U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:50 PM

53 posts, read 159,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy99 View Post
Oh, okay! I understand now- you are right! There are plenty of PA retirees in Ocean Pines! "You're surrounded" - sounds like a zombie apocalypse

LOL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:04 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,407,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myjanuarygirl View Post
The more I look into moving to Ocean City, the more I'm thinking we will be much happier as a family in either the Berlin or Ocean Pines areas. I'm more drawn to the Ocean Pines because the houses I'm seeing available for rent are affordable and surrounded by beautiful trees. We would start with renting before we commit to the area and buy a house.

Now my questions: Are the locals accepting of newcomers? It seems like so many towns in MD are not accepting which is a little discouraging.

Is this the same school district as Ocean City? What about your normal every-day shopping? I noticed the closest Target is over a half hour away. What about other stores such as Old Navy, Toys R Us, and your average stores like that?

How about jobs? My husband is an IT Server Administrator who currently commutes an hour to work each way, so he would be willing to continue the hour commute down in Maryland as well. I'm hearing there are not a lot of jobs in Salisbury, but are there any other towns with jobs within the hour radius around Ocean Pines?

Last question, if you have lived or currently live in Ocean Pines or Berlin, how do you like it?
the mass transit down there was enhanced too and simplified check their new website shoretransit.com

Old 04-17-2011, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,411 times
Default Moving to Maryland we like Ocean Pines and Easton

My family is getting out of NY before we go bust! We visited Maryland and realy like the Eastern Shore. Ocean Pines has alot of ammenities and we realy liked Easton. My concern is the job market. I am a Dental Hygienist, and my husband owns a small construction business. Is there work there? and what about health benefits, being self employeed in NYS its costing over $1000 a month for health benefits alone. How expensive are health benefits in Maryland. We also need to find out how much insurance will cost for my husband to work on his own, in construction. Any informtion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 7,116 times
We are relocating from Howard county, MD to Berlin. We have seen the real estate drop substantially and are buying a home there. Is OP or the town of Berlin better for raising a middle-schooler? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland