U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 25,362 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here has any idea on what type of people live in Miramar Landing Middle River? I mean are they good and friendly? I am planning to buy a house from Ryland Homes and I was advised that this is unsafe area, I was even told that my car insurance would go up if I move here. The newly contructed houses by Ryland are really adorable and the subdivision looks very safe. Is there anyone here has something to say? Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 06:23 AM

1,802 posts, read 7,512,858 times
I live in a development right next to Miramar Landing and I am very comfortable here. I have lived here over 15 years and have never experienced any crime. The houses are affordable and convenient to shopping and recreation.

As for car insurance, I guess that depends on where you currently live. My understanding is that the insurers use zip codes as a factor in determining the rate you pay. My full coverage insurance on 2 vehicles runs about $1,200 a year.

The homes in Miramar Landing are very nice; my only criticism is that the yards are really small. But for some people that is a plus.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 AM

22 posts, read 46,884 times
Default Do your homework first...

My wife and I live in Essex, and researched these homes prior to buying our current home. We have been told by some folks in the police department we know that this is not a great neighborhood. We went to tour the model homes, and the neighborhood was full of sketchy looking folks and cars, etc. Perhaps our impression was based on just this one day, but that combined with what our friends with the police told us was enough for us to avoid that particular neighborhood. Maybe you will not have the same impression, but try to get as much info as you can before settling on a new home, which is a pretty big decision. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2009, 12:40 AM

I interviewed two people living in Miramar Landing. They say they were safe in that area and were happy with the place. They are friendly too. So I am going back there tomorrow to sign for reservation. Thanks for all the infos.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampangakid View Post
I interviewed two people living in Miramar Landing. They say they were safe in that area and were happy with the place. They are friendly too. So I am going back there tomorrow to sign for reservation. Thanks for all the infos.
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 AM

372 posts, read 433,557 times
That's always been a mixed area, with unsafe pockets, so proceed carefully.

Your best bet is to inquire at the local police dept.

Good luck.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 10,477 times
I am also looking at the villas at Mirmar. I was told there are flooding issues in Middle River. Is this true?

Old 09-04-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjohnson View Post
I am also looking at the villas at Mirmar. I was told there are flooding issues in Middle River. Is this true?
There are lots of waterfront homes in the Middle River zip-code, and there was flooding in some of those areas during tropical storm Isabel. But Miramar is a mile or two from the waterfront, so there is little chance of anything like that happening (unless Al Gore's predictions come true more quickly than expected, and global warming causes sea levels to dramatically rise ).

I live in a development right next to Miramar and have never had flooding. But I have heard that some of the homes in both my development (Golden Brook) and Miramar have had problems with wet basements. Luckily, I have never had any problem whatsoever, but that could be because my basement is a walk-out, so is mostly ground level instead of underground.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 10,477 times
Question I think I'm buying at Miramar

I went by there today and I like the community and price. However, I drove by tonight and was not so sure. I didn't feel totally unsafe, but I guess since it was a nice night there were a lot of people out and about. I talked with two people that live there and got mixed reviews. Still not sure what to do. Does anyone live there and have any comments about the community and surrounding areas?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjohnson View Post
I went by there today and I like the community and price. However, I drove by tonight and was not so sure. I didn't feel totally unsafe, but I guess since it was a nice night there were a lot of people out and about. I talked with two people that live there and got mixed reviews. Still not sure what to do. Does anyone live there and have any comments about the community and surrounding areas?
Hi fdjohnson! I bought a new house that will be finished by November in Miramar Middle river. I am so happy with my day and night tour because I find the place very peaceful and people friendly. When do you plan to live?

Last edited by pampangakid; 09-25-2009 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or