Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:04 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,722,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
Actually Old Towne is very nice. My daughter's class took a field trip there this past spring and I was totally blown away by the experience. There's a lot of history. She got to meet the mayor, the Gaithersburg cat (can't think of his name), and learn about the history of the city etc.. They have a great park for kids, and had a couple good outdoor concerts over the summer. The pharmarcy on the corner makes the best chocolate shake in the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
cpterp is right on about Olde Town G'Burg. I live in G'Burg and go there quite often.
Thanks guys, Old Towne Gaithersburg is probably Montgomerys nicest historic districts. At the MARC station (which still uses the original B&O station house) there's also a small railroad museum with beautifully preserved historic rail equipment. I think filmsniffer is just a disgruntled extremist neocon who lets prejudice blind him/her.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:24 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabizniswmn View Post
I read the blogs and i have done months worth of intense research for Maryland being that I am moving there as we speak..ok here are the true facts...

Howard County is the richest county by far and it shows in the schools and lifestyle and mindset of the people..if you want to know the wealth of a place look at the schools..bc this is a future investment and what person would not want to invest in their child's future

Prince George County ..a lot of people take this out of context..PG COUNTY IS THE RICHEST COUNTY WITH AND FOR BLACK PEOPLE...hmmm see this information is not all inclusive it just shows the demographics of the income of one particular race and of course this is important to us as minorities bc for some it gives them hope..but PG COUNTY IS HOOD RICH...in all of the adds it discussed how there is no longer the plantation of the 1800's and fields..but now there are homes,golf courses and swimming pools in those areas..hmmm that is a hood report.and doesn't make me smile bc it is all built on stuff..nothing being stated about awesome schools,community affairs or anything..so maybe the plantation is not there but the mentality still exists..so I really wanted to clear that up...PGC...is the best Hood Rich for us blacks...not knocking it just presenting facts...this is actually one of my options to relocate but Howard is my first choice..and trust me private school is my only option in PG County!! it is time for change..this is soooo sad
Have you really looked closely at all of the school data in Howard County? There are schools is excess of 30% free and reduced meal. Is that the wealth you are touting?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:41 PM

941 posts, read 3,911,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpterp View Post
I'm not blind, I live in the area. Where the hell do you live? Probably not in G'burg if you think Old Towne Ave is overun with illegals. Old Towne is a very nice area and the only things there are condos, the town hall, post office, antique shops, and the MC Business Center and I see more Whites in that area than Hispanics. There are more Hispanics in the areas surrounding Lakeforest. You've already shown us you're just another prejudiced prick who refers to every Hispanic as an illegal "mexican." Why don't you "shove" your racist attitude or get out of Montgomery? I have said many times before I'm not oblivious to MoCo's illegal immigrant problem, but it's not as terrible as people make it out to be. Of course when you live by the moronic sterotypes you've posted, everyone is an illegal to you.
That's where you are wrong. I LIVE here, and have been for over 40 years. What about you, eh? I've also made great friends here. Trust me when I say the illegal immigrant is even bigger than you think. Come on, hardly anything gets reported. You should at least know that.

When was the last time you visited the heart of Old Town for a while? If you like it so much, why don't you camp out there and witness everything for yourself. Or, for an alternative location, go to Clopper Rd MVA.

That's right, make personal attacks towards me now. Is that how you deal with people when they don't agree with your views?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:47 PM

941 posts, read 3,911,404 times
Quote:
I think filmsniffer is just a disgruntled extremist neocon who lets prejudice blind him/her.
You should not throw stones in a glass house.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
That's where you are wrong. I LIVE here, and have been for over 40 years. What about you, eh? I've also made great friends here.
Good for you, is that how long you've held in your extreme prejudices? I've only been here for

Quote:
When was the last time you visited the heart of Old Town for a while? .
How about everyday when I commute from Germantown via the MARC train, and I have yet to see an Hispanic board the train there, although I see Hispanics, Blacks, and Whites walking to the school in the mornings. Not to mention that I drive through there at least every week, and for about a year I was at the MC Business Center every week. Actually, (I can't believe I forgot about this) I remember one day when I was leaving the MC building seeing a brand new black Lamborghini Gallardo. Yeah, in Mont. County you can expect to see an exotic every week or so (I'm a car buff and spot them easily), but usually in Bethesda so that's why it stuck in my memory. Those "illegal mexicans[sic.]" sure have money, don't they?

Quote:
That's right, make personal attacks towards me now. Is that how you deal with people when they don't agree with your views?
Haha, you're really funny:

Quote:
Oh, hell. You're in denial. Shove that uppity liberal attitude and check the area yourself....I said READ, not SPEAK.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 AM

10 posts, read 39,626 times
Mexicans?

You mean Salvadorans, Hondurans & Guatemalans, right? Those are all different peoples from different countries you know.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
Mexicans?

You mean Salvadorans, Hondurans & Guatemalans, right? Those are all different peoples from different countries you know.
You shouldn't even bother, he/she sees no difference through his/her racially prejudiced eyes.

Last edited by cpterp; 09-15-2009 at 08:00 AM..

Old 09-15-2009, 08:12 AM

307 posts, read 692,280 times
No one can speak there mind. Which is our Constitutional right! When you do you are labeled an "angry white man" or "neoconservative" is that the word you were looking for cpterp, or did you mean necon-nazi? Liberals don't want anyone to speak there mind when it's against the liberal agenda.

Long live liberty!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 AM

810 posts, read 2,162,136 times
Quote:
You shouldn't even bother, he/she sees no difference through his/her racially prejudiced eyes.
the largest group of hispanics in the dc area are (prob moco and gburg as well) salvadorans
are mexicans #2?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:00 AM

789 posts, read 2,563,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
Mexicans?

lol...btw Old town also have the best Peruvian chicken, next to the neatest hardware store, across from the best tool rental shop.

Another Very Nice quaint neighborhood is Washington Grove! Most folks on here probably have never been in there though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland