U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 PM

13 posts, read 16,271 times

Advertisements

is horrible, and is making me really reconsider moving here. I just got back from interviewing with a company in DC and I must say the commute times here are CRAZY!! I'm presently living in philly, and traffic ain't nothin' like what's going on in the district. I took the beltway from gallows rd to silver spring and it took me 40-50mins just to get from I-66 to past I-270. Tell me this isn't what I'll have to go through everyday. If so I just may stay here in philadelphia. Yes the money is good, but the cost of living and TRAFFIC is not worth it. Another question with so many people on Metro; why all the cars? Overall I like DC, but I'm truly not feeling the commuting aspect of living in the dc area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2006, 07:34 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,383,300 times
I hate to say it, but its like that everyday. Traffic is horrible. I drive from Springfield to the Legion Bridge twice a day, every day. Its about a 30 min ride, just that part of my commute. Over an hour total. My fault for living where I live and working where I work. But, with the cost of housing, I live where I live. Plus, my husband and I work about 190 degrees apart on the beltway (Bethesda/Alexandria). What can you do?

As for Metro, it works for some folk. Unfortunatly, its designed for subburb to city commute, when most folks commute subburb to subburb. Its about 70 minutes in the car for me, but to take metro, it would be 60 minutes, plus drive to metro, park, wait for transfers, walk to office, pay $4/day to park, $6/day for metro.

I only have 14 more commuting day is this place! Then I move up your direction, between Baltimore and Delware. yay!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
>