Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 10:55 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Quick Enough didn't say what state he went to.

I will say many parts of Maryland have become expensive enough that many will have to leave. And this is not unique to Maryland.
"Quick Enough didn't say what state he went to." NC, have heard and believe in. "I wish I coulda', shoulda' woulda' moved here SOONER"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I hate to sound defensive but I am getting very tired of posters on the Maryland board posting how horrible our state is. I think anyone from any state would feel this way.
"I hate to sound defensive but I am getting very tired of posters on the Maryland board posting how horrible our state is" So, you don't think people should have the RIGHT to say what they believe!

You MUST be LIBERAL!

Old 08-24-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Again why do you feel the need to visit a state board populated by residents of the state and post this stuff? That's just rude.
The TITLE is " I miss Maryland" MANY of us do NOT. If you can't handle a difference of opinion, you should NOT be on this site.

" That's just rude" What is RUDE is YOU attacking those of us who don't happen to believe as you do and trying to get us to STOP stating OUR opinions!

Old 08-24-2019, 02:18 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The TITLE is " I miss Maryland" MANY of us do NOT. If you can't handle a difference of opinion, you should NOT be on this site.

" That's just rude" What is RUDE is YOU attacking those of us who don't happen to believe as you do and trying to get us to STOP stating OUR opinions!
All of this has been discussed. You are a day late and a dollar short of contributing anything of value other than flaming people who wish for this board to be more civil..........like other state discussion boards here at city-data.com

Most people don't waste their time using anonymous avatars to spew negativity towards others, and the places they live. Calling out such posts has nothing to with denying you your rights as a poster here. Everyone is expressing an opinion. Many of us find the constant, pointless negativity to be annoying and uncalled for and wish you would just knock it off. We lose good posters in our forum because of the unchecked negativity. We have to police ourselves to try and prevent that.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
All of this has been discussed. You are a day late and a dollar short of contributing anything of value other than flaming people who wish for this board to be more civil..........like other state discussion boards here at city-data.com

Most people don't waste their time using anonymous avatars to spew negativity towards others, and the places they live. Calling out such posts has nothing to with denying you your rights as a poster here. Everyone is expressing an opinion. Many of us find the constant, pointless negativity to be annoying and uncalled for and wish you would just knock it off. We lose good posters in our forum because of the unchecked negativity. We have to police ourselves to try and prevent that.
Many of us find the constant, pointless negativity to be annoying and uncalled for and wish you would just knock it off."
You DON'T run this site. If we have an opinion it is our RIGHT to be able to express it. Sorry if you don't like it.

When someone calls me "rude" or attacks me in any way with insults, I WILL respond. You included

This thread is about "missing MD", pro OR con.

You can always put us in ignore and you little feelings will not be hurt.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:31 AM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many of us find the constant, pointless negativity to be annoying and uncalled for and wish you would just knock it off."
You DON'T run this site. If we have an opinion it is our RIGHT to be able to express it. Sorry if you don't like it.

When someone calls me "rude" or attacks me in any way with insults, I WILL respond. You included

This thread is about "missing MD", pro OR con.

You can always put us in ignore and you little feelings will not be hurt.
Whoever moderates this board doesn't care to remove very much. People like you take advantage of that, this crap isn't tolerated on other state discussion boards here at City-data.

We can go back and forth all day, it doesn't matter to me. I am not sure what you think you are accomplishing other than repetitively whining about your "right" to make low information, low value posts here.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:55 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
I see Quick Enough felt the need to return to respond to posts from 2 months ago. LOL that this thread continues to be a train wreck and we know where to point the finger.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:17 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Whoever moderates this board doesn't care to remove very much. People like you take advantage of that, this crap isn't tolerated on other state discussion boards here at City-data.

We can go back and forth all day, it doesn't matter to me. I am not sure what you think you are accomplishing other than repetitively whining about your "right" to make low information, low value posts here.
Sounds like half of social media in general.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:05 AM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times
I can't explain why, but I feel like I would deeply regret it if I moved out of Maryland.

That is why I stay.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:32 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
I am on the way home from Michigan now, the demographics are very similar to Mt Airy. I don't consider that a positive. Unlike some here I didn't seek out an area where everyone looks like me, it just happened to be the makeup of the area we chose for it's beauty and affordability. But I miss the diversity you find in other parts of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland