Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 AM

2 posts, read 10,715 times

Advertisements

Can someone who is familiar with the Pasadena area please tell me what is so wrong with Green Haven??? My husband and I have found a house that we are very interested in that is brand new and good size. We have driven through the neighborhood several times at different times of the day and week and the streets seem quiet and the neighbors seem very friendly. It's on 202nd Street near Shore Drive. So besides small lots, why is Green Haven considered bad by some yet others say the market has changed and it isn't so bad anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:28 PM

35 posts, read 174,936 times
That is not a good section of Pasadena. I teach in Pasadena, and I would not teach in the schools that get students from Greenhaven. Even though some sections look nice- stay away from it. It took a couple of years for some friends to sell their houses from that area. Go a little further down Mountain Road and look in the development of Chesterfield. Much nicer and safer and it is not far from Greenhaven.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 10,715 times
I don't understand what is so bad about it. Like why is it bad? We have no kids so the schools not being great over there isn't a major concern of mine. I have looked in Chesterfield and wasn't that impressed because every house looks the exact same (cookie cutter houses). Is there a lot of theft in Green Haven, a lot of drug dealers or what?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 AM

63 posts, read 372,555 times
Green Haven (and the numbered streets) seems to be a large mix-match of nice homes, really nice homes, and run-down homes. I feel safe though, and don't have any problems.

Did have someone try to steal my truck out of my driveway while I was on vacation though. But that could happen anywhere to anyone in any neighborhood.

I realize this is an old thread, but Green Haven is interesting.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:51 PM

12 posts, read 30,700 times
Hello,
I know this is a very old thread, but we are relocating to the Baltimore/Annapolis area and I too just found a a house I like in Green Haven. Unfortunately we are out of state and I am looking online. We have a son who is in kindergarten and I want to make sure we are in a family friendly neightboorhood with good schools. So, is Green Haven not good? We are looking in Pasadena, Arnold, Crownsville, Severna Park, etc. If anyone has insite I would be soooo greateful! Thanks so much

Old 09-09-2011, 07:27 AM

211 posts, read 451,128 times
There are some nice areas in Pasadena, but if I got to choose one of the other places I might consider Severna Park, Arnold or Millersville.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to send you some more information on the area.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM

12 posts, read 30,700 times
Thanks for the response! I was just looking at a place in Crownsville (Arden on the Severn) and one in Cape St Claire....Any thoughts on those two?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:53 PM

211 posts, read 451,128 times
You can't go wrong with either of those locations. Both are close to Annapolis and the water. It depends on what you are looking for. I always think of Crownsville as a little more country and Cape St Claire is a little more funky.

Are you renting or buying? Do you have school age children?

Neither location has a lot of restaurants but Severna Park is close by as well as Annapolis (which also has a great Whole Foods).

The people here are very welcoming. I transplanted from Atlanta a few years ago and love it here. I have more friends here now then I had in 15 years in Atlanta. I will be more than happy to send you links to different organizations here that are great for meeting people.

Again, good luck and welcome to Maryland

Old 10-04-2011, 06:50 PM

32 posts, read 99,098 times
For those who are not familiar with the area, Green Haven is a community in Pasadena.

The numbered streets are a mish-mash like stated above of older homes and newer homes. The area is NOT under a homeowners association so pretty much everything goes. Catherine Avenue is the main street that travels through the numbered streets if anyone's planning on going to take a "tour". The main "issue" with this area is that some people take care of their homes and yards and some don't. The area looks trashy simply because people fail to take care of their properties.
It's not a low income area by any means, it's just a middle class community and alot of rental single family homes which don't bring in the best people.

High Point Elementary is the Elementary School for Green Haven and it's not a bad school by any means.
There are just some problems with drugs (just like all other areas) and let's face it, parents don't raise their kids right anymore

Old 09-27-2014, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 3,542 times
stay away from the number streets in green haven these streets have got so bad its crazy. from drugs, gangs, theft, and murders. so whatever you do I highly suggest to stay away from green haven number streets and don't walk around the George fox through high point area at night. your bound to run into some type of something. go live in a place like the new tanyard springs or riveria beach but stay away from the green haven number streets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland