Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 02:47 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,565,465 times

Advertisements

If I was forced to do it every day I'd experiment with routes other than 95/495.
97/50/301/4/495 is probably longer, but could be quicker. Either way, I'd hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 06:55 AM

125 posts, read 153,884 times
Steve i live in Oxon Hill. It's perfect for me, easy access to bike trails, running, oxon cove, alexandria, DC. I like that i can get on my bicycle and ride anywhere, ride to reagan and fly out. I never thought it was dangerous but there are always things that happen from being in a large metropolitan area. But oxon hill offers a great geographic position, higher up than alexandria. You can get riverside houses for less than a million too. People are nice in my neighboorhood, but they are not rich by any means. I bought a house in Oxon Hill because i was working in Alexandria and didn't want to pay a premium for living in alexandria and commuting via bicycle there was only 24 mins.

I think if you pick oxon hill i'd try and buy or rent south of the beltway. On oxon hill road and below near fort washington. There are pretty nice houses there and are fairly cheap.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:57 AM

125 posts, read 153,884 times
Also there is a bus now from the national harbor to kind street metro.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:39 PM

8 posts, read 5,644 times
So i moved out of baltimore to oxon and i have to say i think i made a big mistake.
It's the same crap it not worse.

Homeless people, crackheads and just overall low class people.
Also the women are the worse. Mostly overweight and just looking like trash.

I hate to say even baltimore was not this bad. Also there are no good places to eat or even shop. Even the city had some stuff downtown.

The worse part of oxon hill has to be the women tho. Even baltimore women look better.
WISHED I NEVER MOVED NOW. SMH.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:50 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,183 times
Where do they come from..........

Old 11-24-2020, 11:39 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
OP, I'm sorry that your move isn't working out. But don't let yourself get stuck in the rut. There are many other places in the area besides Baltimore and Oxon Hill. Start seeking them out.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:48 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveParker2k View Post
young white professional working out of dc.

[. . .]

I'm a whole foods harris tetter type of person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
The population has been overwhelmingly African-American for decades, although with increasing numbers of Hispanics, and a few Filipinos.
And here is the elephant in the room that no one wants to address, due to the fear of being called a racist. Despite all the talk about the wonders of diversity, when it comes down to it, most young white professionals who like Harris Teeter and Whole Foods are simply not going to find a comfortable living environment in an area that is overwhelmingly African American, especially lower income. They're just not. You've experienced this in downtown Baltimore, and now you've experienced this in Oxon Hill. Don't keep making the same mistake. Move to somewhere that has a higher population of the kind of people that you would feel more comfortable with.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And here is the elephant in the room that no one wants to address, due to the fear of being called a racist. Despite all the talk about the wonders of diversity, when it comes down to it, most young white professionals who like Harris Teeter and Whole Foods are simply not going to find a comfortable living environment in an area that is overwhelmingly African American, especially lower income. They're just not. You've experienced this in downtown Baltimore, and now you've experienced this in Oxon Hill. Don't keep making the same mistake. Move to somewhere that has a higher population of the kind of people that you would feel more comfortable with.

I would say i'm weird on this one.
Those are my favorite stores. But the thing i never told anyone is.
With baltimore women they're so cheap. i can go on a date to a simple place and spend under 30 bucks really. and maybe get laid.

down near dc. these women are so stuck up it's not even worth it.
so baltimore is good for the easy & cheap women. also i love ebony women really.

another weird thing idky.
i'm i would say middle class but i guess when i lived in baltimore i kinda seen another type of girl. the low class type of started to like them. it's weird.

down near dc. you have that too. but they are way stuck up and expect too much.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:05 AM

This is the kinda girl i like really. it's weird. But when i was younger i was rasied in the country. So i seen the city girls and was like OMG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafAJyOq9-Y

Old 11-28-2020, 02:48 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,183 times
Chocolate Chix on Cracker Wicks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland