretch from DC to Fredericksburg is preposterous. If anything bothers me in Maryland it's the number of traffic cameras utilized. I've received tickets for going just 41 in a 30. I mean, really?? Give me a break, how many areas should be 30mph anyway. I feel like I'm crawling when I drive that slow.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:09 AM

137 posts, read 246,293 times
Quote:

Crabcakes, Patterson Park, and my friends that still live there are just about the only things about Maryland I like. I certainly don't miss the abundance of rude and/or snobby people (of course not all were), the endless traffic, road construction that never makes any progress, speed camera traps (and no I've never gotten a ticket from one), the fact that no one knows how to properly make a pizza (not being a NJ/NY/PA pizza snob as they do actually have good pizza in NC), and just the overall dirtiness in many areas.
Canton is fun. My cousin lives there and I visit often. B'more is gentrifying, in a good way. Patterson Park is becoming halfway decent.

The pizza around here is generally subpar, but Vace's and 2 Amy's around DC are two that make a decent pie. Vace's is up there with some of the better ones. There's also several bagel shops around town that would give any place in NY a run for its money. Bagel City and Ize's in MoCo come to mind.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 AM

6,034 posts, read 8,192,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swishplace View Post
Canton is fun. My cousin lives there and I visit often. B'more is gentrifying, in a good way. Patterson Park is becoming halfway decent.

The pizza around here is generally subpar, but Vace's and 2 Amy's around DC are two that make a decent pie. Vace's is up there with some of the better ones. There's also several bagel shops around town that would give any place in NY a run for its money. Bagel City and Ize's in MoCo come to mind.
Hey I didn't complain about the bagels in my post :-). I lived across the street from Goldberg's in Pikesville for almost a year which was great.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:50 PM

3,608 posts, read 2,055,791 times
I'm starting to hate Fredneck more than ever before. No one here actually cares to help me to help myself. If only you could put this apartment complex that I live in in another state, that'd be great but I know that's impossible.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:42 PM

3,518 posts, read 3,603,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I'm starting to hate Fredneck more than ever before. No one here actually cares to help me to help myself. If only you could put this apartment complex that I live in in another state, that'd be great but I know that's impossible.
Would you care to explain, or are you just venting?

Old 08-19-2014, 06:18 PM

795 posts, read 1,078,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
You could put his complex in the middle of Beverly Hills and he would complain it "looks cheap" for the area.

Can't win...

This entire thread of full of people who love Maryland... that is why they are here posting... some can't return since other people make decisions for them.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:07 PM

3,608 posts, read 2,055,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
What takes the cake is I emailed the federal bonding program weeks ago (which is supposed to help people who are having a hard time finding jobs). They did not reply at all so I emailed them again asking them if I was emailing the wrong person. I still got no answer.
But I've been so over it here because I've been to numerous job fairs and they're all a waste of time. I know maybe if I move to another state I probably still won't get a job because I am me but people here don't help. I can't help myself if you don't help me.
I also get annoyed by my doctor. The doctor I had before said I was "normal" like he was shrugging off issues that I had. So I switched to a female doctor because I for some reason don't feel comfortable with male doctors. This was the only one they had for my insurance plan. She may speak English but she doesn't really understand me and I don't really understand her. If you can't understand English how'd you get to be a doctor? She also was adamant on prescribing me medicine for my GERD...didn't bother to check why I had it, just once I told her my symptoms she said I had GERD and that was it. I had to go back for something and the next time I visited this guy was substituting, he was the same as her with English. He was even worse with the medicine. I told him repeatedly I'm not taking it but he just prescribed it to me anyway like I had no choice. I think it is so funny though because I overheard him talking to the nurse about how I was strange. I agree that I'm strange but it says a lot about the doctors here to be saying stuff like that about your patient.

I'm glad that they have a Sonic now but it's still too hysterical here for my taste...nothing to do so I stay home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
You could put his complex in the middle of Beverly Hills and he would complain it "looks cheap" for the area.

Can't win...

This entire thread of full of people who love Maryland... that is why they are here posting... some can't return since other people make decisions for them.
Nah if my favorite of the landlords here was still working, it'd be great. If the one guy was the only one that stayed then no I won't be happy.
The only issue I have is that it's an apartment but if I couldn't live in a house I'd want to keep this complex wherever I go but since that's impossible I can't really move.

Last edited by Nickchick; 08-19-2014 at 11:24 PM..

Old 08-21-2014, 11:44 AM

6,034 posts, read 8,192,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post

Yeah Maryland is awesome woohoo!

Quote:
I certainly don't miss the abundance of rude and/or snobby people (of course not all were), the endless traffic, road construction that never makes any progress, speed camera traps (and no I've never gotten a ticket from one), the fact that no one knows how to properly make a pizza (not being a NJ/NY/PA pizza snob as they do actually have good pizza in NC), and just the overall dirtiness in many areas.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:56 AM

11,654 posts, read 6,647,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
What takes the cake is I emailed the federal bonding program weeks ago (which is supposed to help people who are having a hard time finding jobs). They did not reply at all so I emailed them again asking them if I was emailing the wrong person. I still got no answer.
But I've been so over it here because I've been to numerous job fairs and they're all a waste of time. I know maybe if I move to another state I probably still won't get a job because I am me but people here don't help. I can't help myself if you don't help me.
I also get annoyed by my doctor. The doctor I had before said I was "normal" like he was shrugging off issues that I had. So I switched to a female doctor because I for some reason don't feel comfortable with male doctors. This was the only one they had for my insurance plan. She may speak English but she doesn't really understand me and I don't really understand her. If you can't understand English how'd you get to be a doctor? She also was adamant on prescribing me medicine for my GERD...didn't bother to check why I had it, just once I told her my symptoms she said I had GERD and that was it. I had to go back for something and the next time I visited this guy was substituting, he was the same as her with English. He was even worse with the medicine. I told him repeatedly I'm not taking it but he just prescribed it to me anyway like I had no choice. I think it is so funny though because I overheard him talking to the nurse about how I was strange. I agree that I'm strange but it says a lot about the doctors here to be saying stuff like that about your patient.

I'm glad that they have a Sonic now but it's still too hysterical here for my taste...nothing to do so I stay home.

Nah if my favorite of the landlords here was still working, it'd be great. If the one guy was the only one that stayed then no I won't be happy.
The only issue I have is that it's an apartment but if I couldn't live in a house I'd want to keep this complex wherever I go but since that's impossible I can't really move.
See this the problem I have with this thread. I am not trying to be unsympathtic to your problems, just pointing out that issues with the Federal Bonding Program (whatever that is), job fairs, and doctors are not problems for you because you live in Maryland. Try talking to a veteran of a Detroit job fair and get back to me.

This entire thread has evolved into one big ***** session as people complain about their problems that have nothing to do with the state of Maryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or