Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 10:17 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times

Advertisements

Probably the most ludicrous measure as of yet implemented:

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/47251...t-coronavirus/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 04:22 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
But this is nothing new, a smoker who dies of a heart attack is listed as a smoking death. As COVID is the main reason that person with asthma or diabetes died it's completely correct to list it as a COVID death.

As for Calvert County it reminds me of the gas lines where they did odd/even with tag numbers. We adapted then, we can do it now. We all know the dangers of crowds in stores and this sounds like a workable solution. People certainly can be inconvenienced a bit if it means lives are saved, not sure how that is debatable. Just plan ahead as most of us have been doing for nearly a month now.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
But this is nothing new, a smoker who dies of a heart attack is listed as a smoking death. As COVID is the main reason that person with asthma or diabetes died it's completely correct to list it as a COVID death.

As for Calvert County it reminds me of the gas lines where they did odd/even with tag numbers. We adapted then, we can do it now. We all know the dangers of crowds in stores and this sounds like a workable solution. People certainly can be inconvenienced a bit if it means lives are saved, not sure how that is debatable. Just plan ahead as most of us have been doing for nearly a month now.
The Calvert measure has been walked back. And no, we didn't adapt to the odd/even gas days. Not really. The lemmings down here might have but where I was at the time there were no gas lines or shortages.

As a note, once yesterday announcement broke the stores here were inundated. I was planning on shopping today, Thursday is my regular day, but I don't know whether it's even worthwhile since the stores were pretty much stripped bare yesterday afternoon.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:10 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The Calvert measure has been walked back. And no, we didn't adapt to the odd/even gas days. Not really. The lemmings down here might have but where I was at the time there were no gas lines or shortages.

As a note, once yesterday announcement broke the stores here were inundated. I was planning on shopping today, Thursday is my regular day, but I don't know whether it's even worthwhile since the stores were pretty much stripped bare yesterday afternoon.
If there were no gas lines in the 70's where you were you got incredibly lucky, not sure how that happened as they were everywhere. I was pumping gas during the 2nd one and before the odd even the lines were 25 cars, causing major wait times, traffic congestion and of course those big boats burned a ton of gas just getting through the line. So obviously it worked and people appreciated the shorter lines for obvious reasons, they simply adapted as we can do now. I remember in time of drought people could only water their gardens every other day, they did the odd number/even number with house numbers.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:20 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,213 times
last name shopping is ridiculous. If you look you see the counties with a high number of cases
also have a high number of illegal immigrants. Many illegals don't follow
social distancing rules or have real ids or use real names. The sanctuary city policy
in Maryland defeats last name shopping.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:50 AM

2,193 posts, read 2,688,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
last name shopping is ridiculous. If you look you see the counties with a high number of cases
also have a high number of illegal immigrants. Many illegals don't follow
social distancing rules or have real ids or use real names. The sanctuary city policy
in Maryland defeats last name shopping.
Lol. You are so right, papp. The unimplemented suggestion that people voluntarily limit their shopping to certain days was totally thwarted by Calvert County's massive immigrant population. Damn you Calvert County with all your fake name immigrants! Is there nothing the browns don't ruin?!?

Old 04-17-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
Lol. You are so right, papp. The unimplemented suggestion that people voluntarily limit their shopping to certain days was totally thwarted by Calvert County's massive immigrant population. Damn you Calvert County with all your fake name immigrants! Is there nothing the browns don't ruin?!?
Many us in here believe that people from Montgomery County should have to apply to move here, sort of a County based immigration policy. As it is now they can just drive down RTE 4 and there are absolutely no controls in place.

The Name day shopping got walked back really quickly. It was beyond irresponsible for the Health Department to float it out there. What happened, as I believe I mentioned upthread, is that the stores were inundated by shoppers and overwhelmed. The shelves were stripped, again, just when things were getting back to normal after three weeks. So empty shelves again with a supply chain that was just recovering.

Old 04-17-2020, 12:17 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,092,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Many us in here believe that people from Montgomery County should have to apply to move here, sort of a County based immigration policy. As it is now they can just drive down RTE 4 and there are absolutely no controls in place.

Hey, its your turn. We've had that problem in Frederick County for the last 30 years. About time they headed somewhere else! I wish we could put a quarantine station at the county line on I-270

Old 04-17-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Hey, its your turn. We've had that problem in Frederick County for the last 30 years. About time they headed somewhere else! I wish we could put a quarantine station at the county line on I-270
Yeah. The first wave here was from Prince George's, dropped the average IQ in both Counties, but most of the people from there didn't want to totally transform the County. That's changed.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:41 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,213 times
In October of 2014 then Montgomery County, MD Executive Ike Leggett implemented a County policy that restricted the Montgomery County Police Department from complying with Ice Detainer

FEBRUARY 2015
– Maryland School Systems Grapple with Influx of Central American Minors. Maryland received 3,301 minors by Sept. 30 — the sixth-most nationwide — and Montgomery and Prince George’s counties took in more than 2,000, U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement statistics show

NOVEMBER 2015 – In November of 2015, one year after County Executive Leggett implemented his policy, it was reported that MS 13 violence, recruitment, and activity was on the rise in Montgomery County.

MAY 2016

– Over this time period from around 2014 to to now, in Montgomery County, MD, the county saw a strain on county resources from the influx of illegal aliens. The Montgomery County Council pushed for a property tax increase to compensation for the rising government cost of illegals using programs and schools. (per Dan McHugh)

Caronavirus stats April 17, 2020

Howard 475 (10)1*

Kent 14 (1)

Montgomery 2,280 (63)15*

Prince George's 2,966 (77)10*

Just connect the dots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland