Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 11:47 AM

19 posts, read 15,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2paisley View Post
That's not a city. "Quaint" streets more conducive to wrecks than a pleasant drive. Not enough parking. The "city" lies about parking being free, then collects hundreds of tickets during the Holiday season. Cyclists act like they own the narrow streets. Overpriced "merchants" on Main Street support the parking bait-and-switch. Driving on Rt 40 anytime of day or night is horrible not to mention all the Asians who can't drive. They tend to stop right on Rt 40 in heavy busy traffic and cause lots of accidents. Plus other drivers who seem to be on their cell phones all the time.
Taxes are high as well as the home market. People are rude and seem privileged. They spend millions of dollars on libraries then on public safety and roads and bridges. Commuting on Rt29, Rt100 gets worse everyday.
"Driving on Rt 40 anytime of day or night is horrible not to mention all the Asians who can't drive."

Route 1 Laurel is a lot worse. In general driving conditions and otherwise. The core of the corridor is bad in that way overall.

I love the rest of Laurel though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 04:55 PM

104 posts, read 148,369 times
Why pick on Elliott City? It's not very different from the other more or less pretentious little bergs that exist in every region of the country. I hope you critical posters have all traveled extensively around the USA and visited the artsy tourist towns and villages that pop up where ever there is an affluent population. People with big bucks and a little knowledge of food and wine want hotsy-totsy bistros, not bars, pubs, not taverns, Thai, Indian, Szechuan, and other ethnic "cuisines". And why not, if it's their thing? Consider California, Oregon and Washington. They are replete with such towns having Victorian architecture, quaint B&Bs, specialty cafes, art galleries, etc. I enjoy a Mom & Pop diner or cafe where I can get down-home meals. If you ever get to New Bern, NC get breakfast at The Country Biscuit on Broad Street. Fried Squash and Tenderloin--yum! To bad such places are becoming rare. I also like a good Thai chicken curry. My point? When we travel or choose a place to live we are fortunate to have a very wide variety of possibilities and I think this is a good thing. I don't know about the parking issue in Ellicott. That borders on evil.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:49 PM

293 posts, read 191,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post
umm, no its not ! lol I go there all the time. Some of the people are very nice though. Its hilly, bleak, and dreary. That's why some many from there are here !
I think Pittsburgh has the furries. I feel furries are cool. Of course there are stranger things out there.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:01 AM

182 posts, read 247,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrichard View Post
Why pick on Elliott City? It's not very different from the other more or less pretentious little bergs that exist in every region of the country. I hope you critical posters have all traveled extensively around the USA and visited the artsy tourist towns and villages that pop up where ever there is an affluent population. People with big bucks and a little knowledge of food and wine want hotsy-totsy bistros, not bars, pubs, not taverns, Thai, Indian, Szechuan, and other ethnic "cuisines". And why not, if it's their thing? Consider California, Oregon and Washington. They are replete with such towns having Victorian architecture, quaint B&Bs, specialty cafes, art galleries, etc. I enjoy a Mom & Pop diner or cafe where I can get down-home meals. If you ever get to New Bern, NC get breakfast at The Country Biscuit on Broad Street. Fried Squash and Tenderloin--yum! To bad such places are becoming rare. I also like a good Thai chicken curry. My point? When we travel or choose a place to live we are fortunate to have a very wide variety of possibilities and I think this is a good thing. I don't know about the parking issue in Ellicott. That borders on evil.
They make comments like this for a few reasons: having sht lives to live, being semi or fully mentally challenged (retards), bi-polar , or a combination of all the above. If you look at it like that, then you can just shake your head and move on. I find most are fairly stupid too (that complain like this.) and aren't very rounded in life. They think life is best when eating out at a place like Shoneys in Union Town PA, playing the Lottery, and drinking the cheapest can beer they can find.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
They make comments like this for a few reasons: having sht lives to live, being semi or fully mentally challenged (retards), bi-polar , or a combination of all the above. If you look at it like that, then you can just shake your head and move on. I find most are fairly stupid too (that complain like this.) and aren't very rounded in life. They think life is best when eating out at a place like Shoneys in Union Town PA, playing the Lottery, and drinking the cheapest can beer they can find.
That is really ablist of you to use that term

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9DE8qjETpk

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/rache...b_5476271.html

Last edited by axelthefox; 07-27-2018 at 02:05 PM..

Old 07-27-2018, 04:42 PM

789 posts, read 1,094,928 times
This dumb infographic is insanely retarded.

Mad House.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:00 PM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times
One of the funniest lines I've seen in a movie is when Matt Dillon was trying to impress Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary when he said he really likes working with retards.

It was funny because everyone understands how dated and inappropriate that word is. Well almost everyone.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
This dumb infographic is insanely retarded.

Mad House.
Isn't that term offensive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdx95EnWkms

I have seen some image macros comparing the word to the n word and a offensive slur for Hispanics.

Offensive language shouldn't be allowed.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:39 AM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
I'm going to report you to the spelling and punctuation police.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:00 AM

19 posts, read 15,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrichard View Post
I've never found it to be pretentious. Some of Columbia can be pretentious.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland