Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:26 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times

Advertisements

I do not think anyone is bashing him/her I like all the data of facts he/she have provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 09:37 PM

217 posts, read 752,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
Fish, why does it bother you that blacks do not care about their poor? I've clearly illustrated, that whites clearly do not care about their poor either. It is a class issue. Is a white woman from Potomac going to go out of her way to be friend a poor white woman from one of the rural areas in Moco? Then why would you expect a black woman from Woodmore to go out and be friend or care about a poor inner beltway black? What besides race do any of these people have in common with their lowers or vice versa?

When was the last time you heard someone mention the white poor in either Montgomery or Baltimore Counties? They make up the majority of poor people in each of their counties , but you're not out chastizing anyone that doesn't display the white poor, so what's your deal with chastizing me in the other forum for not displaying the black poor in PG? Personally, I think they get enough news time don't you?

I think you have more hate in your heart then you're willing to admit, so while i think a lot of your concern is genuine you do have a bit of racial bais wrapped within that concern and its pretty obvious. I deal in fact nothing more nothing less.
Truth, you are slinging racial s*&t around now. I don't care what wealthy blacks think of their down and out brethren. I merely mention it because there is far too much talk about spending billions of dollars to move the impoverished out to rid the county of crime. If the county is majority wealthy blacks, as this forum would have us believe, who do you suppose is driving the bulldozer? Any black citizen should be appalled at these claims.

As far as different social classes fraternizing with each other it is rather obvious, isn't it? How often have you strolled through the poorest parts of your town with a pint of liquor in your pocket seeking out some unfortunate down and out to share it with for an evening of his company and conversation? I'll bet it makes your skin crawl. Those people don't bother me, I met homeless drunken bums - all black - when I was in high school and would talk with them at length. Sure they wanted to drink our beer but big deal. Whites in that same situation tried to get something out of us and I never trusted them.

I think you have more hate in your heart then you're willing to admit, so while i think a lot of your concern is genuine you do have a bit of racial bais wrapped within that concern and its pretty obvious. I deal in fact nothing more nothing less
You, sir, are biased(I spell it correctly) against your own race and bitterly, I might add. How many times have you claimed to never live in MD while typing away on your dais up in NY? Why else would you bludgeon the inner beltway and tout the wealthy so highly if not? The inner beltway is predominantly black yet I do not mention it, I don't really care as there are a few business I patronize inside of the beltway that I will not drive 25 miles south for. You, on the other hand, try to make this a tale of two counties - one malevolent and the other benevolent - and beat upon that fact in nearly every post. Your facts are not needed but for yourself.

As far as chastising you in the other forum for not displaying the black poor in PG and I doubt I did...c'mon - from way it comes across between you and that Iscalder there is nothing but multi-billionaires living in PGC that seek their own. Be realistic folks. There is no Dr Poorvorkian and you can't move the Indians onto reservations again.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:58 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Fish, I have to disagree there are still reservations and they are accomplished by zoning and other restrictive housing codes. It is not just a matter of containment but also creating exclusivity so folks can't or won't relocate. Just zone minimum size lots and no public transportation with a minimum of social programs at the local level and you can practice exclusivity. We already have reservations and they circle our cities and have begun to overwhelm parts of the suburbs. Look at a map of urbanization in Maryland and see how it has spread. Just look at the demographics of Columbia schools and how they have changed. The magic way to see how the poor are distributed is to look at Free and Reduced Meal Numbers for individual schools and not school districts. Just look at counties that won't build apartments in certain areas but still clamor for affordable housing with minimum lot sizes in some areas of those counties. Apartments, public transportation and social programs are the seeds for reservations to grow from.

Last edited by TuborgP; 01-19-2008 at 06:32 AM..

Old 01-19-2008, 10:41 AM

746 posts, read 846,227 times
fishfister;Truth, you are slinging racial s*&t around now. I don't care what wealthy blacks think of their down and out brethren. I merely mention it because there is far too much talk about spending billions of dollars to move the impoverished out to rid the county of crime. If the county is majority wealthy blacks, as this forum would have us believe, who do you suppose is driving the bulldozer? Any black citizen should be appalled at these claims.
  1. Fish, you honestly hold no true merit any these mini debates i have with you. You're so see through and it is beyond easy and simplistic to attack your arguments for what they are. For instance "If the county is majority wealthy blacks, as this forum would have us believe." I'm sorry Fish, sorry, that there are so many blacks that make double or triple what you make in the county. I just post the facts from the Census Data, so there is no supposing or assuming in what i do. Who driving the bulldozers? Who gives a rats putute. What is the point of this? Who cares who wants the poor out. Frankly when packed into densley populated areas they cause a high rate of crime and most residents would be more than happy to see a majority of them leave, so that they could bring in more middle class folks.
fishfister;As far as different social classes fraternizing with each other it is rather obvious, isn't it? How often have you strolled through the poorest parts of your town with a pint of liquor in your pocket seeking out some unfortunate down and out to share it with for an evening of his company and conversation? I'll bet it makes your skin crawl. Those people don't bother me, I met homeless drunken bums - all black - when I was in high school and would talk with them at length. Sure they wanted to drink our beer but big deal. Whites in that same situation tried to get something out of us and I never trusted them.
  1. Again what's your point in bringing up homeless drunken bums "All black" i might add. If you read my reference it was to class level and association. Let me phrase it this way would a white male business man in Potomac come to your house for dinner, conversation, and a cup of joe? Probably not! So why would a business black male go around with a "pint of alcohol" in his pocket to share with some down trodden homeless black man?
I think you have more hate in your heart then you're willing to admit, so while i think a lot of your concern is genuine you do have a bit of racial bais wrapped within that concern and its pretty obvious. I deal in fact nothing more nothing less
fishfister;You, sir, are biased(I spell it correctly) against your own race and bitterly, I might add. How many times have you claimed to never live in MD while typing away on your dais up in NY? Why else would you bludgeon the inner beltway and tout the wealthy so highly if not? The inner beltway is predominantly black yet I do not mention it, I don't really care as there are a few business I patronize inside of the beltway that I will not drive 25 miles south for. You, on the other hand, try to make this a tale of two counties - one malevolent and the other benevolent - and beat upon that fact in nearly every post. Your facts are not needed but for yourself."
  1. You sir are obviously not well schooled. Thanks for making it known. Let me grammatically write a sentence for you and tell me which one's right.
  2. 1. You do have a bit of racial "bias".....blah blah.
  3. or
  4. 2. You do have a bit of racial biased....blah blah
  5. Clearly you choose option two which, clearly indicates your lack of proper schooling. Sorry, for the cheap shot, but you asked for it. The one thing I do not do is go around correcting others run-on's or grammatical errors if I can understand thier point. This is not Enlgish class, but since you wanted to go down that path i have no choice, but to put you in your place.
  6. bias is the plusral form of the word
  7. biased is the past tense of the word
  8. For instance You have a racial bias towards another group
  9. For instance You attitude is biased based on your experience
  10. Do you notice the differnce?
fishfister; Why else would you bludgeon the inner beltway and tout the wealthy so highly if not? The inner beltway is predominantly black yet I do not mention it, I don't really care as there are a few business I patronize inside of the beltway that I will not drive 25 miles south for.
  1. You know what Fist the outer beltway is also predominately black as well, so what's your point? Again why do you bring up the black poor as if they are the only one's that live in this county? Clearly you have the issue. I've done nothing, but point out fact. There's a huge number of black poor and lower middle class and a huge number of black affluent in the county. Nothing more nothing less.
fishfister; As far as chastising you in the other forum for not displaying the black poor in PG and I doubt I did...c'mon - from way it comes across between you and that Iscalder there is nothing but multi-billionaires living in PGC that seek their own. Be realistic folks. There is no Dr Poorvorkian and you can't move the Indians onto reservations again.[/quote]

I'm sorry Fish, in which forum did I state the county is crawling with billionaires? In which forum did I state that blacks are out seeking their own? If anything the only thing i stated through facts is that anyone can clearly see the only county in the State that is crawling at almost every inch with billionaires is Montgomery County, MD. You have a very perverse way of interpreting data. This again as to do with your racial bias and you biased attitude towards blacks. It is amazing you do not realize this. Clearly, i point out both the faults of the lower class blacks and i tend to congratulate the success of the upper class blacks. Why? Because, they did the right thing and made the overall right choices, so if more blacks sought out how they got to the next level the community as a whole would be better off. Instead people like you seek to have class envy and create a feeling of animosity between the black poor/lower middle class and the black economic upper class. Um, this sort of reminds me of dare I say a liberal Agenda. The good ol' the rich are totally against you do not act successful like most of them instead disdain them for working hard, going to school, getting married and raising in most cases a well planned family. Instead of chastizing the few rich people that commit white collar crime why not hold up the majority of whom worked their butts of day after day to get into that poistion. Why not utilize the rich and ask them how they made it?

Last edited by truthhurts; 01-19-2008 at 10:54 AM..

Old 01-19-2008, 11:07 AM

Talking Wow maybe the Truth does hurt.

Learn from successful people?
Emulate successful people?
Try to have your children model successful people?
Evaluate people on their individual merits?
Strive for success as an individual yourself?

Truth you have gone to far, where is the data to support that success breeds success?

Next thing you will be advocating the value of education and hard work. Go pick yourself up by the bootstrap and get a grip on reality Mr.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 PM

The irony with this thread was it was strictly started to be informative, so that we could all have better discussions. However, even the best thought out forums still turn into these highly charged debates about rich or poor. I'm not sure what i was exactly looking for in starting this forum, but I figured people would find it interesting as to why some of counties are extremely wealthy or a mix of wealth and poverty. Why the area is so expensive etc and what contributes to Maryland being the Wealthiest State. Thus far that has only slighlyt happend.

I just find it interesting that a state that with all of the seemingly right things going is so polorized by class, race, COLA and other issues.

1. If you graduate from college
2. You're more likely to work in a high income job
3. If you get married you're more likely to have a high duel income salary
4. You're much more likely to find higher end jobs where more educated people are etc
5. Which lead to population growth
6. Overall great school systems state wide (note even the worst school systems in Maryland are far better than most school systems in the country)
7. You get access to the best of everything
8. Then you have quality of life issues (would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in the great lakes)
9. We could have disussed how high end job growth is pushing the lower middle and middle class out of Maryland due to the rise in highly educated workers moving to counties and increasing the cost of living
10. This thread could have been really informative and could have lead to some really great debates based on the statistical information. I'm not going to stop posting the real stats, but let's see if we can get some interesting debate going on some of the stats.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM

Default It has had great debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
The irony with this thread was it was strictly started to be informative, so that we could all have better discussions. However, even the best thought out forums still turn into these highly charged debates about rich or poor. I'm not sure what i was exactly looking for in starting this forum, but I figured people would find it interesting as to why some of counties are extremely wealthy or a mix of wealth and poverty. Why the area is so expensive etc and what contributes to Maryland being the Wealthiest State. Thus far that has only slighlyt happend.

I just find it interesting that a state that with all of the seemingly right things going is so polorized by class, race, COLA and other issues.

1. If you graduate from college
2. You're more likely to work in a high income job
3. If you get married you're more likely to have a high duel income salary
4. You're much more likely to find higher end jobs where more educated people are etc
5. Which lead to population growth
6. Overall great school systems state wide (note even the worst school systems in Maryland are far better than most school systems in the country)
7. You get access to the best of everything
8. Then you have quality of life issues (would you rather be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in the great lakes)
9. We could have disussed how high end job growth is pushing the lower middle and middle class out of Maryland due to the rise in highly educated workers moving to counties and increasing the cost of living
10. This thread could have been really informative and could have lead to some really great debates based on the statistical information. I'm not going to stop posting the real stats, but let's see if we can get some interesting debate going on some of the stats.
We are reaching a point of great and honest debate. It is very difficult for we as humans to accept someone else having greater success in anything without jealousy. Try retiring before 60 and not having to work again in your life. From a young age we resent the A student and the movies are full of them being teased. The disparity in wealth has to begin with a discussion of what is wealth. One poster asked you about Queens Anne county. While not wealthy in icome I believe many folks are asset wealthy due to land holdings. Wealth and the appearance of wealth are very different. When yuo can retire comfortably without working then yuo have a degree of secure wealth.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:31 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
Fishfister: You must be blind because or you might have just missed all of facts that was posted on this forum about Maryland. No one is taking away the fact that Montogmery county is the wealthiest county in maryland but the second wealthiest county in maryland is Pg county and thats a fact. You can believe what ever you want to believe but the fact still stands and people can careless what an KKK clan memeber thinks. Black people are not the only poors in America, Whites are also poor as well. Ypu want to believe all whites are wealthy driving Bently while all blacks are poor sitting in the back of the Metro bus. Maybe you need a dose of reality MR.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:32 PM

217 posts, read 752,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Fishfister: You must be blind because or you might have just missed all of facts that was posted on this forum about Maryland. No one is taking away the fact that Montogmery county is the wealthiest county in maryland but the second wealthiest county in maryland is Pg county and thats a fact. You can believe what ever you want to believe but the fact still stands and people can careless what an KKK clan memeber thinks. Black people are not the only poors in America, Whites are also poor as well. Ypu want to believe all whites are wealthy driving Bently while all blacks are poor sitting in the back of the Metro bus. Maybe you need a dose of reality MR.
Oh, I be sorry Missy Iscalder. You an Massa Truf be makin be feel lak like I a prejudiced SOB.
You are children and spouting off on an internet forum about changing the face of the world. I wish you much luck but you will be gray before your master plan ever comes to fruition.
I have no love for MOCO and I have yet to see a white drive a Bentley in MD but I have seen several blacks drive Corvettes, Beemers, Benz, Vipers and whatever. I don't care, get a gold plated Rolls.
I live in a black county and I know it. I do not spew out the trash I am accused of. I think I write at a higher level than most can comprehend or else this would not be. I do not care if every black in the county had a gold mine, the point is getting the workings of the county together so that it operates as it should. How many hospitals are in the county? Not a whole lot. does that make any sense? Why did my road get speed calming mountains when it needed repaving? Why are there no sidewalks in my neighborhood?

Why align me with the KKK? I have no want to be associated with them. At present I feel as if the Black Panthers and Nation of Islam are beating me up.
I guess I will have to move from Prince George's black county so that your dream of a nubian utopia may be realized.
I shall have to round up the poor whites and blacks and wander the desert for 40 years or so in the next year or two.

ps...go back to HS and get your GED and maybe you will be able write something legible.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM

All I can say is Wow. Great job Fish totally not neccessary. Although i do have to beg the question are you comparing me or Iscalder to the Black Panthers and Nation of Islam?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland