U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 AM

6 posts, read 33,881 times

Advertisements

I will be moving from NJ to MD by October since my work is transferring to Cockeysville. I will have to travel to NJ often over the weekend so hoping to find something not too further in MD. My friends suggested Towson or Parkville. I’m single, and am looking for a decent apartment or preferably a condo with the fitness center and so on. Any suggestions?? I’ve read reviews here…that a lot of these apartments have mice..or noise problems, or mold….I just want a decent place..even a 1BR under 1300. I’m realllyy getting scared by these reviews! Please HELP as I really have NO IDEA! Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 PM

200 posts, read 528,431 times
If you are looking for a complex, your best bet may be around the Owings Mills area since there are a lot of newer complexes there. Towson doesn't have a lot of newer places for professionals at a reasonable price. Most of the Towson apartments are filled with Towson students.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,553 times
I am a real estate agent....let me know if you want some help finding something !

Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 PM

103 posts, read 373,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahdah View Post
I am a real estate agent....let me know if you want some help finding something !
I'm sure the original poster has found something by now- her first post was in Aug 09.. and she would have been moved here by October and it's not January

Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,086 times
Default Confused about the Cost of Living Index for Cockeysville

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahdah View Post
Dear cdahdah,

I'm considering to relocate (with a job) from Los Angeles to either Plano, TX or Hunt Valley, MD. I was looking at the Cost of Living comparison between Plano and Cockeysville on the[mod]link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed[/mod] site and the Housing index for Plano is higher than Cockeysville (114 to 100); however, when I looked on this city-data site it says that the median home price for Plano is only $217,500 but Cockeysville is $388,293! Also, the bestplaces site says on the Cockeysville profile that the median home price there is $184,040. That's a pretty big difference!

Which site is right? Do you or anyone else out there have any insights on this???

Would much appreciate anyone's insights. Thanks!

Last edited by Yac; 08-20-2010 at 05:11 AM..

Old 07-19-2010, 09:50 PM

6 posts, read 59,906 times
I live in Cockeysville. I own a townhouse which I will be renting out soon because I intend to move into a single family house. I can tell you that the average townhouse in Cockeysville is going to go for anywhere from $225k on the low end to $300k on the high end. An average split level will be in the mid to high $300s and an average colonial will be in the high $300s to low $400s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or