U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:05 PM

3 posts, read 6,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntg View Post
Dont be swayed by the non-critical thinkers on this post. MD state offers exemption to vaccinations that you can use at any school that recieves state funding and a few who dont. My daughter is not vaccinated and was in Childtime in Columbia and they accepted the exemption form. She is now at Bryn Mawr a private school for girls and they too accepted the form without question. Sometimes all you have to do is ask the school. Many schools accept the exemption - it is a parental choice. And you arent putting anyone else child at risk - if they choose to inject toxins into their child then they should be so-called protected right?
Thank you!! Thats great! I really appreciate your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,237 times
For the rest of you, I could never explain all the reasons why. It would be a book thicker than the bible. But I can say this, no parent has read as many studies or journal articles as the parents of unvaccinated children. I would venture to say that today's doctors don't read as much, as we read the whole study, not just the synopsis.

All of the parents of the children my child plays with are aware of my decision.

I realize that there is a fear that unvaccinated are putting vaccinated children at a higher risk. This may be true, or it may not be true. I'm not an epidemiologist, so I cannot say either way.

Let's say your child is on the playground with another kid. They seem to be getting along, until your child sets down his very favorite toy for a second to play with something else. Meanwhile, the other child picks it up. Harmless, lets see how it turns out. Your child begins to scream and grabs the toy back, prompting the other child to hit yours. If we are honest with ourselves, our gut reaction (perhaps not the one we act on, but the first instinct) is to be angry with the other child and protect ours.

So, maybe at the root of it, we all care about the safety of our own kids more than others. Must be a human flaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or