Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 10:49 AM

10 posts, read 22,085 times

Advertisements

I really like the area of Gambrills/Waugh Chapel. The newer retail, etc. is exciting. In regards to homes and living, can anyone speak to the cultural diversity there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 12:06 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyum90 View Post
I really like the area of Gambrills/Waugh Chapel. The newer retail, etc. is exciting. In regards to homes and living, can anyone speak to the cultural diversity there?
The best way to find this information is to look up the school demographics. That area feeds into Arundel High School. If you go to GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community and search under student info, I believe, you can see the demographic breakdown of the school. For specific neighborhoods, focus on the report for the elementary schools.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:04 AM

789 posts, read 1,095,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmeck View Post
The best way to find this information is to look up the school demographics. That area feeds into Arundel High School. If you go to GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community and search under student info, I believe, you can see the demographic breakdown of the school. For specific neighborhoods, focus on the report for the elementary schools.
This can be misleading, since you don't know how many kids attend private schools, and a misrepresentation of the community, as not every resident has a child of school-age.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
This can be misleading, since you don't know how many kids attend private schools, and a misrepresentation of the community, as not every resident has a child of school-age.
Absolutely not an exact science but it is a good glimpse into a community.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:59 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
You can also look at Census numbers.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:13 PM

106 posts, read 300,821 times
I know this is an old thread, but I have really been looking into the new developments in the Waugh Chapel area. Anyone have any additional information on the new townhome developments in that area?

Old 06-24-2019, 02:32 PM

123 posts, read 203,464 times
Call Anne Arundel County Office of Planning and Zoning & speak to the Planner of the Day (410-222-7710). They should be able to give you info on new developments or ones coming on line shortly in the Waugh Chapel area.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:36 AM

34 posts, read 32,397 times
That area is one of the more diverse suburbs of Annapolis, but it is still predominately white. All the towns in the Annapolis area have been becoming more diverse in the last 5 years, but they still remain predominantly white. Arundel High School was like 65-70% white just 6 years ago. Today, it is only 53% white, due to an increase of Asian and Hispanic students. South River and Broadneck High Schools have also went from 84% white to 78% white. If you want true cultural diversity, I highly recommend areas in howard county like Columbia and Ellicott City. They are extremely diverse areas with good retail shopping like Crofton/Gambrills.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:02 PM

106 posts, read 300,821 times
Thanks for all of the responses. I'm somewhat familiar with the area as I tend to do my shopping there. I'm interested in one of the new townhome developments being built near the Waugh Chapel shopping centers. I did get out this weekend to check out the areas and the various developments that are coming up. Definitely seems like prices have gone up substantially from 5 plus years ago.

FWIW I toured several model homes and I'm thinking of purchasing in the Summerfield development by Lennar Homes. Anyone here have any first hand experience with homes built by them? I know they are one of many (Ryan Homes, KHov,) mass builders in the area. If you have had a good or bad experience with Lennar Home I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

Old 12-01-2021, 09:03 AM

59 posts, read 44,574 times
Gambrills and Odenton are quite diverse if that’s what you’re looking for. Definitely a nice mix of ethnicities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland