U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2009, 08:07 AM
 
31 posts, read 100,494 times
Reputation: 30

Advertisements

I read the blogs and i have done months worth of intense research for Maryland being that I am moving there as we speak..ok here are the true facts...

Howard County is the richest county by far and it shows in the schools and lifestyle and mindset of the people..if you want to know the wealth of a place look at the schools..bc this is a future investment and what person would not want to invest in their child's future

Prince George County ..a lot of people take this out of context..PG COUNTY IS THE RICHEST COUNTY WITH AND FOR BLACK PEOPLE...hmmm see this information is not all inclusive it just shows the demographics of the income of one particular race and of course this is important to us as minorities bc for some it gives them hope..but PG COUNTY IS HOOD RICH...in all of the adds it discussed how there is no longer the plantation of the 1800's and fields..but now there are homes,golf courses and swimming pools in those areas..hmmm that is a hood report.and doesn't make me smile bc it is all built on stuff..nothing being stated about awesome schools,community affairs or anything..so maybe the plantation is not there but the mentality still exists..so I really wanted to clear that up...PGC...is the best Hood Rich for us blacks...not knocking it just presenting facts...this is actually one of my options to relocate but Howard is my first choice..and trust me private school is my only option in PG County!! it is time for change..this is soooo sad

 
Old 08-26-2009, 11:26 AM
 
512 posts, read 1,480,778 times
Reputation: 221
What is the point of this post. To observe this and put this out there. Exactly what is the reason for pointing this out to everyone?

If Howard County is for you, then so be it. Glad you are happy with your decision. Do realize that each county no matter where you reside has issues. Some more so than others. Please explain your purpose for this post.
 
Old 08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Between Frederick and Westminster
196 posts, read 736,667 times
Reputation: 63
I'm wondering why anyone cares about the richest county, unless they're trying to figure out which one also has the highest taxes.
 
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM
 
31 posts, read 100,494 times
Reputation: 30
IF YOU READ I STATED THERE WERE PREVIOUS BLOGS POSTED...THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NEW COMERS SUCH AS MYSELF NOT AS FAR AS THE RICHEST COUNTY BUT THE STATISTICS AS A WHOLE..AND YES IT DOES MATTER WHEN YOU ARE MAKING A LIFE DECISION AS FAR AS YOUR ENVIRONMENT!!

I have seen lots of blogs in regards to this and people's opinions and what not, so for people such as myself that evaluates all aspects of a situation the financial status and all of that matters..I don't know the State of Maryand personally so everything I read I take into consideration and research it!! NOT THAT I NEED TO JUSTIFY MYSELF AND UR OPINION IS NULL AND VOID..but all of this information opens doors for other avenues of research when someone is making a life changing family decision..so what may be foolish to some is vital to others and the reason why it is important has nothing to do with you..so as a person that relies on the voices of Maryland to hear the inner city scoop..I thought this would help the next person considering the same move with a family such as myself..so if this was not for you "KEEP GOING, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR EFFORT EVEN POSTING,TAKE THE MEAT AND SPIT OUT THE BONES AS WE SAY HERE IN CHARLOTTE".....someone is asking the same questions I asked so I have found the answer now I choose to share that's all!! WOW...some people just makes me laugh, I needed that..now WHY DID YOU QUESTION ME AGAIN??WHAT WAS YOUR POINT..LMAO
 
Old 08-26-2009, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Between Frederick and Westminster
196 posts, read 736,667 times
Reputation: 63
Well, I think if you've read the "blogs" or posts on this board, you'd realize that the whole PG vs. MoCo vs. Howard vs. whatever has been beaten to death. That is why we were curious as to why you posted, and frankly your point was really hard to figure out.
 
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 PM
 
512 posts, read 1,480,778 times
Reputation: 221
Hold up brotha. I'm questioning you because your post was not clear. You cleared it up with your statement since we asked you to. If you got more than one person asking you "What is the Point" then maybe you should re-read your post and clarify your self.

I'm all for your observations and to some degree I will agree with your assessment. I truly understand where your coming from now. Thank you very much your brotha from another mother Jayman1981.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabizniswmn View Post
IF YOU READ I STATED THERE WERE PREVIOUS BLOGS POSTED...THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NEW COMERS SUCH AS MYSELF NOT AS FAR AS THE RICHEST COUNTY BUT THE STATISTICS AS A WHOLE..AND YES IT DOES MATTER WHEN YOU ARE MAKING A LIFE DECISION AS FAR AS YOUR ENVIRONMENT!!

I have seen lots of blogs in regards to this and people's opinions and what not, so for people such as myself that evaluates all aspects of a situation the financial status and all of that matters..I don't know the State of Maryand personally so everything I read I take into consideration and research it!! NOT THAT I NEED TO JUSTIFY MYSELF AND UR OPINION IS NULL AND VOID..but all of this information opens doors for other avenues of research when someone is making a life changing family decision..so what may be foolish to some is vital to others and the reason why it is important has nothing to do with you..so as a person that relies on the voices of Maryland to hear the inner city scoop..I thought this would help the next person considering the same move with a family such as myself..so if this was not for you "KEEP GOING, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR EFFORT EVEN POSTING,TAKE THE MEAT AND SPIT OUT THE BONES AS WE SAY HERE IN CHARLOTTE".....someone is asking the same questions I asked so I have found the answer now I choose to share that's all!! WOW...some people just makes me laugh, I needed that..now WHY DID YOU QUESTION ME AGAIN??WHAT WAS YOUR POINT..LMAO
 
Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM
 
1,196 posts, read 2,627,283 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabizniswmn View Post
I read the blogs and i have done months worth of intense research for Maryland being that I am moving there as we speak..ok here are the true facts...

Howard County is the richest county by far and it shows in the schools and lifestyle and mindset of the people..if you want to know the wealth of a place look at the schools..bc this is a future investment and what person would not want to invest in their child's future

Prince George County ..a lot of people take this out of context..PG COUNTY IS THE RICHEST COUNTY WITH AND FOR BLACK PEOPLE...hmmm see this information is not all inclusive it just shows the demographics of the income of one particular race and of course this is important to us as minorities bc for some it gives them hope..but PG COUNTY IS HOOD RICH...in all of the adds it discussed how there is no longer the plantation of the 1800's and fields..but now there are homes,golf courses and swimming pools in those areas..hmmm that is a hood report.and doesn't make me smile bc it is all built on stuff..nothing being stated about awesome schools,community affairs or anything..so maybe the plantation is not there but the mentality still exists..so I really wanted to clear that up...PGC...is the best Hood Rich for us blacks...not knocking it just presenting facts...this is actually one of my options to relocate but Howard is my first choice..and trust me private school is my only option in PG County!! it is time for change..this is soooo sad
Ok I get it, Howard County is the richest blah, blah, blah. You choose not to move to Prince George's because of how you put it, it's "hood rich" mentality, blah, blah. This topic has been done, redone, buried, resurected (sp) and buried again. I mean really, why can't you just do what you are going to do and be done with it? Like others have stated, what really is the point to this all?

You have no plans of moving to the Prince George's County based on your extensive research on City Data and other places, it's not your cup of tea, so just move on. I imagine everyone (not just Prince George's County residents) are tired of this same old horse being beaten over and over.
 
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
 
Location: SE
331 posts, read 1,100,852 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
Ok I get it, Howard County is the richest blah, blah, blah. You choose not to move to Prince George's because of how you put it, it's "hood rich" mentality, blah, blah. This topic has been done, redone, buried, resurected (sp) and buried again. I mean really, why can't you just do what you are going to do and be done with it? Like others have stated, what really is the point to this all?

You have no plans of moving to the Prince George's County based on your extensive research on City Data and other places, it's not your cup of tea, so just move on. I imagine everyone (not just Prince George's County residents) are tired of this same old horse being beaten over and over.
... and over and over. So what if you don't want to live here. Leave the rest of us who live here alone then.
 
Old 08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
 
31 posts, read 100,494 times
Reputation: 30
You gotta love folks for who they are and their opinions..i've spoken..i've said it..god bless!! Stuff like this really makes me laugh....btw raisedwell..i never asked to have you as a guest at my dinner table anyway..so an invite was never extended..trust me i don't bother a soul so that is very easy for me to do...a world so large with people of a mindset so small..my opinion is just that signed sealed and delivered...and trust i fill my own stillettos no endorsements needed...so i have spoken...lol..it is finished!!
 
Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM
 
Location: SE
331 posts, read 1,100,852 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabizniswmn View Post
You gotta love folks for who they are and their opinions..i've spoken..i've said it..god bless!! Stuff like this really makes me laugh....btw raisedwell..i never asked to have you as a guest at my dinner table anyway..so an invite was never extended..trust me i don't bother a soul so that is very easy for me to do...a world so large with people of a mindset so small..my opinion is just that signed sealed and delivered...and trust i fill my own stillettos no endorsements needed...so i have spoken...lol..it is finished!!
What does this have to do with anything? I don't know you and you don't know me. Btw, I am not "hood rich" and don't live in a mcmansion. I understand your opinion about all that you observed in your visits here and believe me, I don't understand the mindset of people who live like that either. What I don't get is all of the posting or "blogging" as you call it regarding this county. I'm just one of the MANY hard-working people here trying to make a living and make a change. No "small mindset" with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top