U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:36 PM

45 posts, read 50,686 times

Advertisements

Thoughts/opinions on Belmont Towers?

Belmont Towers Luxury Vacation Rentals | Ocean City Boardwalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 05:57 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,829,020 times
Years ago I took my mom and stayed at the Dunes hotel (maybe its called Dunes Manor?). I recall it was a nice stay, beautiful oceanfront views with nice balconies.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:25 PM

I'm sure you-all knew this... But I got educated today on ocean-view vs. ocean-front. When you stop laughing... Belmont Towers is out.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Where are they going? If Ocean City the Holiday Inn at 17th Street is a good choice.
This one: 1701 Atlantic Avenue , Ocean City, MD 21842 , United States?

Old 08-05-2014, 06:28 PM

Well stated... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, we stay at the Holiday Inn a couple times a year, most recently this past June, and the only thing I saw accurate, in my experiences, in the negatives was the heat in the corridors.

The rooms we've stayed in have been clean, the kitchenette is stocked with the usual coffee service and the staff has never been rude to me.

The décor is "hotel standard".

Having said that, an awful lot of people expect to have their asses kissed when they go anywhere. You see it at hotels, restaurants, almost any place you go.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:30 PM

So (unfortunately) true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I agree that reviews can't be trusted. It is frustrating for sure, the same room will get 2 completely different reviews. But that happens with goods on Amazon so I guess it's understandable. I also understand that not all reviews are on the up and up. Competitors post stuff about other motels, managers post about their own etc.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:31 PM

83 posts, read 94,973 times
"Reviews can't be trusted" - well, maybe.

On TripAdvisor, you can see how many reviews, and what kind, a reviewer has posted. Never trust a single post "glorious" or "horrible" reviewer. The one hit wonders are either employees (glorious), or folks with an ax to grind (horrible).

Would you trust someone with:
73 reviews
60 restaurant reviews
27 helpful votes

Or:
1 review only?

On Trip Advisor at least, you can get a sense of whether reviews are likely correct, or the result of unrealistic expectations.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 PM

34,980 posts, read 44,543,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CovePA View Post
This one: 1701 Atlantic Avenue , Ocean City, MD 21842 , United States?

Yes.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:44 AM

11,544 posts, read 6,605,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionLady View Post
"Reviews can't be trusted" - well, maybe.

On TripAdvisor, you can see how many reviews, and what kind, a reviewer has posted. Never trust a single post "glorious" or "horrible" reviewer. The one hit wonders are either employees (glorious), or folks with an ax to grind (horrible).

Would you trust someone with:
73 reviews
60 restaurant reviews
27 helpful votes

Or:
1 review only?

On Trip Advisor at least, you can get a sense of whether reviews are likely correct, or the result of unrealistic expectations.
This is a great tip. I'm a regular on TripAdvisor and try to get fair honest reviews. With that said 2 honest opinions on the exact same room will vary.

Back to the opening poster where are you on your search? Sept is a great time to visit the beach. Weather is the best of the year, water is the warmest it will be, rates are down as are the crowds yet everything is still open. I'm also confused on Belmont Towers, are you saying none of the rooms face the ocean/boardwalk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or