Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 PM

274 posts, read 678,844 times

Advertisements

Is this a good place to work? Are salaries comparable to AACPS? Just wondering. Thinking of making a switch from public to private schools and am applying here. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 AM

211 posts, read 451,434 times
I don't have any information regarding salaries, however some of my friend's children attend this school. Everybody loves it.
Good luck with your application.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:01 AM

332 posts, read 1,280,315 times
Google glassdoor, if you have not checked before. I have not used this site in awhile but you can usually get salary information and comments from current or former employees. I do believe you have to register in order to view information.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:52 PM

53 posts, read 136,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
Is this a good place to work? Are salaries comparable to AACPS? Just wondering. Thinking of making a switch from public to private schools and am applying here. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
I thought Severn was in Anne Arundel, so salaries should be AA salaries if you're going to work at Severn HS which is public. You'll like it. Private? It's a really nice area, but I don't know much about the schools. As long as you're not in the city or some areas of Glen Burnie or Prince Georges county you'll be fine.

I had Drill Sergeant duty for two years awhile back. While it was fun at the time I wouldn't want to do it again. Unless you're going to pay me E-6 pay PLUS that Extra Duty pay PLUS my teacher's salary I wouldn't work in school districts with uncivilized monsters. Heck, they'd have to give me hazardous duty pay to work in B-more or Prince Georges. Sorry, can't be a disciplinarian and teach at the same time.

You might also consider Chesapeake High, Broadneck, or Severna Park. I don't know much about the private schools in Anne Arundel but Baltimore County is famous for some of it's private institutions.

I'm considering Private School too. Park School is really nice. At some point the cut in pay is worth the cut in BS.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:07 PM

7,017 posts, read 11,310,963 times
Severn School is private, and in Severna Park. Their kids are smart as whips. Always field great mock trial teams. Take the job, enjoy the kids.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 AM

274 posts, read 678,844 times
Thanks for the advice folks. I need to make "X" amount of money, and if they can't pay me that amt. unfortunately no matter what the trade off were to be, I wouldn't survive. That's my concern. I know private schools are great but the pay is generally lower and so is the level of health care. But the kids are a dream come true. I wish I didn't have undergrad and graduate school loans cleaning me out each month or i"d be able to take less money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland