U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 02:09 PM

3 posts, read 8,156 times

Advertisements

I married in love and after married she changed a lot, and she started intimidate me because she put part of money to buy a house. I never agree to buy this house because was expensive and a little out of my possibilities, but she convinced me to do that, because both will paid the bills of our house; and at this time make sense to me, because we always planning our live together.
She was working in another state because she can not find a job in this state, but I encourage starting work there for awhile. We visit each other like normal persons that are building a normal relationship, but she always complained about her boss, her job and the people around her… (Showing that she is the victim of love because she always said our love only made support the ruin life that she is living far from me). Someday she quite from her job and came to live together. During 2 moths (everyday and every time) she said: that is difficult to find job because she is an immigrant and she does not have a working permission, however, her visa almost expire and to find the solution to her problem and I love she. I proposed to marry and we married on Dec. 04 2008. After 2 weeks I travel out side USA to come with my children, because our plan was to live together with my children. When I back she changed a lot, the day when I arrived at home she immediately point-out that she knows everything about me (because she go inside my computer and personal documents). Someday, I found she changing my password of my bank account and I figure out she is trying to do something wrong with me... we discuss this day and she said she is disappoint because our house lost the value and she need her money back. I said let me try to find an additional loan to pay your money back, unfortunately the bank reject my petition twice and then she start intimidate me that she will accused me that she paid me to give the green card and insult me in front my children... but three weeks ago she leave the house without any explanation, only she remain me that I need be nice and help her to get the green card and I should have her money after the interview otherwise she will destroy my life. By my understanding, she was sure that she will be approved the interview for the green card but unfortunately this day I arrived late to the interview and now we are waiting for the next appointment... for those reasons I need some advice in order to solve this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 04:59 PM

59 posts, read 205,099 times
try VisaJourney.com : Family and Marriage Immigration to the USA

Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 PM

87 posts, read 304,542 times
If you divorce her or separate within the first two years of marriage she has to leave the US! I would get an immigration lawyer and explain your situation to him without your wife.
She can say she paid you, you say you loved her and wanted to build a life and the fact that the money went into the house proves that you didn't just get paid by her but you bought a home together because you thought you would live together as a couple.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:32 AM

13,773 posts, read 21,023,348 times
When you go to the interview, tell them what you told us. Problem solved.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:09 AM

80 posts, read 297,807 times
1) Start a new bank account with a new bank. Close your old bank account when everything is transferred over.
2) Remove her from all your credit cards and have them reissue new cards with new numbers to you.
3) File for divorce.
4) Tell immigration that you purchased a house larger than what you wanted because she wanted that big house and you loved her (she probably wanted that huge house so she could move her family in with you!) but it's now obvious that she's using you so you divorced her. Tell them that she said that she was going to make claims that you were paid to bring her here and that she might try to blackmail you.

Is she on the bank loan? If so, find out how she can be removed. Can you refinance the house in just your name? Can you sell it? Should you let it go into foreclosure so that she's not attached to you?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:21 PM

thank you for yours answers...

Old 07-15-2009, 02:24 PM

Default thank you

thanks everybody for your help

Old 07-15-2009, 02:40 PM

460 posts, read 1,749,169 times
If you cannot afford a lawyer, get in touch with your city's chamber of commerce or their county seat - for legal matters - and get hooked up with your city's Legal Aid office. Given the influx of immigrants in Maryland in particular, Im' sure there are many attorneys specializing in immigration law that can help you.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:48 PM

15,894 posts, read 15,881,359 times
Please get to an immigration lawyer right now.

This situation is only going to get worse with time. You have to clear it up as soon as possible.

Good luck to you.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 7,703 times
Sorry to hear that. I agree with all of the above, please be concern for your situation and don't let her join any decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland