Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 02:01 PM

147 posts, read 155,892 times

Advertisements

Currently I've been staying in Catonsville near route 40 with my brother. I came from Charles County. He will not be renewing the lease. Catonsville is ok, but we rather move elsewhere. In August, a friend of mind is interested in living with us and there is another possibility of someone else. I'm not that interested in Baltimore County but if something good comes to mind, please share.
I would consider Cockeysville. Also not a huge fan of PG county but Laurel seems nice. I like Howard county but not some parts ofcolumobia because it seems over crowded. I do like Ellicott city, Elkridge and Marriotsville. Germantown in Montgomery county seems nice.
Carrol county, Harford county, Calvert County and Charles County I will consider if I have to but they are a bit far from work.

I do not mind living in a apartment but it's not what we prefer, unless you really recommend one. We are open to rent a house or townhouse as well.

Any other county and area in that county you can think of. I'm pretty open.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 03:09 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameme234 View Post
I do not mind living in a apartment but it's not what we prefer...
Any other county and area in that county you can think of.

I'm pretty open.
Are you open to living near where your JOBS are?
That tends to work out best for most people.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:08 AM

Of course but I do not mind commuting a bit. I currently work in Ellicott City but I'm looking at other jobs. I'm not sure where my brother will work later this year and my friend is starting a new job in PG County in the fall. I honestly don't mind commuting if it's worth it. If my other friend stays, he also works in Ellicott City but drives over an hour to work..

Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
I currently work in Ellicott City but..
If my other friend stays, he also works in Ellicott City but...
I'm not sure where my brother will work later this year
seems pretty clear from here

Old 04-12-2015, 06:14 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,445 times
Didn't you start a thread not long ago asking this same question? Just seems very familiar. Anyway, your budget will be a deciding factor in your choice.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:54 AM

I sorta did but the question from a other thread was actually asking why Ellicott City was one if the wealthiest places to live but users thought I wanted to live there, so I went with it a bit. Now this question is entirely about me moving. I should have just added this question to the other thread, I apologize..

Budget for now $2,500.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:20 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,301,876 times
We live in EC. We like it. Lots of shopping, recreation, and entertainment choices. Close enough to BWI, but not too close. Easy access to major highways, all directions.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:08 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,445 times
Quote:
I sorta did but the question from a other thread was actually asking why Ellicott City was one if the wealthiest places to live but users thought I wanted to live there, so I went with it a bit. Now this question is entirely about me moving. I should have just added this question to the other thread, I apologize..

Budget for now $2,500.
Okay, thought so There are so many nice areas; just depends on what you are looking for. Do you want to be near shopping, restaurants, ect? Or is something a little more quite your goal? If your one friend is going to be working in PG county and you are working in Ellicott City, then living in Howard County or Anne Arundel County near Fort Meade would work for you all. Nice rentals are competitive, limited and go quickly so keep your options open and be flexible to the areas.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:21 PM

Thanks!I I would like to be close to shopping, no more than 8 miles. Better in walkable distance but I'm keeping my options open.
I have one more question. How is the Cockeysville area?

Old 04-21-2015, 03:20 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameme View Post
How is the Cockeysville area?
It's a very nice area will good shopping, but it is a very long drive from Howard or Prince George County if you are working there. Check Google maps for distances and routes. I would not want to drive the Baltimore Beltway every day.

Last edited by goldenage1; 04-21-2015 at 04:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland