Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 07:08 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,963,265 times

Advertisements

I can't bike through snow. It's pretty, but it's a pain.

if people cycled all the time, or road a bike more than a mile (People don't even do that unless they are in the city) they would know how much of a pain snow is, and how miserable summer is.
Summer is the season of sweaty but no matter what kind of seat you use. And then all the asphalt being pounded but that high sun angle, heat from car engines everywhere, no tree bike paths, the sidewalk, or the street are your only options (No, it is not illegal to ride on the sidewalk around here) really makes summer terrible.
Although I rarely see anybody on a bike when I do they are on some $2000 road bike, in the street, and the streets are in such poor condition I don't know how they ride that kind of bike on these god awful roads.

Okay, sorry about the somewhat off topic rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 01:35 PM

Today, warm, but not bad. The clouds are keeping it a tad cooler as well as dewpoints mostly in the upper 50's. If summer were like today I wouldn't complain. We are right at the edge of comfort today, but still very comfortable.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Like most of the Mid-Atlantic, Maryland has crap weather.

Wet, dreary Winters.
Hot and brutally humid Summers
Spring is nice but fleeting.
Same with Fall.

You asked.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:31 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
I live near Annapolis and I think we nice mix of seasons. I understand the weather is not the same across the state so I'm basing my opinion on my area. No season is too long or brutal like other places.

" How would you rate Maryland Weather?"

Can change every day.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:56 PM

28 posts, read 22,507 times
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the weather here but I know it could definitely be worse. Its also a matter of opinion of course and many people who live here love it. I'm in Southern Maryland and we definitely get all four seasons. The winter's here can be brutal, very cold with snow though I know it gets much worse in Western Maryland. The summer's are very hot and extremely humid, though having lived in the South I know the summer's can also be much worse lol. I think fall and spring here are the most lovely times of the year. I think April-June and September-November are the nicest but overall. I think Maryland is unique in that we get the "worst" of the weather in that our winters can be very cold, grey, and snowy and our summer's can be very hot, humid, and wet. However, I know the winters elsewhere are far worse and so are the summer's, I just we do get hit pretty hard during those seasons but that's just my opinion. I understand if some roll their eyes at my "worst weather" claim. I really am a wimp when it comes to the cold weather!

Old 04-22-2019, 07:00 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,371 times
It’s all perspective. I’ve lived much further South so the humidity is much more bearable. I’ve lived in Seattle...much less rainy days. I currently live in Western PA and I rejoice every time we visit my son in Southern MD. Sunshine, mild winters, sunshine, and sunshine. We are moving back there in a few months and can’t wait.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
It’s all perspective. I’ve lived much further South so the humidity is much more bearable. I’ve lived in Seattle...much less rainy days. I currently live in Western PA and I rejoice every time we visit my son in Southern MD. Sunshine, mild winters, sunshine, and sunshine. We are moving back there in a few months and can’t wait.
Western PA is nice in the Summer. Rough in the Winter.......

Today is really nice in northern central Baltimore County. Just about perfect.

My preference is barely 70 for a high. No warmer than 70, no colder than 50 degrees is my sweet spot.

Although the Pacific Northwest has it's rainy season in certain places the weather there can be quite nice.

No, Seattle does not have more annual rainfall than Baltimore. It happens mostly in late Fall, and winter so it seems like it rains more.

My former neighbor moved to Whidbey Island with here boyfriend. Beautiful place. There are micro climates on different parts of the island..........

Old 04-23-2019, 04:36 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Western PA is nice in the Summer. Rough in the Winter.......

Today is really nice in northern central Baltimore County. Just about perfect.

My preference is barely 70 for a high. No warmer than 70, no colder than 50 degrees is my sweet spot.

Although the Pacific Northwest has it's rainy season in certain places the weather there can be quite nice.

No, Seattle does not have more annual rainfall than Baltimore. It happens mostly in late Fall, and winter so it seems like it rains more.

My former neighbor moved to Whidbey Island with here boyfriend. Beautiful place. There are micro climates on different parts of the island..........

Western PA iS WAY too cloudy and overcast all year including Summer. I was able to tolerate it first 9 years here but the last 3-4 have gotten to me. And I didn’t say annual rainfall for Seattle. Rainy misty days, although frequent, are not as measurable as rain in many places. I did live there so it not a guess. I loved the milder winters and summers although more like fall were great too. Beauty of the area is hard to beat though.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,951,123 times
I recall a thread on the weather forum where they graded each month. Generally speaking, I'd say that southern Maryland is best in the winter but worst in the summer, but with the best spring weather, while the mountains and the beaches as you might expect have the best summer weather. Fall tends to be the best season overall across the board, with fewer thunderstorms and rainy days compared to the spring/summer, the most agreeable temperatures, and the greatest number of clear days. I didn't give any F's outside of western Maryland winters, since while summers can be hot at times across most of the state, there are usually cool fronts that bring periods of relief unlike the persistent heat/humidity that is common in the deep south, where I would indeed rate their summer months with F's. Conversely, with the exception of some Januaries, there is almost always a thaw where temperatures reach 60 degrees in each winter month, which means that winters aren't all that bad outside of a few short episodes of cold/snow. Note that this is an average rating, some years may be unusually wet or warm/cold, which could perceive the month to be worse off. I'd say for central Maryland so far in 2019, I'd give January a D (typical cold/snow), February a D (slightly milder than normal but cloudier and wetter than normal), March a C (typical early spring variability), and this April a B+ (dry and mild, but a little too cloudier than normal for an A).

Western Maryland (Clear Spring and west):

January: F (unless if you like skiing)
February: F (great skiing conditions though if it isn't too warm)
March: C- (They DO have a bit of a mud season like they have in New England, but it isn't as bad)
April: B-
May: B+
June: A-
July: B
August: B
September: A
October: B
November: D
December: F

Northern Maryland (north of US 40 except for Baltimore city and county inside the Beltway):

January: D-
February: D
March: C
April: B
May: A-
June: B
July: C
August: B-
October: A-
November: C-
December: D

Central Maryland and the Upper Eastern Shore (including all of Baltimore city):

January: D
March: C
April: B+
May: A-
June: C
July: D
August: C
September: A-
October: A
November: C

Southern Maryland and the Lower Eastern Shore (except along the immediate coastline):

February: C-
March: C+
April: A-
May: B
June: C
July: D-
August: D
September: B+
October: A
November: C+
December: C-

Immediate bay shore and ocean:

March: C-
April: B-
May: B+
June: A
July: B
August: B-
October: B+
November: C

Old 04-23-2019, 10:29 AM

Lot of A's for September......I would give September a C. June, July, and August all B's or better? Must be people that go from the air conditioned car, to the air conditioned office, back to the car and then the pool. Summer is just plain awful.

How many people do anything outside that requires movement beyond a slow walk like summer. The elderly, and people that don't move much. And that work in a controlled environment.

With the exception of really cold well below normal temperatures, and deep snow, of which neither are constant, I really don't mind Winter. Winter 2017-18 was rough. Most of that was late December, early January. It did settle down after that. I did not have a problem with this past Winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland