Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 PM

3 posts, read 5,509 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Are there any good headhunters in the St Marys County are for the IT professions? We are in the process of relocating to the area.
I know theres a lot of big name companies, but some help from a local Agency might be an option.
Thanks,
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:10 PM

924 posts, read 2,604,105 times
Not sure of any headhunters or anything like that but there are an absolute crap ton of IT jobs at Pax River... Just start looking at all of the major defense contractors in the area to see what they have open... ManTech, BAE, Booze Allen, Sabre, Spalding consulting, Wyle Labs, Lockheed, etc...

What exactly do you do?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 PM

Thanks,
Actually I ended up doing lots of different things.I work for the Princeton University Physics Dept and code web and desktop applications. I started out being asked to create an application for a Accelerator Lab and it took off from there. I have very strong Php and C# skills with suporting technologies of Mysql, Javascript, ect.
Our daughter lives in the DC area and we love the S. Maryland coast.
I'm a programming Geek but just a regular guy that plays guitar , rides a motorcycle and loves the ocean.
If you have any insights I would greatly appreaciate it.
Thanks
Mike

Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM

I was really gauging to see if you see if you were an engineer or developer rather than some kind of vague analyst or Configuration Management person... Jobs for developers are plentiful, I won't fault you for being a PHP guy though... C# jobs are all over the place in southern MD... Just start going to some of the contractors websites and look for what they have open, All of the contractor websites have some kind of job locator on them...

I am a coldfusion/flex guy myself and I also play the guitar...

Just make sure you are prepared for the steep cost of living in MD... I started my first programming job at 17 and I am now 21... I ended up moving to Jacksonville, Fl about 4 months ago because I was having a really hard time getting by on what I thought was a decent salary for my age...

I absolutely loved Southern MD though... It is a beautiful place to live, it is the right blend of rural and urban without any of the crime and congestion of the big city... There are also lots of bikers around for you to ride with...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 PM

tercel95,
Thanks for your help and support. The cost of living in jersey is pretty high, so we're used to it. In fact, I think it's better in MD. Political Corruption is our official state profession. Everyday a new mayor, ect is getting stung.
Good luck in Florida!!
Mike

Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike628 View Post
tercel95,
Thanks for your help and support. The cost of living in jersey is pretty high, so we're used to it. In fact, I think it's better in MD. Political Corruption is our official state profession. Everyday a new mayor, ect is getting stung.
Good luck in Florida!!
Mike
You should be fine then coming from Jersey... For what its worth there is plenty of political corruption in MD although southern MD is better than most other areas in MD... Be prepared for your tax money to go to tons of social programs you will never use, roads you will never drive on, and food stamps for people too lazy to work...

Good luck with your job hunt though... If you really have a hard time finding a job which I doubt you will, let me know and I can put you in touch with a few people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland