U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,423 times

Advertisements

Now granted this isn't very "Original" I tried to deviate from the "Norm" as much as I could, though using mostly the OU Tier you can't do that very much.I am not posting the nicknames that may offend people, which is pretty much all of them, which is pretty much all of them (as I despise the Maryland region),, except Gengar's and who knows maybe someone will be offended by that one too!

Bronzong/(N/a) Item: Leftovers Ability: Levitate Nature: Sassy (+SpD -Spe) EVs: HP 248/Atk 86/Def 84/SpD 92 Moveset: - Stealth Rock - Hypnosis - Explosion - Gyro Ball Bronzong is my lead on this team, as with a lot of standard/OU teams, and it makes a very fine lead indeed. Though I dropped Earthquake for Hypnosis because even with the accuracy drop I still find it very useful and I would rather have that than Earthquake. Of course it will get completely decimated by Magnezone, along with quite a few of my team members, but I like Hypnosis more. If he is to stay alive beyond crippling a guy or two and setting up Stealth Rock he can come in on virtually any type of attack, save for Fire but even then he can still stand a hit or two, and use himself as a bomb, same with most of my other guys again when we get to them. Gengar/(Gozer) <----- If anyone gets offended by the fact that I like "Ghostbusters" then I feel very sorry for you and I can only imagine how offended you would be by my other nicknames. Item: Life Orb Ability: Levitate Nature: Hasty (+Spe -Def) EVs: 6 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe Moveset: - Hypnosis - Shadow Ball - Explosion - Thunderbolt Gengar is one of the greatest Pokemon of all time and he is basically as close as you can get to being a Legendary/Uber without going over the top, but if you are reading this then you should already know all of this already or should have a similar opinion in any case. Gengar can find itself coming in on an expected Ground (Earthquake/Earth Power), Fighting (Close Combat/Focus Blast), or anything that it resists to just incapacitate with Hypnosis, knock a guy out, or make a bomb out of himself. Though being as his resistances are kind of slim he will most likely only see play if one of my guys gets put on the bench for the game. Not very much here that is TOO different about it from standard Gengars except I am running both Hypnosis and Explosion, dropping Focus Blast. Though it should work just fine in my opinion. Claydol/(N/a) Item: Leftovers Ability: Levitate Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA) EVs: HP 240/Atk 114/Def 156 Moveset: - Rapid Spin - Explosion - Earthquake - Zen Headbutt Claydol was in competition with 2 other Pokemon, Starmie and Tentacruel, to be this team's Spinner. I went with Claydol because of its Resistances/Immunities to each of the entry hazards. Though Claydol's usefulness is somewhat hindered beyond doing that it still has STAB Earthquake that can kind of pack a punch on something that doesn't resist it. It can also use STAB Zen Headbutt to maybe cause a flinch or two, maybe. Though after it has spun and if I got rid of the guy responsible then Claydol will probably just blow up like most of my other Pokemon. Salamence/(N/a) Item: Salac Berry Ability: Intimidate Nature: Mild (+SpA -Def) EVs: 252 Atk/252 SpA/6 Spe Moveset: - Dragon Dance - Substitute - Outrage - Fire Blast Now here is where you may be cocking your head to the side a bit thinking "What in the world is this person doing?" I admit this Salamence looks pretty weird, but I really wanted to deviate from the "Norm" as much as I could. Now this is obviously a mixed attacking Salamence so I won't go into that, oh wait I just did never mind lol. Anyway Salamence will come in on an incoming Ground (Earthquake/Earth Power), Fighting (Close Combat/Focus Blast), Water (Surf/Waterfall), or something that I predict he can take a hit or two of and Dragon Dance up to raise his speed above most other Pokemon. Then from there he will just sweep basically. Though he has Substitute to bring his HP down if he needs access to his Salac Berry to out-speed his target and can't take as many hits from the target in question and then continue sweeping. The same process goes for if he comes in after one of my guys hits the showers early. Metagross/(N/a) Item: Choice Band Ability: Clear Body Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpA) EVs: HP 252/Atk 252/6 Spe Moveset: - Explosion - Meteor Mash - Earthquake - Bullet Punch Metagross is one of the most powerful users of the Choice Band in my opinion, only under Tyranitar really, and I like his access to the ability Explosion, if you haven't realized I REALLY like that move Salamence is the only one without it. He can switch into Dragon (Outrage/Draco Meteor), Ice (Ice Beam/Ice Shard), Rock (Stone Edge/Ancient Power), and more because of its Steel typing which means he could end up seeing a LOT of play, though Ground really doesn't like him so he will get switched out a lot as well but oh well. There isn't much else to say because this is basically a standard CB Metagross here. Heatran/(N/a) Item: Choice Scarf Ability: Flash Fire Nature: Rash (+SpA -SpD) EVs: 6 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe Moveset: - Explosion <----- I'm sure you are saying "What a surprise..." right about now - Fire Blast - Earth Power - Dragon Pulse Heatran Scarfed is the BEST revenge killer in the game in my book so he definitely deserves a spot here, also he's pretty kewl overall and he has access to Explosion, blah, blah, blah. The only thing I can think of that is different about mine is that I go for a beneficial SpA nature rather than a Spe one, because I am kind prefer power over speed overall. Though even with that Heatran can still outrun most Pokemon, assuming they haven't boosted there speed or are holding a Scarf themselves. So basically here Heatran comes in after one of my guys goes down and uses the appropriate move at the time and will most likely be seeing itself in the Pokeball again until the next time, unless the opportunity presents itself to switch in otherwise but that probably won't come around aside from absorbing maybe a Flamethrower off of Infernape. I appreciate any and all constructive comments about this team. I will post a threat list if you point out any that may really hit this team, except Magnezone because I know that is a big problem here but I will take it when it comes at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,423 times
oosp, copy pasting went funny. I will fix it up in a sec.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:56 AM

307 posts, read 627,424 times
Were waiting for your fix up!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or