Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,294 times

Advertisements

Most actors and actresses don't have a chance to get on and camera ready kids sometimes make it happen. They work with sites that notify potential candidates of <url> Artist Resources | Casting Calls, Auditions, Jobs, Events, Freelance Programming, Live Auctions, iAmAnArtist.com (http://www.iAmAnArtist.com - broken link) </url> Casting Calls to apply. The camera ready project works . Def check out

Thank you so much!!

http://iamanartist.com/images/iaaa_logo.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by JasonHussey; 03-07-2011 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Added image
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:30 PM

4 posts, read 8,566 times
Default Suggestions Sought for Child Model/Acting Work

I have a child represented by CRK and while we do go on auditions and get work, I am interested in seeing what else is out there to supplement. Could anyone suggest a site to visit for extra local work or maybe a moms with child actors chat board or social group?! I would appreciate suggestions! We are in the Baltimore region.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,993 times
My DD was repped by CRK for about 10 years awhile back and I also agree that Suzi was great to work with. LT is much "bigger" but with that, I think, came a lot more internal conflicts in terms of having a lot of kids that fit the same breakdowns. Generally, from what I could tell, CRK made an effort to only have a few kids that fit any given "type" ...

With a few exceptions (I believe if you have a child who is actively working in the business with a lot of credits she might make an exception), she holds informational meetings and then interviews kids/parents once a year in March, I believe. Not sure how LT handles adding talent.

GoneGardening, here is a link to an excellent forum for parents of kids in the business. They also have chats on Friday nights:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/proactors/start

Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,438 times
You can also try Kids International out of Ft. Washington, MD. Along with Taylor Royall, they too are SAG Franchised agencies.

A few other reputable agencies in the MD/DC are include: The Pink Light Agency (modeling, acting and event staffing), CIMA Talent (modeling & acting), L&M Modeling Agency (modeling & acting) and T.H.E. Artist Agency (modeling definitely, not sure about acting). These are the most reputable agencies in the area and I've heard good things about them all however... I'm not sure whether any of them have divisions for children. You may have to reach out to them individually to find out.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,241 times
i really need how i know my child has talent just need help getting her there she very good b ut i dont have the money so of these agency want but i will work my ass off and pay for the things she need but 2ooo to 5ooo see that happing know does any on know of jobs the she can start just for credit now please email me thanks taylorlynn9025@yahoo.com thanks mom angie bowman

Old 06-08-2014, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,089 times
Talking Make sure your ready!

Hello. I just wanted to give some advice. My daughter is a professional child actress & model. She is 9 though but she started saying she wanted to act when she was 3. She started acting classes when she was 5 & got her 1st paid job when she was 6. She has been with a few agencys. Her 1st agent was Dazzling Stars. We went paid the $120 & then NEVER heard from the lady, Sandy EVER again! I called life a year later & she said "Oh were out of business"... No "sorry, you wasted your money, sorry I never called", nothing! So then she signed with MTM. They got her I believe 8 jobs. Then she also got a manager, Cima Talent Management, she got her a BG&E commercial. She also works with a agency in N.Y. But here in Baltimore they are 2 good agents/managers. You do need to make sure this life is for you though. I have tried to help several other kids get into the business & all of them quite... Very soon after. They were either not willing to put in the work or their parents were not willing to put out the money. It IS VERY EXPENSIVE. I am on S.S.I & pay over $400 in acting classes for my daughter. I am always broke. You have to be able to drop EVERYTHING, sometimes within an hour of what your doing. Now a days you do have to pay for a casting site. 9 out of 10 agents use one. They are usually $20/month. They use to mail your pic/resume now is all computers. You will have to get head shots & comp cards & make a resume. & with kids always changing, you will spend A LOT in pics & don't try getting pics at Walmart or Sears. They have to be professional Actors head shots. You have to realize you will put out more then you make, at least for a while. I don't take my daughters money so I will never get out back. My daughter has been passionate about acting since she was 3. I was dead set against it at 1st. She would rather work, audition or go to a class rather then play. There is a lot they need to learn. Casting directors like to see they have had classes or some kind of training. Trust me, I have been around this business for 5 years & I am still learning. It's best to learn Improvisation, Monologues, Cold reads, 2 person scripts, on camera technique & lots more. If your kid has the passion & you have the patience, time, money & sanity & want to help your kid for all the right reasons, then I wish you the best of luck. I hate seeing parents who are selfish & want their kids to act but the kid don't want it. It WILL hurt your kid in the long run, trust me. The kid needs to wasn't this & you need to be there for support, emotional & financial. If you are still interested give MTM or Cima a call. Check out Hope at [url=http://HopeMackenziePerry.com]Home[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: