Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 PM

11 posts, read 75,787 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I need your help. I'm an exchange student and will fly to MD for 4 months in Work and Travel programs. I've chosen my job in Riviera Beach, MD. But have not much information about this area. I just want a calm place with sea view and with beachs, then I like to be in silent community, and good jobs and find out friends and communicate to people I'm just interested in;
1) How is there , the cost of living?
2) Are hous rents low, medium or high
3) is there good working conditions provided
4) Is there something to visit, and have fun?

I'll be very glad if u can help me. Thank you very much in advance !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 02:58 PM

69 posts, read 400,718 times
Riviera Beach is a very small community in Pasadena, Md. Where are you coming from? There are some beaches, but the water is filthy and the beaches are usually closed because of fecal matter. There are a lot of gangs in Pasadena and you have to be careful in some areas. The pay scale is okay, but the rents are usually high because of the new golf course. A nice apartment is hard to find, and if it is clean and quiet, the rent will be high. How much is high in rent to you? There are no buses after a certain point in Pasadena, and there are no buses in Riviera Beach -- you either drive, walk or take a taxi. Where are you going there?

Old 04-21-2008, 03:15 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,850 times
Riviera Beach, FL is one of the most crime ridden cities in the state. Hopefully the Maryland equivalent is much safer.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 PM

11 posts, read 75,787 times
Dear midge2914, thank you for giving information. I'm coming from Azerbaijan, Eastern Europe. I'm said it's different city near Pasadena. I'll work there in Royal Farms during summer vacations. Is there many gangs in Riviera Beach, MD too? Or it's safer? My rent per week will be 75$. I think I'll buy a bike for myself. But is it really difficult to live there? How do u think is it better to change my location or go to Riviera Beach? Plz give me information. I need it. Thank you in advance

Old 05-01-2008, 07:49 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elshad View Post
Dear midge2914, thank you for giving information. I'm coming from Azerbaijan, Eastern Europe. I'm said it's different city near Pasadena. I'll work there in Royal Farms during summer vacations. Is there many gangs in Riviera Beach, MD too? Or it's safer? My rent per week will be 75$. I think I'll buy a bike for myself. But is it really difficult to live there? How do u think is it better to change my location or go to Riviera Beach? Plz give me information. I need it. Thank you in advance
I'd take the first poster's post with a 'grain of salt'. Riviera Beach is not like that. For your information, Riviera Beach is part of Pasadena, even though it has its own name on the map. Just like how Armiger is also part of Pasadena, but has its name on the map.

And yes, Pasadena does have a crime problem in some locations, but what is considered 'Pasadena' is a very large area. A lot of Pasadena is nice.

If you are looking to work at the Royal Farms on Ft. Smallwood Road, there are a few 'inexpensive' places to rent (finished garages, boarding rooms, etc.) nearby, but you'd be limited to boarding with other people with a rent limit of $300 a month.

Some suggestions would be rentals within Elizabeth's Landing (often, several people will rent a townhouse together), or a room/finished garage/finished basement in the Bar Harbor or Sunset Beach communities. They are all within an easy bike ride/walk to the Royal Farm Store.

I wish you luck.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:19 PM

35 posts, read 174,953 times
Riviera Beach is safe to live. There are a lot of elderly people that live in Riviera Beach or families with small kids. I teach 1st grade right by there. You would be safe walking to Royal Farms. There is just not a lot of twentysomethings living there unless they still live with their parents. Don't worry, you will be safe living there this summer.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 PM

7 posts, read 45,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midge2914 View Post
Riviera Beach is a very small community in Pasadena, Md. Where are you coming from? There are some beaches, but the water is filthy and the beaches are usually closed because of fecal matter. There are a lot of gangs in Pasadena and you have to be careful in some areas. The pay scale is okay, but the rents are usually high because of the new golf course. A nice apartment is hard to find, and if it is clean and quiet, the rent will be high. How much is high in rent to you? There are no buses after a certain point in Pasadena, and there are no buses in Riviera Beach -- you either drive, walk or take a taxi. Where are you going there?
the bus comes every morning and every evening....

Old 08-08-2008, 04:22 PM

137 posts, read 575,576 times
Welcome to America! Don't worry about Rivera Beach. I live about a mile away down Ft. Smallwood Rd. It's a safe place to live, but like anywhere else in any town, there are some criminals around. Just use your common sense.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 9,846 times
how are the schools in the area? We are looking to relocate to Maryland and my friend suggested Anne Arundel county area...

Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 AM

407 posts, read 1,263,486 times
AA County is a great area, specifically Annapolis. I am not sure about the schools. The teachers I know all seem to like them so, you might check the national scores to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland