Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,543 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how many houses are in ocean pines and a break down of how many are in north vs. The south.and is the south side bigger Than the north.thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 07:03 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
About Ocean Pines | Ocean Pines Association | Eastern Shore Residential Community

Ocean Pines, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-08-2015, 07:39 AM

789 posts, read 1,094,928 times
There really isn't much of a distinction of north vs. south as much as there is canal vs. forest. Take a drive down Ocean Parkway and you'll see what I mean.

South Gate has more traffic and shops, but also the Library and Post Office, while North Gate is not as busy and has schools, parks and golf courses.

There are a LOT of houses. I'd say it's about 20% actual residents, 25% retirees, 50% vacation houses and 5% vacant/crack houses. Any other questions?

Old 05-09-2015, 06:20 AM

165 posts, read 232,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
There really isn't much of a distinction of north vs. south as much as there is canal vs. forest. Take a drive down Ocean Parkway and you'll see what I mean.

South Gate has more traffic and shops, but also the Library and Post Office, while North Gate is not as busy and has schools, parks and golf courses.

There are a LOT of houses. I'd say it's about 20% actual residents, 25% retirees, 50% vacation houses and 5% vacant/crack houses. Any other questions?
Crack houses in Ocean Pines?

Old 05-11-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahodor View Post
Crack houses in Ocean Pines?
You'd be surprised. Maybe not crack, but def heroin and pills. That's what is big around here anyways.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:44 AM

165 posts, read 232,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
You'd be surprised. Maybe not crack, but def heroin and pills. That's what is big around here anyways.
I figured Ocean Pines was more of a Prozac crowd.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:58 AM

3,700 posts, read 4,843,692 times
Actually, ocean pines is pretty surprising in the amount of permanent residents. Get caught behind a school bus in the morning or afternoon and it becomes clear that OP is no longer a retirement/second home community like it was 20 years ago. It has actually morphed into it's own year round town. It even has separate communities so whether your budget is 150,000 or 1,000,000 you can find a place.

As far as crack houses, heroin and pills? Ocean Pines probably has less of that then most other places. But the reality is is that there can be people like that anywhere. One thing for certain here is that that kind of crowd probably can't keep up with rent for very long so when their leases come up they move out and another group/family/couple takes there place. Kind of like the several families that rented across from me before. They had to move on.

I just can't figure why it is still part of Berlin. It has 2 fire stations, police station, a post office, a library and plenty of stores and restaurants and the HOA is pretty much like town taxes to Ocean Pines so I fail to see any benefit being part of Berlin. Or perhaps it's just old zoning as Berlin actually covers a very large area.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
I just can't figure why it is still part of Berlin. It has 2 fire stations, police station, a post office, a library and plenty of stores and restaurants and the HOA is pretty much like town taxes to Ocean Pines so I fail to see any benefit being part of Berlin. Or perhaps it's just old zoning as Berlin actually covers a very large area.
Just a Berlin zip code. Kinda like living in West OC with an Ocean City address.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:19 PM

And in case you think I wasn't kidding about random weirdos and bad drugs in OP, here ya go:

Largest seizure of heroin in recent history made in Ocean Pines MD | OceanCity.com

Old 05-11-2015, 08:33 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,843,692 times
Like I said, that can go on anywhere! Glad he was caught!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland