Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 10:52 PM

26 posts, read 63,056 times

Advertisements

A couple months ago I started searching for my first home to purchase. I'm from the Pasadena MD area and have focused my search there. I've found a few homes I really like and have a pretty good idea of the cost in the area however before I make any offers I'd really like to expand my search. I'm looking for areas that are lower cost than Pasadena (my mindset being if I can find an equal home of lesser value or a nicer home at the same value it would be worth living outside of Pasadena).

Basically I'm looking for:
Low(er) cost areas in Maryland
Must be less than ~30 to 40 minutes from Hanover (where I work)
Have single family homes available

Most of the areas I've found in a 30 mile radius to Hanover seem to be equal or greater market value than Pasadena. However I've seen two areas Gwynn Oak/Woodlawn and Halethorpe that seem to be lower and still offer nicer single family homes. Anyone have any opinions on this area? Any other suggestions on areas to look at?

If it helps I'm a 25 year old white male, would be living alone or renting a room to a friend. Not really too picky but I tend to lean towards newer and more modern looking homes. Areas that offer homes with higher amounts of land would be nice but not a neccessity.

Anyone any suggestions on areas to look?

Thoughts on Gwynn Oak and Halethorpe?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland