Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 AM

63 posts, read 191,768 times

Advertisements

Hi we moved to an area in South County that has a good public elementary, but it so far out. Husband works in Upper Marlboro, but is in sales and can work in Annapolis, Wash DC and Baltimore areas....We have six year old child.

We are stuck with a lease for a year. We want to move in a year to a good area near or in Annapolis, where we are closer to things. We lived in NYC/Boston/Dublin and are use to things being accessible. The rural/farm/fishing area is nice but not convenient for a 24 hour pharmacy, ect.....

Any suggestions for where to live? Good elementaries/schools/safe area?
I know Annapolis is pricer, but it is a beautiful port city with so many things to see/do.

Any suggestions near Wash DC? Thanks for any info...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 07:26 AM

407 posts, read 1,260,259 times
I live in Annapolis and consider most areas to be fairly safe. I would avoid the Eastport area and stick with areas like Bay Ridge, Hillsmere, and other nice parts of Annapolis. The rent is pretty high here so you may have to pay more for a nice place in a good area but it is worth it.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:25 AM

63 posts, read 191,768 times
Thanks - would you know of better school areas? What area of Annapolis would be better for a commute to Upper Marlboro.

Thanks again!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 AM

407 posts, read 1,260,259 times
Our kids are grown so we don't have any in school. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Annapolis schools but maybe someone else can help in that area.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:53 PM

156 posts, read 422,546 times
Riva or Edgewater would be closer to Annapolis but still not a bad commute to Upper Marlboro. Check out homesdatabase.com and see what you like and then go to the aacps.org site and plug in address to school locater. I hear that schooldigger.com is great to check out schools for student/teacher ratio, standardized test scores, etc. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland