Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Wow every whiny Teabagger loser really made sure to chime in on this thread. If Hillary peters out then O'Malley's in, simple as that. You Teabags don't really get a say as to who we pick, either person would win. John Kerry was the worst candidate possible and barely lost in 2004. There's simply too many states now who won't elect a Teabagger, whining on message boards won't get Jeb into the White House.
You said the same exact things about Larry Hogan too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 08:37 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
We here in MD know of him personally, and more importantly, his record.
Maybe I'm off base, and it's NOT laughable that there's talk of him running for pres. But I just can't see it.
No. Everyone knows he is going to try, there is no surprise there so I find his potential running predictable but not laughable.

Quote:
^^ That depends on who you want to in the general election.

If you vote Republican maybe you want O'Malley on the Dem side......easier to beat than some one else.
O'Malley's support of the Dream Act will cost him votes, even from established Dems, but to assume he would lose just because he's M.O'M is lunacy. It would still depend on the opposition.

Quote:
But I've seen well-spoken, thoughtful and aware teens and 20-year-old who have more to offer than he does.
Sure. And you can say the same for kids being more articulate than some Repub politicians, can't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Sounds similar to Hillary's assumption that she'll get elected because after all, she IS above all us mere mortals, LOL.
She will be on the Dem ticket for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Luckily, I think this scandal will sink Hillary.
Nope. It will be forgotten by next week.

Quote:
It won't come to this because even if Hillary is NOT done in by email gate (and she SHOULD be), I don't think that in the end O'Malley will be a contender, or her ultimate rival.....
But, THAT would be a choice wouldn't it O'Malley or Hillary? UGH. He's even weak as a RUNNING mate.
I don't want O'Malley in ANY public office, ANY more. ....not elected, not appointed, not honorary, not leading some commission. NOT LOBBYING. He needs to just go away, back to his private life. And leave us alone. He's a lawyer right? Maybe he can go chase an ambulance somewhere....
You know, the irony is that if Hilary were a Repub or Libertarian the Right would demand that it is her God-given right as a free American to use what-ever email client she wants...and you all know that is 100% true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
O'Malley is in the picture only because liberals are quietly screaming for someone to challenge Hillary Clinton. They figure if they can't draft Liz Warren, then they've got to have a backup. Right now, that person is Marty O'Malley, but I suspect that will change.
Warren would do a good job against Clinton, but O'Malley will not. Unless you have been living under a rock, Clinton is the sure-fire favorite, and has been since 2008. Don't forget that a large number of Dems threatened to vote Repub if Clinton was not elected to candidacy even though I am sure you want to believe that these are the same people who would have wetted themselves over the prospect of a Black President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
The DNC can't find good leaders, mostly because all the smart ones are smart enough to stay the hell out of politics.
...all the smart ones are smart enough to stay the hell out of politics implies that all of the smart Repubs stay out of politics, too.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:56 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
The term 'Teabagger' is no different than '*******' and it makes you look like an whiner yourself. Try leading by example.

And besides, have you ever heard of Elizabeth Warren? She's got a hell of a lot more national recognition than O'Malley and would probably be a better candidate on the ticket for us Dems.
Youre clearly a right winger when you go after liberals for their language rather than the actual Teabaggers destroying America. Love to know who you think youre fooling lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
A better candidate than Hilary too.

Maybe she'll allow herself to be drafted at the convention?
She said shes not in and she's not getting in. People wanting something doesnt mean theyll get it. Hillary scared her off in someway we wont hear about for awhile. The anti-Hillary forces who got Obama over the finish line in 2008 are still there, Reid, Schumer, Durbin and the countless lower level anti-Clinton Democrats. I don't think they will let Hillary get a free ride but it won't be Warren.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:37 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Hillary scared her off in some way we wont hear about for awhile.
You write this as though the reason must be something nefarious...
rather than the quite pedestrian and obvious things like tying up the machine and financing.
Just like she did in advance of '08.

Being from the democratic wing of the Democratic party is tough.

Quote:
The anti-Hillary forces who got Obama over the finish line in 2008 are still there...
If she hadn't cash starved the other possibles...
we very likely would have seen Richardson (NM) get the nomination.
Someone else had to.

Quote:
I don't think they will let Hillary get a free ride but it won't be Warren.
Time will tell.

But the basic reason she didn't get the nomination in '08 is the same basic reason that she
shouldn't get the nomination '16 either: She's a lightening rod who will draw out far more
anti sentiment than she can make up for from her sycophants.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:09 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,019,885 times
Anyone see him on the Sunday morning talk show yesterday.
Boy, he's weak....talk about no there.....there.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:20 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Anyone see him on the Sunday morning talk show yesterday.
Boy, he's weak....talk about no there.....there.
I don't think he's really suited to the executive branch of government.
Maybe just in a fiefdom like the City...

Legislative branch... perhaps.
At one time this former Mikulski aide was thought the heir apparent there.

Maybe it's just time for him to get out altogether and make an honest living for a change.
Or at least to practice law.

Last edited by MrRational; 04-20-2015 at 09:42 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 09:41 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
O'Malley is the guy you get to run against Hillary so that it looks like she has some competition. I think it's staged. Clinton/O'Malley is a political love story with each of them having scratched each other's back in the past.

You need to go back to when she first ran for president and he endorsed her over Obama and held a fundraiser for her.

"O'Malley has long-standing ties with the Clintons. He accompanied then-President Bill Clinton to Ireland for peace talks in 1999, and Bill Clinton appeared in an O'Malley campaign commercial seven years later in the gubernatorial race. Hillary Clinton helped O'Malley raise funds in the final days of the 2006 contest."

The article is from early in 2008:

O'Malley's Clinton ties get politically thorny - tribunedigital-baltimoresun

How's he going to get away from this (2007)? She'll put it in her campaign ads if he gets any traction.

"O'Malley has been complimentary toward the other major candidates for the Democratic nomination, but he has not been coy about his leanings. "I'm very much inclined to support Senator Clinton," O'Malley said during a March appearance on The Politics Program with Mark Plotkin on Washington Post Radio. "I've been very impressed with Senator Clinton. I think she's been a terrific senator and would be a wonderful president of the United States."

O'Malley to back Hillary Clinton - tribunedigital-baltimoresun

I'm telling you, it's a set-up to make it look like she's not inevitable.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:08 AM

789 posts, read 1,095,118 times
God I listened to Morning Edition on my way in to the office and wanted to reach my hand through the radio and choke the personality out of the guy. By far the most uninspiring interview NPR has done IN A LONG TIME. It was painful. It was clearly painful for the interviewer too.

If you want to be frustrated, listen to Morning Edition tomorrow morning, he'll be on again (sigh).

Old 04-20-2015, 12:10 PM

569 posts, read 1,441,795 times
Quote:
^^ That depends on who you want to in the general election.

If you vote Republican maybe you want O'Malley on the Dem side......easier to beat than some one else.

In some places you can register as a Dem to vote for the weaker candidate on the Dem side, and then since you can vote for whoever you want in the general, just vote Republican.
Thanks exactly what I plan on doing.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:14 PM

569 posts, read 1,441,795 times
The only Dem who has a rats ass chance in hell of beating the Republicans is Jim Webb. Hillary is damaged goods and the rest of them are extreme leftist fringe candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland