Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 PM

123 posts, read 381,266 times

Advertisements

That's odd I know people in Garrett County also and they don't have that attitude. The point is to list the places you like, not trash everyone elses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM

240 posts, read 1,065,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhelfoioracle View Post
That's odd I know people in Garrett County also and they don't have that attitude. The point is to list the places you like, not trash everyone elses!
Garrett County or the Deep Creek area?? There is a HUGE difference between where I'm speaking of and the lake area

Old 01-27-2008, 08:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2boys37 View Post
Garrett County or the Deep Creek area?? There is a HUGE difference between where I'm speaking of and the lake area
I'm just wondering, why is it that you have such a negative attitude? We all know that there are good and bad places in Maryland as there are in any state, so why are you so negative? That's not what this thread is about, this thread is about anybody knowing any good places in Maryland and you keep getting off-topic.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:55 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
Quote:
Oh I'm happy. I don't know how you all think that my negativity towards places makes me unhappy. I don't sugar coat anything in any aspect of my life. Sorry, if I don't like an area it's my opinion just like it's your opinion to think this is such a fab place to live. I only like Garrett County in the state of Maryland and if you ask the natives of that county, they don't even consider themselves a part of this state.
That's strange, most of my family lives in Garret co and they are very patriotic Marylanders

Old 01-27-2008, 08:56 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
Quote:
Oh I'm happy. I don't know how you all think that my negativity towards places makes me unhappy. I don't sugar coat anything in any aspect of my life. Sorry, if I don't like an area it's my opinion just like it's your opinion to think this is such a fab place to live. I only like Garrett County in the state of Maryland and if you ask the natives of that county, they don't even consider themselves a part of this state.
That's strange, most of my family lives in Garrett co and they are very patriotic Marylanders
But i agree, Garrett co is the best place in Maryland!
However i still disagree with the Frederick thing, but im not going to argue about it anymore

Old 01-28-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
That's strange, most of my family lives in Garrett co and they are very patriotic Marylanders
But i agree, Garrett co is the best place in Maryland!
However i still disagree with the Frederick thing, but im not going to argue about it anymore
Most of my relatives live in Garrett County and they say they might have the MD after their city (Oakland, MD) but thats all they have in common with the rest of the people down state.They might say they are patriotic Marylanders because in all honesty parts of Garrett County are what Frederick and other parts were 20 yrs ago.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:30 AM

297 posts, read 1,273,447 times
mom2boys37: Maybe you could tell us what you like about Garrett County...I have never been out there yet, and would love to know what there is to do and see there and why you like it. It seems like you really enjoy that area. By the way, I like camping so if you can list some nice places to camp I would appreciate it.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
mom2boys37: Maybe you could tell us what you like about Garrett County...I have never been out there yet, and would love to know what there is to do and see there and why you like it. It seems like you really enjoy that area. By the way, I like camping so if you can list some nice places to camp I would appreciate it.
I don't camp so I can't help you there. I don't like Deep Creek so don't ask me about that. I like the small town of Oakland for all the warmth and acceptance that place brings. It is full of great little local restaurants and there is a wonderful family, not yuppie, lake in Mountain Lake Park I enjoy a lot. If you looking for a lot of shopping, than this isn't the place for you unless you want to go to the 24 hr Walmart. Most of the people and my family travel to either Morgantown, Uniontown or LaVale to do their "mall" shopping.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:56 AM

7,011 posts, read 11,304,621 times
The relationship between Western Maryland and the rest of the state is complex. Most residents out here would admit willingly that we are more like neighboring WV or PA than the rest of the state. Bashing down-state politicians for ignoring and not understanding us is a common past time as well.

At the same time Western Marylanders often attend state universities, have job connections down state and are exposed to media sources from Baltimore and D.C. Most Western Marylanders are just that, "Western" Marylanders, not Marylanders, not West Virginians or Pennsylvanians. We have our own thing going.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
The relationship between Western Maryland and the rest of the state is complex. Most residents out here would admit willingly that we are more like neighboring WV or PA than the rest of the state. Bashing down-state politicians for ignoring and not understanding us is a common past time as well.

At the same time Western Marylanders often attend state universities, have job connections down state and are exposed to media sources from Baltimore and D.C. Most Western Marylanders are just that, "Western" Marylanders, not Marylanders, not West Virginians or Pennsylvanians. We have our own thing going.
And thats what I was trying to say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland