Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM

106 posts, read 441,527 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Kensington after having grown up in New England (Conn and Maine). I always thought I would spend my adult life in Boston, but that wasn't in the cards. I love this area for lots of different reasons. We are close to Rock Creek Park which gives us lots of biking, hiking options. We go up to Washington, Garrett Frederick Counties in Maryland or the Shenadoah mts in VA for camping, more extensive hiking etc. Can hop on the metro and be in DC within 45 mintues to museums, restaurants etc. You can be in Philadelphia in about 90 minutes and New York in 4 hours or the beach within 2.5 hours.

My husband and I looked at moving back to Connecticut but we couldn't find anyplace where we could have everything we have now.

Since prices have come down in the last few years you can find a 3bdrm 2 bath house for around $400.

I also think Frederick might be a good option, my hesitation is in order to get anywhere you have to drive and traffic on 70 and 270 can be a real bear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 PM

48 posts, read 158,370 times
No AeroGuy DC...I ment clanish in the not so nice way. Not wanting outsiders to move into their town/county. They can be devoted to one another as much as they want, I have nothing wrong with that. They just don't wan't outsiders there. I have been told to avoid many, many counties because I would be considered an outsider and they just don't want us there and for those folks, an outsider is anyone not part of their group...even if they are native North Carolian. My husband was told not to take a job there because of this. So yes, I do actually know what I'm talking about. You wouldn't happen to be from NC would you? Your attack on my warning post sounds like all the fun locals I get to deal with on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland