Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 02:35 PM

480 posts, read 1,917,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
We are #1 in murder and robberies that to Baltimore. Geesh, I thought O' Malley had this all taken care of?
Hopefully the idiot voters of this state will realize their BIG mistake and not re-elect this *******.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 21,821 times
I just moved to Cecil County from Northern Virginia. I can tell you that I never locked my door there, but I do here. I live in the country here and I have had 2 things stolen from my yard. I have also heard about other things being stolen.

When I read the local paper, I am often shocked about the amount and types of crime in this little area. It seems, and I have heard, that there is a drug issue in the area. It seems a lot of crime stems from that.

Hick, redneck? Well, this NOVA girl would say yes. I guess it depends where you come from. I know that I never heard racist stuff in NOVA like I hear here. Also, just about everyone here has a tattoo, and smokes. I am just not used to that kind of thing.

Having said all that, its like I keep telling my kids, don't compare, just take everything for what it is. I try to accept the people for the real person and overlook the grammer or attitudes that come with the area. Most people here are very nice. I would say that
the general culture is one of mediocrity, although remember, I come from the super
success culture of NOVA.

However, one of the reasons I moved here was that this is a BEAUTIFUL county, and it is changing fast. People are discovering the many beautiful waterfronts, the quaint towns, etc. As more people come in, I expect that "red neck" stuff to fade.
I would move and buy here quick, prices are going up quickly and I suspect will continue to rise, as this is projected to be one of the fastest growing counties in MD over the next years. And with good reason, it is a diamond in the rough. Just watch...

Old 11-04-2007, 09:55 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Idleffh: In your Opinion who is committing all the crimes in Maryland since crime is only committed by one set of race or people. To let you know serial killers are 99% whites since you want to give name labels of groups who commit crimes. Regardless of race or color we are all people and in every race and culture their are always going to be criminals it such that in my opinion certain groups are target more often by the criminal justice in America while other race get the free get away card.
All races are crazy:

[SIZE=6]African-American Serial Killers[/SIZE]
[Certain African-American professional callers to talk radio on WGNU have made a pastime of blaming whites for serial murder. The reason they are doing this is because the FBI states that the profile of the average serial murderer, among other things, is white and male. In fact, according to Gordon Lee Baum, CofCC CEO, the FBI’s use of profiling in this stead is among the first instances of some law enforcement unit using the concept of overt profiling. In response to these callers, Earl P. Holt, III assembled this small list of black serial killers, and others alert us to even more examples, thank you all. — The Webmaster]
Below is a non-comprehensive list of black serial murderers. All links open in a new browser window.
(# of victims in parentheses.)
Daniel Andrew Bowler (3), Richmond, VA
George Russell (3 women), WA state
Timothy W. Spencer (5), Arlington, VA and Richmond, VA
Elton M. Jackson (12), Norfolk, VA area
Carlton Gray (3), Columbus, GA
Mohammed Adam Omar (16 women), Yemen. Omar is Sudanese.
Kendall Francois (8 women), Poughkeepsie, NY and surrounding areas.
Terry A. Blair (8), Kansas City area
Zebra Killers (78), San Francisco
Wayne Williams (33), Atlanta, GA
Some Negro (15), Indianapolis, IN
Vaughn Greenwood (11), LA
Andre Crawford (10), Chicago - southside
Calvin Jackson (9+), NY
Gregory Klepper (8), Chicago – southside
Alton Coleman (8), Midwest
Harrison Graham (7+), N. Philadelphia
Cleophus Prince (6), San Diego
Robert Rozier (6), Miami
Craig Price (3), Warwick, RI
Devine Jones (3+), St. Louis
Maurice Byrd (20+), St. Louis
Maury Travis (broken link) (17 and rising), St. Louis and possibly also Atlanta
Coral Eugene Watts (broken link) (13 confessed to, possibly 80), Texas, Michigan, Canada
Hulon Mitchell, a.k.a. Yahweh Ben Yahweh (20+), Florida
Lorenzo Fayne (5 children), East St. Louis, IL
Henry Louis Wallace (9), Charlotte, NC
Reginald and Jonathan Carr (5), Wichita, KS
John Allen Muhammad (a.k.a. John Allen Williams) and John Lee Malvo, (Suspected in 13 to 19 and rising fast), Maryland; Virginia; Montgomery, AL; Baton Rouge, LA; Tacoma, WA; Georgia; Tucson, AZ
Torey Miller (2 homicides, one of which was a freeway drive-by, and the attempted ambush-murder of one St. Louis City police officer), St. Louis, MO.Derrick Todd Lee (broken link), (5 women), southern Louisiana
Paul Durousseau, (6, two of which were pregnant women), Jacksonville, FL; Georgia.
Troy Sampson (3), Las Vegas
Edward James (3), Las Vegas (This and the previous Las Vegas worthie were both "thrill" serial killers, who brutally murdered innocent and unsuspecting white people they never even met -- EPH)
Eddie Lee Mosley (25 to 30 women), south Florida
Henry Lee Jones (4+), south Florida; Bartlett, TN
Richard "Babyface" Jameswhite (15), New York; Georgia.
Donald E. Younge, Jr., (4), East St. Louis, IL; Salt Lake City, UT.
Lorenzo J. Gilyard (12 women), Kansas City, MO. (May be Missouri's worst serial killer ever, according to the Kansas City Star.)
Michael Vernon (7), Bronx, NY. Killed at least seven people - 5 in a shoe store for not having his sneaker size and 1 pizza delivery person and 1 gypsy cab driver.
Lamon J. McKoy (2, maybe more). Geneva, NY.
Jake ( ?) Bird, Tacoma, WA. He offed two in Tacoma in the 1940s and admitted to murdering many others nationwide.
Chester Dewayne Turner (12 women), Los Angeles

Old 11-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Oops. On further research, found an interesting Website:
The major source of information on serial killers was the encyclopedias of serial killers written by Newton (1990, 1992, and 2000) and by Wilson and Seaman (1983, 1990), as well as the works of other authors. Newspaper and Internet sources were used for cases that occurred after 1999. The study identified 90 African-American serial killers and 323 White-American serial killers within the time frame of the study. African-Americans were represented among serial killers at a rate approximately twice their average percentage in the population (approximately 10.5 percent) across the 58-year time frame. Why, then, does the media limit its coverage of African-American serial killers?
In answering this question, this study suggests that the media’s fear of racism accusations constrains its coverage of heinous crimes committed by Africa-Americans, compared with the zealousness of its coverage of such crimes committed by Whites. Also, African-American serial killers may have been more hidden from the mainstream culture when their victims were other African-Americans, particularly in the early 20th century. Criminological studies of serial killers also neglect to point out Black overrepresentation in crimes generally considered a White domain. The myth that serial killers are rarely African-Americans has had two detrimental effects. First, Whites tend to argue that Blacks are not sufficiently psychologically complex or intelligent to commit a series of murders without being caught. Second, police tend to neglect the protection of potential victims of serial killers in African-American communities.
Serial killer white-out

Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 PM

58 posts, read 264,976 times
Default sorry

Sorry to burst your bubbles. go to the superfund site just type in superfund cecil county md in your browser bar. You'll see there are 4 superfund sites surrounding you. 3 of them in Cecil. Underground storage tanks that leak mustard gas, and industrial pollutants are headquartered right there in Elkton.
Im truly sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorynsurrender View Post
I just moved to Cecil County from Northern Virginia. I can tell you that I never locked my door there, but I do here. I live in the country here and I have had 2 things stolen from my yard. I have also heard about other things being stolen.

When I read the local paper, I am often shocked about the amount and types of crime in this little area. It seems, and I have heard, that there is a drug issue in the area. It seems a lot of crime stems from that.

Hick, redneck? Well, this NOVA girl would say yes. I guess it depends where you come from. I know that I never heard racist stuff in NOVA like I hear here. Also, just about everyone here has a tattoo, and smokes. I am just not used to that kind of thing.

Having said all that, its like I keep telling my kids, don't compare, just take everything for what it is. I try to accept the people for the real person and overlook the grammer or attitudes that come with the area. Most people here are very nice. I would say that
the general culture is one of mediocrity, although remember, I come from the super
success culture of NOVA.

However, one of the reasons I moved here was that this is a BEAUTIFUL county, and it is changing fast. People are discovering the many beautiful waterfronts, the quaint towns, etc. As more people come in, I expect that "red neck" stuff to fade.
I would move and buy here quick, prices are going up quickly and I suspect will continue to rise, as this is projected to be one of the fastest growing counties in MD over the next years. And with good reason, it is a diamond in the rough. Just watch...

Old 11-11-2007, 03:49 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,597,462 times
I just love all of these, "stay out of Baltimore" statements. Yes, the murder rate is highest in Baltimore but no one mentions that 95% of those murders are drug-related or family arguments and that most of the murders are committed in a few neighborhoods. Much of Baltimore City is very safe, in fact safer than many surrounding county areas. I have lived in Baltimore for over 20 years and I have never been a victim of crime. My homes were never broken into, my car has never had an issue and it's parked on the street. Some folks need to get a life and stop generalizing about an entire city. I would much rather live in my neighborhood of Baltimore than many surrounding areas in the county. Oh, and guess what else, as those homes are being bought up and renovated and neighborhoods gentrified, I wonder where those displaced folks are moving. hmmm

Old 01-20-2008, 12:17 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Default This suggests you don't like poor people? Is that true?

Quote:
I live in Pg county and I have not witness or heard of any crime. I live in Upper Marlboro. People need to stop labeling the entire county and starting labeling areas where the crimes are in pg county like capitol Heights, District Heights, Temple Hill, Oxon Hill and Hyattsville. If you are planning on moving to Pg county move to Upper Marlboro, Bowie, CLinton, Fort Washingtin,BrandyWine,Mitchellville,Accrokee in these areas is where the government is spending the most money to develope because the prices of homes, All the educated people in pg live in these county,beautiful areas,Nice homes,Friendly people,No crimes or violence,middle to high class family no poor poor because they cannot afford to live their which I am so happy for. If you cannot afford a $500,000 and up home you might as well forget about these areas. when people say pg is bad they are talking about the poor and cheap areas are bad me myself donot go into the poor areas. I feel 100% safe living in upper Marlboro. In my community and surrounding in the higher parts of pg county very one have to be highly educated and highly paid to afford the high living and the safe environment just like any where in the country. So if some one ever say they cannot afford the high prices in the nice areas of pg more then likely they are poor and need to make more money to come here and live. I am not liostening to folks who live in Landover,Capitol Heights, District Heights because they will have bad experiences in pg county because thats the ppro areas. ANd the poor areas every where will have crimes. My son is 100% safe.
Iscalder do you differentiate the poor based on race. Do you dislike all poor or poor of any particular color? Clarification would be helpful. Sounds like you and Truth have more in common then you care to admit.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Iscalder do you differentiate the poor based on race. Do you dislike all poor or poor of any particular color? Clarification would be helpful. Sounds like you and Truth have more in common then you care to admit.
Poor is poor regardless of race. Wealthy is wealthy regardless of race. Crazy is crazy regardless of race. I think in the white communities they keep all their dirt in the community and pretend to the world as if America or the white race is perfect. I have yet to see a white person bash or point finger on their own race but yet I have seen Black posters on here bashing their own race then the whites join in as if saying if a Black person can bash their race why not join in on the action. I have not seen one post where a White person speak up about the problems with the white race but yet I have seen plenty of post where Blacks try to separate themselves with other Blacks. No matter what happens in the media or whatever data is out their to prove whites have their own issues, whites always defend each other or never mention the issues in their communities but yet they want to point at the Black race.
I realize why whites are doing what they are doing and its because they are the only race who are loosing. Whites are the only race who are trying their best to hold on to the victory. Hispanics will become the majority then Blacks are moving up meaning whites will be the only race out of place. Both race are muliplying at a faster rate then whites, whites are getting out numbered so they play this mind game. I am tired of this pointing at this one race game. Why not mention issues that are affecting your white race.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:05 AM

2,171 posts, read 3,316,852 times
Quote:
Poor is poor regardless of race. Wealthy is wealthy regardless of race. Crazy is crazy regardless of race. I think in the white communities they keep all their dirt in the community and pretend to the world as if America or the white race is perfect. I have yet to see a white person bash or point finger on their own race but yet I have seen Black posters on here bashing their own race then the whites join in as if saying if a Black person can bash their race why not join in on the action. I have not seen one post where a White person speak up about the problems with the white race but yet I have seen plenty of post where Blacks try to separate themselves with other Blacks. No matter what happens in the media or whatever data is out their to prove whites have their own issues, whites always defend each other or never mention the issues in their communities but yet they want to point at the Black race.
I realize why whites are doing what they are doing and its because they are the only race who are loosing. Whites are the only race who are trying their best to hold on to the victory. Hispanics will become the majority then Blacks are moving up meaning whites will be the only race out of place. Both race are muliplying at a faster rate then whites, whites are getting out numbered so they play this mind game. I am tired of this pointing at this one race game. Why not mention issues that are affecting your white race.
That statement is just so sad. I feel sorry for you Iscalder.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:42 AM

Yep, as far as I know the U.S. population is still over 70% white with black and hispanic both coming in at just under 13%. I understand where lscalder is coming from because the hispanic and black populations are on the rise; however, her comments are just a wee bit extreme. I don't think whites are worried about being eradicated any time soon. Interesting take though on why race relations are so strained in this country. I wonder if people who think this way are part of the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland