Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:48 PM

147 posts, read 156,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
I can't tell you how many times I have been sitting at a red light in Baltgimore in the left turn lane and the car behind me is flashing their lights and blowing their horn to get me to go through the light. How can you talk about common sense when it comes to people who have no sense.
Well, of course a lot people do not have common sense. Your example proves they're are *******s..Everywhere. Its life. Its happened to me and many others.

People can't share their opinions or experiences without being attached on a forum..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 02:09 PM

833 posts, read 521,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameme234 View Post
I have been noticing in the last few years, from southern Maryland through DC, Baltimore and the North, that police let people speed. I commute on 210, 495, 95 south and north, 695, 70, route 40 and other highways. Recently I have noticed that people who hardly speed get pulled over; its happened right in front of me. Usually when I drive on the beltways, people go at least 70mph, which is 15 over and still too slow.

I usually try not to speed, but lately I have to keep up with the traffic, but that can still be too slow.. I used to speed a lot, 80+ on the beltways, but I've been trying not too, but its difficult when everyone is passing you even if your going 15+ in the slow lane. It honestly feels safer to speed then drive 55mph, which hardly anyone does.

I've seen someone go about 63mph on 695 get pulled over (I was going 60mph). A week ago I saw someone get pulled over going about 52 on 40 in Ellicott city (I was going about 49 mph). Usually people go 65. I have even gone 70.

On 210 I see people go 75+ often. There was even a police interceptor who cars were speeding around. I have noticed a ton of police speeding just to speed..

On 495, a PG county cop was going at least 80 with two cars following them, one beside the cop and one behind.

I'm just wondering if they care less about people speeding 20+ over the speed limit compared to those who go under 10 miles over the speed limit.

I have nothing against people who speed, just the ones who are not good at it. Also nothing against the police. I'm sure they get speeders, just sharing what I've noticed.

I've been speeding a bit again because I don't see a point in driving the speed limit.
I actually got pulled over for going too slow on the 495 Beltway. At least that was his second excuse for pulling me over for initially telling me he pulled me over for driving between two buses. WTF? I didn't get a citation. I pulled away as clueless as he was about that whole situation LOL

Old 03-30-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
I actually got pulled over for going too slow on the 495 Beltway. At least that was his second excuse for pulling me over for initially telling me he pulled me over for driving between two buses. WTF? I didn't get a citation. I pulled away as clueless as he was about that whole situation LOL
lol. Interesting.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:11 PM

299 posts, read 557,250 times
Most of my experience is driving from Frederick County to parts of MoCo and back, with the occasional trip out I-70 to Baltimore.

What I've noticed is that during rush hour, the police really like to run up and down I-270, mostly looking to pull over people for the 1,2 combo of speeding AND driving in the HOV lane with only one person in the vehicle.

In the morning, on I-270 southbound, I'm most likely to encounter law enforcement as I reach Germantown, and again between exits for Rockville and Montgomery Village. There's usually a patrol car sitting in a little "pull off" area just before the Bethesda exit too (but more often shooting radar at northbound traffic, from that spot).

I've definitely seen a lot of situations where the cops on 270 are exceeding the speed limit though -- and you'll even see a whole trail of cars following along behind them once they realize they're not going to get pulled over for it.

On the way to or from Baltimore - I typically encounter a cop on the shoulder shooting radar at least once or twice along the route.

So IMO, they're still around enforcing speed limits - but definitely in a hypocritical, random way. The cops speed just as much as the general public does, and they only seem to care when they're in the position to care.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw71 View Post
Most of my experience is driving from Frederick County to parts of MoCo and back, with the occasional trip out I-70 to Baltimore.

What I've noticed is that during rush hour, the police really like to run up and down I-270, mostly looking to pull over people for the 1,2 combo of speeding AND driving in the HOV lane with only one person in the vehicle.

In the morning, on I-270 southbound, I'm most likely to encounter law enforcement as I reach Germantown, and again between exits for Rockville and Montgomery Village. There's usually a patrol car sitting in a little "pull off" area just before the Bethesda exit too (but more often shooting radar at northbound traffic, from that spot).

I've definitely seen a lot of situations where the cops on 270 are exceeding the speed limit though -- and you'll even see a whole trail of cars following along behind them once they realize they're not going to get pulled over for it.

On the way to or from Baltimore - I typically encounter a cop on the shoulder shooting radar at least once or twice along the route.

So IMO, they're still around enforcing speed limits - but definitely in a hypocritical, random way. The cops speed just as much as the general public does, and they only seem to care when they're in the position to care.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:20 PM

675 posts, read 724,127 times
Quote:
I thought people already were aware of this? So they are enforcing common sense as a law?
I think the worst thing I saw was when someone enter the belt way then went 4 lanes over and slammed on his brakes causing the car in that lane to hit him.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:23 PM

675 posts, read 724,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Do we actually have police in Maryland ? The only police I ever see is in Howard County and I live in Baltimore City.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:50 PM

354 posts, read 785,472 times
Quote:

On 495, a PG county cop was going at least 80 with two cars following them, one beside the cop and one behind.

PG Police dont patrol speeding on 495. They leave that duty to the State Troopers.
they usually wont pull you over unless you doing something completey wreckless like obvious drunk driving

Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 PM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2PG View Post
PG Police dont patrol speeding on 495. They leave that duty to the State Troopers.
they usually wont pull you over unless you doing something completey wreckless like obvious drunk driving
Drunk driving is reckless, not wreckless. Whenever I see PG cops on 495, they're way over in the left lane going fast!

Old 04-24-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
I think the worst thing I saw was when someone enter the belt way then went 4 lanes over and slammed on his brakes causing the car in that lane to hit him.
Ah, okay. That is rather stupid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland