Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:09 AM

3 posts, read 7,843 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Harford County for over 20 years and it is a very nice place to live. In reference to the cost it is much lower than Baltimore and the schools are better. Are you loooking for a townhouse or individual? I suggest the Bel Air area, C. Milton Wright high school is nationally ranked, Southampton Middle and Fountain Green is ranked #1-2 in the county. Harford county schools are ranked 2nd in the state. Moving is never easy especially to an area you don't know. Got any questions just e-mail me tpburke4@aol.com. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 05:21 AM

4 posts, read 8,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpburke View Post
C. Milton Wright high school is nationally ranked
That may be true, but how come it seems that the school makes the Aegis newspaper, about every other week, due to fights, drugs and teacher scandal?

Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 AM

16 posts, read 71,492 times
Default Bulle Rock

In response to the question regarding the Paddocks...you will NOT have access to the Bulle Rock clubhouse or activities. That is for the residents of the gated section (non-Paddocks) who pay a higher association fee. The actual golf course is public, and anyone can play there, although Bulle Rock (non-Paddocks) residents get a discount

Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,901 times
If you build at the Paddocks you can not use the Residence Club. Your HOA is only $100.00 per month instead of $311 per month. You have much more freedom at the Paddocks if you would like to have a Fence, Pool etc. Builders are offering some great deals there.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 8,724 times
Have you considered Patriots Glen in Elkton? It's also a golf course community (although not as foo-foo as Bulle Rock) and the HOA dues are less than $35/month. Pool, tennis courts and fitness room are included. Golf course membership (about $2000-$2500/yr last I looked) is additional. Good deals to be had since a lot of people over-bought initially (the original sales agent would qualify a hobo) and it came back to bite them when their ARMs went up. We've been here 8 years (since the neighborhood was built) and still love it.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 AM

347 posts, read 863,207 times
Hi Sandee1213. We also moved from NJ in the early Fall. BelAir schools are terrific but we felt the homes were $$. Also looked into Cecil and really liked the homes but not the schools.(Although we felt North East could have been an option.) We ultimately purchased in Middletown, De. We did like sections of northern Delaware were there are many highly rated private schools but were looking for a good public school system.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:14 AM

471 posts, read 1,829,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocobe View Post
That may be true, but how come it seems that the school makes the Aegis newspaper, about every other week, due to fights, drugs and teacher scandal?
Because there is barely anything else to report about in Harford County! Again, I am not from here i grew up in some of the worst places and found out one of my teachers wasn't a man, and that some of my classmates got killed right outside of school. Compared to the things that go on in Harford the kids are relatively safe. Our admins packed guns because it was that serious. You guys Harford's schools just isn't that bad!

Old 02-18-2010, 03:03 AM

3 posts, read 5,912 times
I have one child that currently has IEP for ICS who will be entering high school. I can use all the insight and help that I can get. Any answers or better information about the schools in harford/ceceil county area around Aberdeen? Aberdeen, Havre de Grace, Perryville?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:28 PM

5 posts, read 15,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTOTO View Post
Lost my previously posted message, sorry to repeat.
My husband and I are moving from NJ to MD. We are looking at Bel Air, HDG, Abingdon and Fallston. Everything seems very expensive. We are meeting with a Realtor soon. We have found out why the taxes vary greatly as well as HOA dues, even though the we r now informed we are still disturbed by some of what we see.
About careers: my sister in law from Houston is planning on moving with us, Does anyone know if the harford county school districts pay well? I am an Occupational Therapist and practice in the area of pediatrics. We are aware of my husbands salary but unsure of mine. This will impact our home purchase price range. Anyone practicing full time on peds? Are there any jobs there? My salary now ranges from 70-90,000 depending on private clients.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
I am an OT also moving to Maryland. I have gotten a job as a Rehab Director in a nursing home for $46/hr. Typically the SNF setting is one of the higher paying settings. I have never worked in peds though. Hope this helps!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 AM

347 posts, read 863,207 times
INTOTO where did you look and what did you like? We loved Bulle Rock but it was $$ and schools weren't great. Also loved North East and Patriots Glen in Elkton but again...schools plus high taxes in Patriots Glen. We are in DE - schools are different than NJ but good. I am also adjusting not having everything be "so close/near" and really liking the Middletown, De area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland