Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:37 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,434 times

Advertisements

We lived in Easton for about 2 years and then my husband was offered a promotion in Baltimore.. we eventually moved to Carroll County because we thought the commute would be awful for him.
After 2 years of living there in the middle of nowhere, we decided, if we are going to have to live further out because of the housing prices, why not look back over on the E.Shore and be closer to the water as we like...
SO-this past Summer we moved back over and yes, the commute has been tricky and my husband doesn't have the type of job that he can really arrange flex hours. He was able to work something out for Friday's during the Summer months and we hope that he doesn't get delayed to much.
I do have to say as a wife & mom, it takes some patience in the evening when you have been home all day, but I also say,life on the Eastern Shore has many upsides!
The water is our main reason for being here.
Not having everything close by is a little hard to get use to, but they just opened a Target in Easton and slowly things are coming into this area.
Housing is much more affordable here and we built a beautiful home for much less than our home that we lived in ,in Carroll County cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 03:52 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,266 times
Quote:
I recommend the eastern shore for small ,medium,and large families,for adults and beyond as well,but not for singles(maybe ocean city).well I hope it helps..
Singles have all of Kent Narrows (Annie's, Jetty, Fisherman's Inn and a new Rams Head Pub) to play in.

We also have a huge brand new off shoot of the Anne Arundal Medical Center getting ready to open in Chester (about 4 miles East of the Bay Bridge)

Also - as telecommuting grows what was once a "commute" will mean changing from PJ's to sweat pants while we sip our coffee and point and laugh at the traffic on the bridge on the traffic report (I HOPE) LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland