Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:43 AM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Isn't it a shame that the rural-based Democrats (excluding Miller) aren't calling the shots in Annapolis?
Mike Miller isn't "rural based". His district may have migrated to include northern Calvert (which he lost, his margin in November came from what's left of his old district in Prince George's) but he's still I95 oriented.

There aren't all that any rural Democrats left and those that are marginalized, especially in the House by Busch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 06:46 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,057,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
Not even close.

No no no no no no no

Percent of White vote won by Obama 2012, by state

Stop using outdated info.

You'd think to the lengths you went to find an outdated map, you would have come across recent information.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:52 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,864,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
No no no no no no no

You'd think to the lengths you went to find an outdated map, you would have come across recent information.
Did you even read the article? Those are the estimations of a journalist trying to guess the percentage of whites who voted for Obama, not actual results.

Here are the official election results:

2012 Presidential Race - Election Results by State | NBC News

As you can see, a higher percentage of whites voted for Obama in MD than in PA.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,351,798 times
Quote:
No no no no no no no

Are you from Maryland or the DC area? Why in the heck are you so obsessed with this area. Hey, I have a house I'm renting out in Alexandria if you'd like since you suck this place so much

Old 01-08-2015, 12:45 PM

56 posts, read 79,688 times
He's from the New England area.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCK29 View Post
He's from the New England area.
I live in Dundalk right now.

I was born in Massachusetts.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah go to the Massachusetts form. You're highly obsessive and envious of this area clearly.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:55 PM

342 posts, read 511,128 times
Quote:

You used to be adamant about saying were from Chicago and were in the process of an imminent move to Pittsburgh. Then you became obsessive about Baltimore, and now you are suddenly a New Englander living in Dundalk? Sorry, I know garbage when I see it.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeMike91 View Post
You used to be adamant about saying were from Chicago and were in the process of an imminent move to Pittsburgh. Then you became obsessive about Baltimore, and now you are suddenly a New Englander living in Dundalk? Sorry, I know garbage when I see it.
Exposed.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeMike91 View Post
I lived most of my life in Chicago. I am 28 and I moved there when I was 4. Born in Mass. doesn't mean I am "from" New England. I have really not much recollection of early life there. Culturally I am a Chicagoan, and many times I'll even joke that I'm a born Chicagoan. I only have family in Massachusetts but I wouldn't consider it home by any means. Around the time I was going to live in Pittsburgh was to take care of my sick grandmother who lives there.

Fast forward to later in 2014 when I got a job offer in Dundalk, then I moved. Part of the reason why I joined this forum was to explore many places that interested me, and Maryland happened to be one of them. I can't post in different forums to find out about cities? That's what this forum is for. To post in different regional forums and many times it's to learn about potential places to move to.

I don't see why you take it so personally that I don't think your state is the Northeast. Is there some point you need to prove to the world? I get it, you get offended when people think it's the South. It's like there is a personal stake in being considered Northeastern.

As far as what I consider myself now, if it makes you feel happy, I don't consider myself a Southerner, or someone from the Northeast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland