Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 PM

671 posts, read 1,545,976 times

Advertisements

With all the bad rep Craftstar has been getting over the last few years, I'm surprised nobody has nicknamed them Crapstar yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 02:08 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,433,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Jab View Post
2020 hindsight I should have done my research on Craftmark before buying their home. I wish I read this forum before buying. My wife and I saw a good location for both work and school district since we are about to start a family (location: Maple Wood Community). During the buying process the salesman (Peter) was the nicest person ever. After we signed the contract and construction began, all things was well until we did our pre-drywall inspection. We notices that the landscape grading was unsafe and will cause flooding in the basement of the house. The landscape was too steep at the front of the house and the back of the house is graded for water drainage toward the foundation. So I politely call the salesperson/craftmark contact person to let him know that we have concerns about that and if they can address it. I can honestly say that this person sounded completely different from the same person we had be dealing with. He was extremely rude and defensive on any suggestions offered for resolution. He started off the conversation by stating that, the grading is done according to the "signed" site plan and therefore we are out of luck on that one. He has repeatedly started that because we signed the site plan which by the way was not scaled when we signed it and could not interpret. I am sadden by the whole experience. I am contemplating on walking away from the house and I know they will take our money but after reading all the post, I rather stay where we are and not be face with constant maintenance after moving into the home.

Is there any suggestion on course of action? Can someone offer competent engineers to review the entire house design & construction before I even consider completing this sale? I am worried that I will be paying for house but get a crapper instead. Please advise.
Start by going over Peter's head at Craftmark, at the corporate/executive office. Put your concerns in writing (either by registered mail or email, or both).

Also, do some research here about filing a complaint:

Maryland Attorney General - Consumer Protection Division

Also consider going to the media. Good luck.

Last edited by bowian; 08-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,365 times
After look through your photos, i'm shocked SHOCKED. What a nightmare.
Can I get your help to inspect my new home for me? I would not what to look for in a new home.
It'll be complete in June, just finished signing a contract with Ryan Home in Clarksburg Village community in Maryland.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,325 times
Default Hmmm

I have read all the concerns and they seem to be with similar developments. Has anyone had any issues with the Summit Crossing or Woodlake Communities? Thanks.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,490 times
Thumbs down Do not go with Craftstar

Do not go with craftstar. We are new home buyers, and although we understand that there would be some problems/ issues with a brand new constructed house we never imagined it would be this bad! I mean we have to alter our days at work for these issues! They have us home for floods in the basement, issues such misplaced/cracked tiles and uneven sidings on the outside of our homes, cracks, outlets not working, ticking pipes, wrong shipments just to name a few! Craftstar does not care and they do not admit to wrongful and careless building. They won't own up to any of their mistakes and they give an extremely hard time to anyone that has issues informing us that we have to call this company to get it fixed and that company. We are all tired of these issues and need to file claims but unfortunately there is nothing we can do. Nothing that protects us from "lemon homes".

Old 06-27-2014, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Jab View Post
2020 hindsight I should have done my research on Craftmark before buying their home. I wish I read this forum before buying. My wife and I saw a good location for both work and school district since we are about to start a family (location: Maple Wood Community). During the buying process the salesman (Peter) was the nicest person ever. After we signed the contract and construction began, all things was well until we did our pre-drywall inspection. We notices that the landscape grading was unsafe and will cause flooding in the basement of the house. The landscape was too steep at the front of the house and the back of the house is graded for water drainage toward the foundation. So I politely call the salesperson/craftmark contact person to let him know that we have concerns about that and if they can address it. I can honestly say that this person sounded completely different from the same person we had be dealing with. He was extremely rude and defensive on any suggestions offered for resolution. He started off the conversation by stating that, the grading is done according to the "signed" site plan and therefore we are out of luck on that one. He has repeatedly started that because we signed the site plan which by the way was not scaled when we signed it and could not interpret. I am sadden by the whole experience. I am contemplating on walking away from the house and I know they will take our money but after reading all the post, I rather stay where we are and not be face with constant maintenance after moving into the home.

Is there any suggestion on course of action? Can someone offer competent engineers to review the entire house design & construction before I even consider completing this sale? I am worried that I will be paying for house but get a crapper instead. Please advise.

Hello,
did you ever got ur issue resolved, as we are thinking to buy a craftmark home with same sales man(peter),, We also got feeling that he could be rude, and other buyer we met said how he was completely different person after signing the contract, also about how cheap the whole builder was, cutting costs everywhere.
please let me know...as i am considering because of location.

Old 04-15-2016, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 486 times
Default Craftstar needs to OWN UP to shoddy workmanship

I am 100% willing to give a tour of a home I think has beautiful bones. Has great curb appeal. Ambiance. In a great area of Northern Virginia here in Woodbridge. So close to DC, Reston, Herndon, Springfield, Lorton, Dumfries, Manassas, and on and on yes location is solid.

Quality of workmanship is the freaking PITS. After your 1 year is up Craftstar does not again DOES NOT stand behind the work it has done. The list they provide the Service Program Contact List NONE OF THOSE companies want to come out and do any work unless they get PAID!!!!!!! Warranty or not. Craftstar will make every excuse not their fault they delivered a home, and that is it. The contractors unless the are a utility company give a RATS ASS about your happiness and helping you out. They don't care about winning you over as a customer in the long term.

WHY YOU AS cause long as they come in on the cheap Craftstar keeps dishing out the contract to them.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! You see Craftstar home just becareful the home may glitter like a star but it lacks the CRAFTMANSHIP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland