Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,657 times

Advertisements

There is a possibility my fiance and I relocate to Maryland after our wedding. My fiance is looking at a job in Hunt Valley. Where would be a good place to live between Hunt Valley and New Jersey? My family lives in South Jersey and I would like to live as close as possible. My fiance is ok traveling about an hour to work. Does anyone also know of any public transportation that goes to Hunt Valley?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 02:04 PM

122 posts, read 719,762 times
I live in Bel Air, MD and commute to Sparks/Hunt Valley.

Only public transportation to Hunt Valley is from Baltimore City. There is no public transportation from Harford County to Hunt Valley.

There's a lot of real estate between NJ and Hunt Valley, and a wide variety of price ranges. My commute is mostly on country roads and takes about 45 minutes.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
You'll be pretty far from Jersey anywhere in MD, but you can drive in a few hours or take the Amtrak from downtown or the Bus. I would recommend living IN or very close to Hunt Valley if your girlfriend will work here. Traffic in the area can be pretty hectic during rush hour. There are a couple of companies here P&G etc., but the roads haven't really kept up.

As the other poster mentioned, public transport is a sad joke in this neck of the woods, so good luck with that

The area is also kind of expensive house-wise. It's the suburb where a lot of horse-owners live if that brings any images to mind. The upside is that there are many nice apartment complexes that you can live in near work to get a taste for the area before settling on a final location. Again, the closest highways I-83, 695 and I-95 can be pretty terrifying during rush hour, so I hope you can get a job in HV, too and you can both live near work.

You can drive around Hunt Valley, Cockeysville, Timonium etc. to look for an apartment. You can map the area on Google maps and drive around.

If you don't mind, where will she be working?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: