Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 06:26 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times

Advertisements

The post I just re-quoted of mine most certainly does have to do with Maryland because those are all things I've had much better experiences with in every other state out of the 4 I've lived in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 01:33 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
You mentioned rude people and dirtiness. Can I give you my experience at an Eagles game at The Vet, then condone the entire state of PA for it?

Old 08-23-2014, 05:30 AM

Well the Vet's been gone for 10 years. I didn't say everyone was rude, just that there was an abundance of them. The ratio of rude to nice people in Maryland (particularly the DC area and some parts of Baltimore) is pretty much unrivaled to any place I've spent much time except for maybe North Jersey.

However for your reference Dave if I had to live in Maryland it would probably be in Carroll County.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:57 PM

204 posts, read 422,673 times
Leaving Maryland too..love many things about it but high taxes, money being spent on the roads that's the work of our crappy governer..Democrat all the way ruining the state. Just wait till all the illegals come flooding in..or should I say MORE illegals. At least we over on the shore don't have the traffic as much

Old 08-24-2014, 05:13 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
I too am pissed off at the governor and the high taxes. I get all that. But as I've said over and over again in this thread just because people are rude in Potomac does not mean the entire state is like that. I"ll continue to pound that point home as people continue to make a judgement about an entire state based on a few areas.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I too am pissed off at the governor and the high taxes. I get all that. But as I've said over and over again in this thread just because people are rude in Potomac does not mean the entire state is like that. I"ll continue to pound that point home as people continue to make a judgement about an entire state based on a few areas.
But what's the percentage of MD's population that lives in either the DC or Baltimore Metro areas? I'd guess it's gotta be upwards of about 75%. When the majority of the state's population lives in "a few areas," I think it's fair that that's what the majority of people's opinions are based on. It's even more silly to say, "Maryland does have a few great places to live...it's such a great state!"

Old 08-24-2014, 03:55 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
But what's the percentage of MD's population that lives in either the DC or Baltimore Metro areas? I'd guess it's gotta be upwards of about 75%. When the majority of the state's population lives in "a few areas," I think it's fair that that's what the majority of people's opinions are based on. It's even more silly to say, "Maryland does have a few great places to live...it's such a great state!"
All of the people living near DC or Baltimore are all the same? Is that what you're saying? It seems I recall the area being very diverse, but here you're saying it's not.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:28 PM

No clue how you came to that conclusion, but I'll let you run with it.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:59 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
No clue how you came to that conclusion, but I'll let you run with it.
You say people can meet someone rude in the area and conclude that the majority are rude based on this one experience. That's how.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
You say people can meet someone rude in the area and conclude that the majority are rude based on this one experience. That's how.
Maybe you didn't read the post three posts before that one then:

Quote:
I didn't say everyone was rude, just that there was an abundance of them. The ratio of rude to nice people in Maryland (particularly the DC area and some parts of Baltimore) is pretty much unrivaled to any place I've spent much time except for maybe North Jersey.
So to quote myself again:
Quote:
I guess I can add reading to the list of things that Maryland isn't very good at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland