Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:51 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,288,880 times

Advertisements

No you are 100% wrong pg county is the 2nd wealthiest please do your research and its been like this for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM

57 posts, read 246,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
No you are 100% wrong pg county is the 2nd wealthiest please do your research and its been like this for years.
Why don't you quote your source then???

For years huh, check out this article in the Washington Post:

D.C. Suburbs Top List Of Richest Counties

Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 AM

6,943 posts, read 11,203,123 times
Yeah, I did my research too at Census Bureau Home Page and multiple MD counties have higher per capita and median household incomes than PG. Maybe there is some other statistic you are remembering, if you can find it feel free to let me know.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:55 PM

109 posts, read 617,249 times
I'm not 100% sure about this, but whenever I've seen PGC quoted as 2nd wealthiest county I think it's in terms of Total Personal Income, not median or per capita. I think I saw something on the MD state website about it.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 PM

143 posts, read 869,036 times
Either way, Howard county is the 8th wealthiest county in the US...

I don't remember reading that highly of PG county...maybe certain areas are affluent..

Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 PM

119 posts, read 609,357 times
All you have to do is walk into Columbia Mall vs. oh, say Laurel Mall and you can see who's got the $$$. No one needs statistics for that.

There are places in Howard that are trash (Whiskey Bottom) and places in PG that are nice (Upper Marlboro). Overall, Howard has more money, no doubt.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 AM

Not disputing who has more money. I was just trying to clear up the confusion about the statistic that was being quoted. If I find the link, I will post it.

Rmx Christina, if you look at the posts of residents who live in PGC you will find that, for the most part, we're just discussing the positives in our community. As anyone would do after seeing the incredibly cruel things that were being said here. Not trying to recruit new residents to raise our property values as one poster put it.

Last edited by maat; 06-07-2007 at 04:01 AM..

Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 AM

6,943 posts, read 11,203,123 times
Maat, That stat would make sense since PG county has such a large population. I don't know if total personal income per county is a good measure of wealth since that income is spread out among so many more people than a place like Howard or A.A. county. Just my opinion though, the stat is what it is.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 AM

westsideboy, you are absolutely correct and that's what I was about to say - our population is about 4 times that of Howard. And this is not the stat normally used, but I have seen it used. Let me try to clear up a misconception, and I don't mean to direct this just to you. We do not run around congratulating each other about being the wealthiest minority community even though that is mentioned a lot in the press. But we do try to let people know that there are 2 sides to this story. PGC just might be the most valuable piece of real estate in the state of Maryland right now. A lot of other jurisdictions are overdeveloped and we have room for growth and that's why everyone is now knocking on the door. The state is facing a $1.5B deficit. I don't think they're going to let this county descend into chaos. There is money to be made.

For anyone who's interested, here's the link Total Personal Income Projections 2006

Last edited by maat; 06-07-2007 at 06:49 AM..

Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,288,880 times
I do think that pg county do have alot of growth while other county is all ready 100% develope. County like montgomery have no more land to build or develope so they will have a very slow growth. My reason for moving to Pg couny was because i saw the growth. It a maze me when i hear people in other county stating their property value went decrease and selling their home they would loose money but for my surrounding area it is 100% different. In Upper Marlboro ever builder is here building which have increase property value by 100k since november 2006.
Maat: did you know of the new shopping center coming on 301 in Upper Marlboro going toward Brandywine/Waldorf . I passed the sign yesterday while driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland