Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 05:32 PM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times

Advertisements

They're the most purple areas in one of the reddest counties in Maryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 07:50 AM

187 posts, read 364,021 times
Looks like Carroll voted 63% for Trump in 2016. So, maybe redder than much of MD, but not scorchingly red in actual terms.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:19 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,963,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Towson and the surrounding communities sound ideal for OP.
Yeah, but it's a DC Centric forum. They always are posting about Columbia, and anything between Baltimore, and DC.

Old 09-08-2020, 08:01 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,322,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Plus, conservative is all relative. Anyone who doesn't believe totally in the BLM narrative is conservative?

So you have a problem with black lives? That's all the BLM "movement" is. The riots are outside forces, from hardcore AntiFA (which isn't an actual organization, either) to actual white supremacists trying to make protestors look bad. But BLM is not rioting.

When you see BLM signs do you get red in the face? When you see breast cancer awareness shirts do you yell about how ALL cancers matter?

I can see people not wanting to subject themselves to the hate and racial crap that comes with living in a Trump-voting, conservative area these days. (and on the record, I was a Republican up until Trump took over the party. Hated that man since the '80s and he is in no way representative of the party values I held dear. How he's corrupted the party is beyond me...)

BTW, to North Beach Person, it's called the intolerance paradox. Sometimes, in order to preserve tolerance and civility and society, you HAVE to be intolerant of the bad bits. That's why we fought WWII, we were intolerant of Nazis. You HAVE to be intolerant of hate and ignorance in order to make the world better. If you're on the receiving end of that, you might want to reconsider your position. Racial bigotry and religious bigotry is not a valuable or defensible position to take.

Old 09-08-2020, 08:44 AM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
So you have a problem with black lives? That's all the BLM "movement" is. The riots are outside forces, from hardcore AntiFA (which isn't an actual organization, either) to actual white supremacists trying to make protestors look bad. But BLM is not rioting.

When you see BLM signs do you get red in the face? When you see breast cancer awareness shirts do you yell about how ALL cancers matter?

I can see people not wanting to subject themselves to the hate and racial crap that comes with living in a Trump-voting, conservative area these days. (and on the record, I was a Republican up until Trump took over the party. Hated that man since the '80s and he is in no way representative of the party values I held dear. How he's corrupted the party is beyond me...)

BTW, to North Beach Person, it's called the intolerance paradox. Sometimes, in order to preserve tolerance and civility and society, you HAVE to be intolerant of the bad bits. That's why we fought WWII, we were intolerant of Nazis. You HAVE to be intolerant of hate and ignorance in order to make the world better. If you're on the receiving end of that, you might want to reconsider your position. Racial bigotry and religious bigotry is not a valuable or defensible position to take.
Where have you seen this in Maryland. The only intolerant people I run into are so called Progressives. You know, like the OP, who couch their intolerance in nuance like "the wrong people are coming here", or retreat to their "exclusive" gated or patrolled communities.

You guys that are always running into people who insult you for not supporting Trump, or get yelled at by people in passing cars or whatever, sometimes amaze me and make me wonder where exactly you're going and what you're doing.

Something not noted earlier: Demographics of Kent Island
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
Queen Anne's County
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...land/AGE295219

Last edited by Yac; 09-09-2020 at 02:25 AM..

Old 09-08-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Where have you seen this in Maryland. The only intolerant people I run into are so called Progressives. You know, like the OP, who couch their intolerance in nuance like "the wrong people are coming here", or retreat to their "exclusive" gated or patrolled communities.

You guys that are always running into people who insult you for not supporting Trump, or get yelled at by people in passing cars or whatever, sometimes amaze me and make me wonder where exactly you're going and what you're doing.

Something not noted earlier: Demographics of Kent Island
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
Queen Anne's County
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...land/AGE295219
Anywhere......The Virus is fake to make Trump look bad, you read books and are educated so your a liberal, all reliable media sources are liberal, Fox is becoming to hard on trump......I can keep going.
I was biking on my normal route and two women were out with signs back in 2016 for Trump on York Road getting mouthy with people, and trying to start something with me because I completely ignored them. 45 minutes later they were gone, removed by the police?

Last edited by Yac; 09-09-2020 at 02:25 AM..

Old 09-09-2020, 03:00 AM

45,373 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Anywhere......The Virus is fake to make Trump look bad, you read books and are educated so your a liberal, all reliable media sources are liberal, Fox is becoming to hard on trump......I can keep going.
I was biking on my normal route and two women were out with signs back in 2016 for Trump on York Road getting mouthy with people, and trying to start something with me because I completely ignored them. 45 minutes later they were gone, removed by the police?
Oh bull****.

Just like the high school age BLM protesters we had at an intersection down here for a couple weeks. The Deputies pretty much left them alone and they went away.

My point in some of this is that you don't leave an area because it's "too conservative", "too liberal","too whatever" and move to an area with similar demographics/characteristics and expect anything different.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 09-09-2020 at 03:11 AM..

Old 09-09-2020, 02:38 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

I have family in Sykesville and friends in that area, too. Certainly Conservative but it is a place were you can see Trump and/or Bush stickers on a Prius.
In my neighborhood I see lots of Biden posters on lawns!

Old 09-10-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Oh bull****.

Just like the high school age BLM protesters we had at an intersection down here for a couple weeks. The Deputies pretty much left them alone and they went away.

My point in some of this is that you don't leave an area because it's "too conservative", "too liberal","too whatever" and move to an area with similar demographics/characteristics and expect anything different.
It's not bull sh*t. And it's a busy intersection at York an Seminary. And they were mouthy. They didn't go away, they were booted.

And ALL THE REST OF IT IS TRUE!

Old 09-10-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
In my neighborhood I see lots of Biden posters on lawns!
I have barely seen any in Cockeysville. For either candidate. This is a mixed area though. Plenty of so called conservatives. A little further south more blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland