Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:31 PM

5 posts, read 21,054 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Dundalk Md my whole life, and have always disliked this place, a week ago a close friend was stabbed ten times in the chest, when two thugs tried to rob him, and today a guy aimed a gun at me from his car for driving too slow,people are crazy drivers around here, the police said there's nothing they can do without a witness, and it's just about always been this bad.

So I plan on moving, but I'm not sure were, I'm still going to college, so for now I want to stay in the state of Md, I'm looking for a place I can walk outside in, without fear of being killed ,robed, or looking at gangs hanging out on corners.

I'm looking for apartments, price range is not important.

I drive, enjoy riding my motorcycle when weather is good, but only in low traffic/speed areas(I haven't rode for two years for fear of being murdered), like outdoor activity's, I like driving at exactly the speed limit without being harassed, or having guns pointed at me, I like rural areas without tons of congested traffic,
and I'd need stores at a reasonable distance away,( kfc, taco bell,walmart nothing fancy), a motorcycle friendly place would be great, it's killing me not touching my hog.

Would Elkton be a good area to relocate to?

What are the pros and cons of this place, any info on that, Cecil county, or Maryland would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM

Not one reply?
Aww, I guess I'm on instinct alone, I'm going to visit the area but some feedback would have been nice, thanks anyway guys.

What I wrote is what I'm asking, not about schools, kid safe etc, as I noticed a post talking abut what people should ask about etc, what I wrought is what I'm asking. Thanks any help would be apreceated.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 AM

What I'm saying is that the questions I asked are the only ones I'm interested in, other questions are not included because I do not care about those things, and it should not affect a users ability to give an answer.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:38 PM

Not one reply out of 97 views, figures, what a useless webpage.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:31 AM

Location: South of Rt 40, north of the C&D Canal, within sight of the Elk River
2 posts, read 8,776 times
So sorry I didn't think to find this site sooner, 'cause I can tell you, Elkton is a really nice place, all around.

I moved from LI, NY, and found that areas of Elkton offered a 'country' setting, suitable for my horses and myself, without the usual 'rural' isolation! I'm within 7 miles of 24 hour everything -- food, shopping, even the USPO! For someone interested in furthering their 'formal' education, both the Cecil County College and the Delaware State U at Newark are handy, and Elkton's Public Library is excellent. I don't think I'd want to commute to the State U Maryland, what with the bridge toll; but others do -- and some commute to Philly area colleges and universities, too.

There are, of course, places I'd avoid at 3 a.m. in the -- shall we say, 'questionable' areas of the county -- some places in every town in this country have their 'danger' zones. Late teens and early 20's with a dead-end mindset can create trouble with their 'gansta' mentality. I've never actually seen 'gangs' hanging out on corners, in Elkton, although I've read that such things do happen in trailer parks where residents are of limited financial means (iow, low income trailer parks, often with single parent homes).

I'm in my mid 50's, and giving serious thought to a small motorcycle for short trips to town. I don't feel I'd be taking my life in my hands, with lunatic drivers. Of course, my Dad was a professional driver (Greyhound), and thus I might have an 'edge', when it comes to being both sensible, myself, and aware of other drivers, and their actions. There have been accidents on Rts 40, 213, 279, 273 -- but most often, these involve either late hour driving, or speeding. I think one can remain safe, on Cecil County roads, using defensive driving skills.

I'm going to see if I can 'personal message' this post, to you -- and have to say, it always takes time to get a reply on 'forum' messageboards. Don't be easily discouraged by what 'seems' to be disinterest by 'lurking' readers. Often, people need to think about what they want to write, on such message boards.

I wish you much luck in your re-location, wherever you may go.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,635 times
I just found this website n im sry I didnt find it sooner. I have lived in elkton my whole life and it is a greayt place to live, im 29 yr old single mother of 2 n I think elkton is a perfectly good place to raise a family. There isnt very much crime it really depends on what u make ur life to b. If u wnt negative u will find negative and if u wnt positive u will find positive. I think any place is an alright place to live it is what u make of it that counts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland